Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Are mob's magical based TP moves based on HP% remaing?

I notice when a Goblin uses Bomb Toss or when a Crab uses Bubble Shower at 85%+ health it'll do AoE 200-300 DMG, but when the same mobs use those moves when they're near death it does like 10-30 damage to everyone. So I'm thinking that maybe the accuracy or potency of certain magic based tp moves are based on current HP, but this would only hold true for breath attacks i think.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Bomb Toss is, Self Destruct is, never paid attention to crabs.

The bubble shower thing seems to be definitely HP based, now whether it is actually classified as "breath" damage, of it's magic damage with a HP component in damage formula is not clear. Bomb toss seems to be static if it's a regular toss, and HP-based if it's a dropped bomb (I think everyone knew that already though about the dropped ones, and I guess I could be wrong on the regular ones).

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Suiram View Post
    The bubble shower thing seems to be definitely HP based, now whether it is actually classified as "breath" damage, of it's magic damage with a HP component in damage formula is not clear. Bomb toss seems to be static if it's a regular toss, and HP-based if it's a dropped bomb (I think everyone knew that already though about the dropped ones, and I guess I could be wrong on the regular ones).
    Isn't flying hip press the same way? It's just an aoe breath.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Incineration and Poison breath from ToAU crawlers work the same way, it's super strong 80%+ and after that it probably couldn't kill a tank even without Barfira.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyriu View Post
    Incineration and Poison breath from ToAU crawlers work the same way, it's super strong 80%+ and after that it probably couldn't kill a tank even without Barfira.
    People still cast barspells in EXP? <_<

You don't worry about Barfire when fighting erucas?

C- in elemental resistance, its not doing anything.

Apocalypse
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata
    WoW Realm
    Shadowmoon

Quote Originally Posted by Hyriu View Post
    I have read the same thing about Incineration that it is HP based, but the thing is when i was EXPing PLD at those...it's damage was pretty random, some mobs start the fight with Incineration that does like 190 damage to me and then at 40% or so of the mobs HP .. does it again, boom 700 damage.

perplexing perpetrator of in perpetuity
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Wouldnt it be TP based? Mobs use TP @ 300 when towards full health and pop of WS's @ 100 when under 20% heath if i remember correctly.

King of the Jews
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

firesday Q.Q

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Darkspore/Silence Gas are HP based too. I've seen a BST farming with a 95% HP Funguar and it used Darkspore and took a huge chunk off a mob's HP bar.

And it's a regular cause of deaths in Crawler's Nest if people aggro/pull an Exoray.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Those are all obvious cone/breath attacks. I'm talking about circular AoE mob moves like Bubble Shower,Cursed Sphere,Fireball(Lizzies),Waterball(Pugils) etc..

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Bubble shower always seems to be weaker proportionate to the crabs HP to me. I remember always swearing at kuftal crabs when they opened up with that as their first choice of TP move in a fight when XPing there.

I think cursed sphere isn't affected by mobs HP, I can't really remember noticing a difference to be honest, but then again I can't remember fighting Damsflys past Gustav levels (minus the few early merit parties in the mire when it came out, but who wants to fight Flys anyway at that lvl now).

Lizzy fireball i believe is also based on HP, based on dunes experiences only. So little have I killed lizards post dunes for XP (maybe a few Den of Rancor parties pre CoP) so I'm a little fuzzy there.

Waterball I also believe to be HP based. Outside of random Pugil killing and dunes/qufim I try to avoid them as better alternatives are out there.

How about Peryton's AoE move? is that HP based? Now that I'm thinking about it I never really thought about them. Or Whirl of Rage from weapons? I'm sure whirl of rage falls under non magical AoE, but for some reason i remember it being less damage the lower the weapons HP was (I'm sure I'm wrong lol).

29 in magical dog years
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jackson Junior
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuko_Asura View Post
    C- in elemental resistance, its not doing anything.
    Because Barfira is sooooo expensive, right?

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I don't think it's the cost issue but it's the people who seem to swear by it. Likewise, in a blind test, I doubt one would be able to tell the difference between Protect 1 and Protect 5.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukasaz View Post
    Bomb Toss is, Self Destruct is, never paid attention to crabs.
    There are two different bomb toss TP moves. The suicide one where they drop the bomb at their feet is HP based, the normal bomb toss isn't.

Bubbleshower is HP based, cursed sphere isn't. Idk about those other two.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakson View Post
    Because Barfira is sooooo expensive, right?
    The energy I would exert carrying an umbrella around in the midst of a drought wouldn't be significant, that doesn't make it a worthwhile investment of it.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Some of the effects are HP based, and some are TP based.

It can be a bit hard to tell them apart though, because at high health mobs can use a TP move between 100-300TP, but the lower their HP the more chance of using the TP move earlier. At less than 20% they use TP whenever it hits 100 (so long as the timer is up).

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuko_Asura View Post
    The energy I would exert carrying an umbrella around in the midst of a drought wouldn't be significant, that doesn't make it a worthwhile investment of it.
    Shame that this is a game and not real life.
    If you're fighting eruca, barfira.