BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Synth Rate Estimate/Level     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Professional Pixel Pusher
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Synth Rate Estimate/Level

Is 36 synths/level a good estimate for all levels past 50?

I've gotten used to the fast skill ups pre-50 and finally decided to get a few crafts up to 60 (mainly all of them).

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Pretty sure it was 25% chance every synth after 50.
    Answer will be in that thread "Before you ask a stupid crafting question, read this"

I average one or two .1 skill ups per 12 synths, with lucky streaks bringing more. I certainly use one for every 12 synths as my average for costing and hoarding materials.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Well, I was doing that for crafting, but Cooking is the first I've gotten past 50. It's blowing me out of the water on what I used to estimate as.

Right now, I'm trying to get from 57-60. I was going to use Yag Drinks, but decided to use Apple Au Laits. I seem to have run out of a Honey supply, and decided to HQ some Beehive Chips into it instead of buying the honey directly from the AH.

I think I should have used Yag Drinks as a bridge bcause at least then I would have been able to get skill ups on breaks. The last two levels of Au laits were 7 off from cap and I didn't bother with Synth Support (stupid me) since I was based out of Selbina at the time. Now that I'm within 5 levels of the cap I think I'll be less frustrated, but I'll definately have to grind out these last 3 levels and spend more gil than I wanted.

I'll just have to farm it back afterwards while I take a break from crafting for a bit.

Cookiez n Leechez
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ryphen Darconel
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I used the estimate of 36 synths per level and it worked most of the time. Would average about .3 skillups per 12 synths, but there would be bad streaks where I'd see .1 or .2 instead.

The bad streaks always seemed to happen on the things that you hated skilling on.

From other people's data I've seen it seems like 30% skillup rate. So I've been assuming an average of 33.3 synths per level under 5 from cap.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by johnboy View Post
    Pretty sure it was 25% chance every synth after 50.
    Answer will be in that thread "Before you ask a stupid crafting question, read this"
    As he said...

For any craft above your natural craft skill 50 or above:
    6 or farther from cap: somewhere between 25% and 33% chance to skill-up on a successful synth
    5 or less from cap: somewhere between 25% and 33% chance to skill-up on any synth, broken or not

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Yeah, I went ahead with 4 stacks of ingredients per level.
    Came out with some Honey to spare on my synths. Minor way to make a little money back.

Thanks for the Info.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Vandalhart View Post
    Is 36 synths/level a good estimate for all levels past 50?

I've gotten used to the fast skill ups pre-50 and finally decided to get a few crafts up to 60 (mainly all of them).

There's a sticky. If you had read it, your post would not have been made

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I did read it, and it didn't state specifically in the sticky.
    It was unclear to me, so I asked for clarification.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I did read it, and it didn't state specifically in the sticky.
    It was unclear to me, so I asked for clarification.
    This from the sticky in the first section 8 lines from the top of the page:

"For any craft above your natural craft skill 50 or above:
    6 or farther from cap: somewhere between 25% and 33% chance to skill-up on a successful synth
    5 or less from cap: somewhere between 25% and 33% chance to skill-up on any synth, broken or not"

I don't know what to say. Aurik is always pretty darn clear and this is pretty darn clear. This is about as specific as you need to get to state the point.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

My question was about the estimated # of synths I should plan for for a level up. It doesn't, other than the mention of frequency of skill-ups, even touch on that topic. I wanted to see what other peoples opinions are, so I asked.

The two are immediate consequences of each other lol If you go by the the 25-33% range in the sticky, then if 25% is right it will take 10/.25 = 40 synths on average. If 33% is right it will take 10/.33 = 30 synths on average. So between 30 and 40. You can get more accurate if you have a more precise idea of what skillup rate actually is, just divide 10 by that percentage.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

My question was about the estimated # of synths I should plan for for a level up. It doesn't, other than the mention of frequency of skill-ups, even touch on that topic. I wanted to see what other peoples opinions are, so I asked.
    math is hard?

Something witty
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

From personal experience i've estimated it depending on your distance from the synth cap. 3 under = about 1/3 chance of skillup; 2 under about 1/4; 1 under about 1/5. I know this is a rough estimate, and the difference between them could just be my imagination, but that's what it feels like, and it roughly fits the 25-33% chance data.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Theraven View Post
    math is hard?
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by Fogo View Post
    From personal experience i've estimated it depending on your distance from the synth cap. 3 under = about 1/3 chance of skillup; 2 under about 1/4; 1 under about 1/5. I know this is a rough estimate, and the difference between them could just be my imagination, but that's what it feels like, and it roughly fits the 25-33% chance data.
    Millions of years ago when i tested it on spiderwebs between 72-80, there was no difference between 72 and 79 (aside from a higher break rate at 72, but we all know those events can simply be eliminated) I retested on gs beads from 81-87 last year and once again, no difference.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Now that I've finished off Cooking to 60, I'm working on other crafts. So far I've gotten Bonecraft to 20, and Leathercraft to 11. I'm going to work on Bonecraft (28) and Leathercraft (21) in tandem.

I tried farming Dhalmels in Western Altepa Desert last night, but it was rather slow. The promise of 1-4 Dhalmel Hides was enticing, but rarely seemed to happen with the limited Treasure Hunter I had.

I decided to head to Buburimu to try that out and found it much better.
    Anyone have any alternatives for Dhalmel Hides, or is this the best place for them?

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

From my expereince so far, atleast with clothcrafting... I had a bad streak from 58-75. Skill ups were comming rarely....maybe .1 or .2 every 15 synths or so. But after 75, till about now where I am (@ 85 Clothcraft) Skill ups were decent. I hate crafting but at the same time, I am addicted as hell to it (I think we all feel this way )