BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heavy Arms
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

2 Dutch men guilty of injecting 14 with HIV

Ridill
    BG Level

so wait... they gave 14 people HIV on purpose, which in turn, will basically kill them sooner or later, plus rape charges, and all they got was 9years?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Damn, if the victims are infected with HIV as a result, they should be charged with premeditated murder since there's still no cure for the virus.

They work for the government, they were just doing their jobs. :<

Gunitsoldier

haha I talked about this with my friends today, shit's fucked up. Iirc they only got 6-9 years? Rediculously low if you ask me but hey that's the Netherlands.

Banned.

BG Level

Don't worry. They will get their own HIV injections pretty soon.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Pretty sure the convicted were already HIV positive.

It's kind of messed up that the courts basically said "well, we don't know if the victims got HIV because of the injections, or because they are promiscuous faggots" and just charged them for the roofies and rape.

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Kiro View Post
    They work for the government, they were just doing their jobs. :<
    AHA! SO IT IS A GOVERNMENT CONSPIRACY!

Witty Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eticket Pogona
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Good thing I searched. I saw this story and was going to post it.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Gunitsoldier is right, our justice system is fucked :<

Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by 0ni0n View Post
    Damn, if the victims are infected with HIV as a result, they should be charged with premeditated murder since there's still no cure for the virus.
    BERLIN - An American man who suffered from AIDS appears to have been cured of the disease 20 months after receiving a targeted bone marrow transplant normally used to fight leukemia, his doctors said.

While researchers — and the doctors themselves — caution that the case might be no more than a fluke, others say it may inspire a greater interest in gene therapy to fight the disease that claims 2 million lives each year. The virus has infected 33 million people worldwide.

Dr. Gero Huetter said Wedneday his 42-year-old patient, an American living in Berlin who was not identified, had been infected with the AIDS virus for more than a decade. But 20 months after undergoing a transplant of genetically selected bone marrow, he no longer shows signs of carrying the virus.

2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

there's still no cure for the virus.
    you obviously don't watch south park.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

The Netherlands, the only place where you can rape men and inject them with HIV and get sent to prison....where you can rape more men, injecting them with HIV.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dimmauk View Post
    BERLIN - An American man who suffered from AIDS appears to have been cured of the disease 20 months after receiving a targeted bone marrow transplant normally used to fight leukemia, his doctors said.

While researchers — and the doctors themselves — caution that the case might be no more than a fluke, others say it may inspire a greater interest in gene therapy to fight the disease that claims 2 million lives each year. The virus has infected 33 million people worldwide.

Dr. Gero Huetter said Wedneday his 42-year-old patient, an American living in Berlin who was not identified, had been infected with the AIDS virus for more than a decade. But 20 months after undergoing a transplant of genetically selected bone marrow, he no longer shows signs of carrying the virus.
    Yea I heard about that. Bone marrow transplant is still a risky operation that has a 30% fatality rate last time I checked. It really sucks ass that the day before you're disease free and ready for the orgy of you life, then the next day you are infested by a virus that kills 2 million lives a year. Beside the point, I really hope they can find a cure soon.

Quote Originally Posted by BRP View Post
    Don't worry. They will get their own HIV injections pretty soon.
    Did no one else catch this little slice of comedic genius?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Yea I heard about that. Bone marrow transplant is still a risky operation that has a 30% fatality rate last time I checked.
    I believe they had to genetically alter the marrow, as well, because the doctors wanted the T-cells to not produce the receptor that HIV binds to. So in addition to it being a risky and expensive operation, you also have to take that obstacle into consideration.

Still, it provides for a nifty hypothesis for future treatments.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by thatwasnifty View Post
    I believe they had to genetically alter the marrow, as well, because the doctors wanted the T-cells to not produce the receptor that HIV binds to. So in addition to it being a risky and expensive operation, you also have to take that obstacle into consideration.

Still, it provides for a nifty hypothesis for future treatments.
    Yup, CCR5 and CXCR4 receptors. There are already drugs out there that can effectively stop the binding process and extend life expectancy of HIV patients by decades.

Love-God among men.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kiro View Post
    Did no one else catch this little slice of comedic genius?
    It was oooooooooooooooooooooooook

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

So he's been completely cured? As in, it's safe to have sex with him? Not even a dormant carrier, anymore, it's all gone?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Wouldn't it be a bitch if he went out on a sex-binge to celebrate and get hit with a.) just kidding or b.) catching it from another partner in the midst.

Also, there was a HIV positive guy convicted here a couple years ago who pricked a highschool girl at the local arcade with a needle and actually gave her HIV :/ shitty thing, she was 3 years my senior back in highschool and has to live with it. (S.Ontario, Canada)