Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Fanfest 2008 question thread

I have yet to see a thread dedicated specifically to questions players would like to submit to the dev team at Fanfest this year so I thought I'd start one.

Last year I attended Fanfest and did some shouting/asking around for questions people wanted to ask the dev team amongst those were not able to attend.

I am unable to attend this year - if someone is willing to take some time during Fanfest to transcribe and submit these questions that'd be great. If you choose to do so, please exercise your best judgement and filter out retarded shit like "Can we have French Fries to go with our cheese sandwich?" etc. Please do not post AV questions, they are undoubtedly going to get asked 5,000 times by those attending anyway.

Please keep your questions short, the question forms are small and I doubt anyone is going to write out any walls-o'-text that won't fit on the form anyway.

New Odin
    BG Level

1. Are you going to do anything about BLM's exping? Nobody invites them.

2. Are you planning on trying to recover crafting? If yes, how?

3. Are you ever going to make hard missions again? CoP for teh win.

4. Playerbase says: Alexandrites must go. Will you ever reconsider this requirement again? Fun quest spoiled by little gems, That's too bad.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

The questions are entered into a hat and drawn at random... except for that "cheese sandwich" one that "Hempknight" (LOL @ that name!!!) put in... i think that was chosen for sheer oddness. that Japanese humour for you

just warning... if you have something massively annoying to ask like "WHY CANT WE KILL AV"...they aren't going to pick your question.

i only say this cos i volunteered last year and watched the whole process. doodz.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aylin Celesse
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Hellscream

Is there any chance storage and claim slips for Nyzul-earned armor (Goliard, Denali, Askar), and Salvage-earned armor (Morrigan, Marduk, Skadi, Ares, Usukane) can be introduced or implemented?

Is there any chance of slightly downgrading the amount of Alexandrite required for a Mythic Weapon upgrade, or is it possible to have it drop off of *ALL* ancient machinery including those that exist within Nyzul Isle (ie, Ramparts)?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsu Kiyome
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Would you ever consider making every Waltz or Flourish ability on a seperate timer for Dancer so they are able to keep up with the demands of the party?

(Anyone else have this happen as DNC? You need to heal but timers are bogging you down, meanwhile you're sitting with 200+ TP)

What steps are being done to make DNC/PUP/*X job here* to be more useful for party and end game situations? PUP and DNC got the short end of the stick as far as newer jobs go whereas SCH and COR are very powerful jobs. Can we see some balance?

Are there ever going to be any revisions to the Conflict/Ballista/PvP system? Can we expect to see a more balanced PvP in the future, perhaps with rewards or incentives to encourage participation in Conflict?

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Ask if they can have dancer's buffs affect the whole alliance. The ally isn't going to want a DNC for each pt, and in a place like dynamis it'd benefit the whole ally to have 1 DNC giving them haste or absorb HP rather than affecting possibly 2-3 other people (mages won't be meleeing in dyna!).

Sassy Tyrant
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Falisa Asile
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik View Post
    Ask if they can have dancer's buffs affect the whole alliance. The ally isn't going to want a DNC for each pt, and in a place like dynamis it'd benefit the whole ally to have 1 DNC giving them haste or absorb HP rather than affecting possibly 2-3 other people (mages won't be meleeing in dyna!).
    ^

Also healing anyone I want to would be nice as well :\ Even if they're not in a party or alliance whatever

Quote Originally Posted by Falisa View Post
    ^

Also healing anyone I want to would be nice as well :\ Even if they're not in a party or alliance whatever
    This too.

And since we're talking about DNC...

How about a Raise/Reraise Jig? Next tier Divine Waltz, perhaps? And what about better endgame gear choices for DNC? I get that they simply can't give everything THFs have, because then THFs would cry from the heavens, but they could perhaps be a little more creative with DNC gear access.

Sorry... I've thought about this a lot

Sassy Tyrant
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Falisa Asile
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Asura

They made Scholar awesome, where is Dancer's turn!?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Isnt the fanfest thread in advanced already full of questions?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by sleekmotorwurkz View Post
    Isnt the fanfest thread in advanced already full of questions?
    why should someone ask that? i dont think square enix will know it.

ask them if there will be a new craft or something. and more t0 synths for smithing that dont suck.

and if they are planning to make cop easyer, even if someone asked if there will be a harder missions.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Ysera

Quote Originally Posted by Feslmu View Post
    ask them if there will be a new craft or something. and more t0 synths for smithing that dont suck.

and if they are planning to make cop easyer, even if someone asked if there will be a harder missions.
    I sincerely doubt they will introduce new crafting systems, considering all the bases they've covered. And if there ARE new t0 synths introduced to smithing, or otherwise, that doesn't "suck" (suck how? financially? break rate? what?) they will not be profitable whatsoever, because everyone and their mother will be doing it.

CoP was already nerfed into f'in oblivion. It seriously, seriously, seriously does not need to be nerfed further. Please don't give SE the impression that we want it to.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

One and only:

Will you give Sanraku the option to give players back their Tier 4 RARE EX ZNM drops if they already turned them in?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsu Kiyome
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Falisa View Post
    They made Scholar awesome, where is Dancer's turn!?
    This is my point exactly.

Dancer has been awesome in every game it has been in in the series. FFXI? Nope. It's awful. Fix this please....

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I don't think DNC is really 'horrible' at this time but it does need help. I still am hoping for a Light Arts/Dart Arts or Hasso/Seigan system that augments either DD abilities (shorter timer on steps, improved step accuracy, enhanced Building and Wild Flourishes, more TP gained for Reverse Flourish) or healing abilities (reduction in TP cost and recast time for waltzes, enhanced sambas, and increase in healing potency). A man can dream though...

As for PUP, I can honestly say that besides a few tweaks to the automaton AI and lowered activate timer (though the issue is less prevalent now), PUP is actually in great shape thanks to the af2 and stringing pummel upgrades.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Make them sign something so they can't give you answers like, "I don't know" "We'll take this [your hopes and dreams] back to Japan and think about it"

What do BLU Physical Potency merits do? Fix BLM? "New" avatars announced a long time ago, what gives? Most people would agree that Level sync is a great success, but the biggest problem is capping combat and magic skills... Please do something about this!