+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Jailer of Prudence Strategy

Hi all,

Ive researched the forums and i still have yet to find a detailed jailer of prudence strategy. I'm leading a sea LS and we plan on popping him 2x this weekend. However, we dont have the numbers to just throw bodies at it and prudence is the hardest T2 pop to get so i really wanna make sure we win this. Wiki says best way is to just have a thf with powder boots pop him and then work his way back to sea lions den zone and not be in any sort of party due to ally hate. Then have the main ally just peel the other prudence pop off of him. When the main ally pulls the other one off of the the thief, should we just have a nin at night just run around and kite him i guess until the other prudence depos? Also, will the other prudence pop depop once the thief zones or does he have to work his wall ALL the way back to his original spawn point and be left alone there for 2 minutes and then depop? Ive killed him in the past but we've always had like 26-30 ppl and we just threw bodies at him basically and killed off both clones. My LS has maybe only 16-18 ppl with sea so im hoping this strategy works. Any tips are appreciated.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

That's complicated.

THF and a mage can kite one around the tree forever, I say THF because flee is useful to get it there, but after that you can run around it as long as you want. Kite tree is SW in the water.

For the rest, just straight tank it and nuke it down, rest up, bring the other over, then kill it. Only deaths we have are overzealous BLM.

make sure its the 2nd tree because the first one has a phuabo wandering around there

Have a job with movement speed, preferably powder boots too outside of alliance. Have your tank pop it, also outside alliance.. you can send an invite to the tank before pop, just make sure they don't accept right off. Have the movement speed person use powder boots before pop, pull the unclaimed one when they pop and run for tavnazia. As soon as the other one is touched by the movement speed person, tank can accept invite and you can begin fighting. The person pulling the other one needs to make it all the way to the updraft(or at least very close), if necessary have a second person out of alliance go with them to take over if they die. After they have done this, the copy will deaggro and walk at deaggroed speed toward the one you're fighting, once 3 minutes pass without it getting close enough to relink it will depop. When it depops, the one your alliance is fighting will open it's mouth and you finish it off for drops. It's very doable with ~8 people straight tanking + extra to kite off spare.. you could very likely duo it kiting.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Thorny View Post
    Have a job with movement speed, preferably powder boots too outside of alliance. Have your tank pop it, also outside alliance.. you can send an invite to the tank before pop, just make sure they don't accept right off. Have the movement speed person use powder boots before pop, pull the unclaimed one when they pop and run for tavnazia. As soon as the other one is touched by the movement speed person, tank can accept invite and you can begin fighting. The person pulling the other one needs to make it all the way to the updraft(or at least very close), if necessary have a second person out of alliance go with them to take over if they die. After they have done this, the copy will deaggro and walk at deaggroed speed toward the one you're fighting, once 3 minutes pass without it getting close enough to relink it will depop. When it depops, the one your alliance is fighting will open it's mouth and you finish it off for drops. It's very doable with ~8 people straight tanking + extra to kite off spare.. you could very likely duo it kiting.
    Do these things normally run faster then +12 % movement speed? I have clegs on my rdm and was wondering if me and another thf with striders could kite one without it catching up to us. They hit extremely hard so if they triple attacked me without shadows up, i could probably go down in one round maybe...

Also, i havent fought prudence in like 2 years. I remember last time he raped our tanks left and right. You think with 16-18 ppl, we could actually stay alive long enough while the kiters kite the other prudence copy to zone? I imagine this process will take about 6-7 minutes.

The movement speed seems erratic, sometimes THFs with Striders report that it keeps up, other times that it lags behind, but our THF only died early once, an extra person is just a precaution. With Hauteclaire, Aegis, Defending Ring, Jelly Ring, double lolMinnes and Phalanx II, Prudence hits me for 0 on block and 50-80 non-block, very easily manageable, especially now with Reprisal. Was slightly more damage pre-Aegis obviously but still very easy/doable, we do it the way Thorny outlined every time, you kill it down low while they're taking the other away and have TP/BLMs ready and then as soon as it depops you can rape it before it becomes a threat.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Prudences movement speed varies, it normally runs at roughly normal movement speed and you can outrun it with 12% movement speed, other times it seems to gain a speed boost to roughly +25%.

It will sometimes pop with this movement bonus, sometimes it won't. The other time I have noticed it is after it 2hrs, this is just observing it from kiting it around bush while alliance deals with the other. Generally the speed bonus lasts around 30 seconds (linked to Perfect Dodge possibly).

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

they both have shared TP, so just spam main alli's prudence. the copy will use the same tp moves. that mean it will stop to use TP "kiter is out of range" giving you more and more distance. if you can get prudence to spam TPmoves, you can get away with just 1kiter. just dont over do it where main alli dds are dying from hate.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

The way my LS always does it is had 2 plds some healing/brd/rdms a thf to kite one of them and a shit ton of blms

Pop it, have the thf flee one of them away, when its far enough, have one pld 2h and have the blms go nuts on the one. Once one of them is dead it is a lot easier, but if you cant kill the first one before the second comes back you hand troubles.

Another strat i have heard of but never seen done or tried myself is throwing 6 rdm/nin at it. Throw three on each and just dot them all to death. Im sure it takes a long time but i have been told it works very easy (again never tried or seen tried)

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

I normally pop this for my LS while on THF. What I do is stay out of a party, hit my 2 hour and pop them, then make sure to get claim on both (Steal from one, Mug the other). One will go yellow as soon as you have hate on both. I then pop Flee and run. Movement speed on them is indeed varied, sometimes I outrun it and it just depops, other times it keeps up, and I end up dying. Not that it matters, since as soon as you lose aggro (either by zoning, losing the mob, or death), it will start to wander back. The thing to keep in mind here is while the THF is doing his deal, NO ONE can damage the copy of Prudence you will be killing in any way (and this includes spikes and the like.) From what I remember, the second copy will despawn when the first's mouth closes (I think it's close, someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I am never actually at the mob that we kill when the copy disappears.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

One will open its mouth when the other one is gone pretty much. So ya, either killing it/getting it to despawn opens the other's mouth, then have a green light on killing the remaining one.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

It moves at normal speed, it gains Flee whenever the one being tanked does Perfect Dodge, it lasts 30 seconds. Otherwise its perfectly kiteable, half the time when it gains flee, it catches up to you only to try to do a WS which you typically outrun. So even during flee its not impossible to kite. I straight tank it on pld/war, blms are only allowed to use tier 3 nukes. Easy fight, no deaths. Phalanx 2 helps a lot. I solo tank but if you're not comfortable with that you can use 2 tanks pretty safely.

We usualy do 3-4 of these at a time, so we dont plan anything with 2hrs.

Yes this is the hardest of the Tier 2 Jailers, but dont try to over think it, its really not that bad.

We have a setup of:

Tank Party with 2 PLD/war 2xWHM RDM BRD

BLM Party of BLM x6 (no refresh as if they are burning MP that fast they will pull hate, resting = good )

Other Party of THF(TH only) PLD/war(2nd copy holder) WHM RDM, BLM BLM

Outside party of WHM RDM XXX XXX (anything that can do some light curing)

What we do is we have one of the tank party PLDs pop it, so the origianl copy will go for him. The PLD in the Other Party Shield Bashes the 2nd copy. After he Shield Bashes he runs it west and just around the corner where the Outside cure party will cure him as he just stright tanks it.

we tank the first copy with main ally, as blms nuke it down with light nuking. When we kill the first, Other Party PLD brings the 2nd copy back and we just fight it. THF is for placebo Hunter only. WHM and RDM in other party are more for PLD after it brings second copy back.

We use PLD/war only on this as it tends to tear shadows down fast and going turtle build helps you live a lot more.

Biggest mistake on Prudence is Melee (AoE tears them up, and its evasion and Perfect Dodge spam are really annoying)

Second Biggest mistake is trying to rush the kill, if you have a nice stable setup, you can just kill it nice and easy, if your BLMs rush or do Epeen damage. They will pull hate, it will Hide > run to them > pop a nasty AoE and generaly wipe half to all your BLMs and some support if poorly postioned.

I guess thats the other thing, Postioning is vital in this fight for when that BLM just has to pull hate cuz he epeen is hurting form using Tier III only.

We tend to put the 2 PLDs right at the ??? spot, Support hugs the South wall just west of there, and blms hug the north wall just in range. This makes sure that if BLMs pull hate, an AoE wont hit the Support.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Shadowbind works great too.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

1. thf solo flee> pop wearing powder boots, main ally voke yellow fish
    2. flee end > powder boots
    3. get to nearest portal and warp
    4. ensure prudence is AT LEAST distance 50 apart.
    5. zone or die
    6. main ally wait for mouth open after thf's fish depop
    7. manaburn fest
    8. ???
    9. rod, profit

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rith Ridan
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Azjol-Nerub

My LS normally just pops the fishes with a THF who flees to the half submerged tree and kites it there forever. We have 1 PLD who claims one fish and kites him around the spawn area and when the THF reaches his tree we unload our BLMs on the claimed one. Using a mix of good BLM/RDMs or BLM/NINs we usually kill the claimed fish with minimal deaths as long as BLMs kite away from the rest when they grab hate. Eventually when the first fish is dead we move the alliance over to the other fish thats still being kited by the THF (with open mouth now) and do the same trick there but usually with a lot more death thanks to unlucky trips/crits and AoE rapega spam.

Our setup usually consists of:
    PLD PLD BRD RDM WHM
    BLM x? { BRD | RDM }
    BLM x?-1 THF { BRD | RDM }

we usually only get about 12-14 people tho so end up with only a handful BLMs.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

While the THF is kiting the one to the Tavnazia Updraft is it ok if the alliance is damaging the other one?

If trying to low man this I would prefer to have the one the Alliance is holding down as far as possible so that when the kited one despawns it can't hurt our Alliance that much and it won't take more then a couple AM2's to knock him off completely. Just want to make sure he can be damaged while the other one is being kited away to be despawned.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Quote Originally Posted by Aragon of Odin View Post
    While the THF is kiting the one to the Tavnazia Updraft is it ok if the alliance is damaging the other one?

If trying to low man this I would prefer to have the one the Alliance is holding down as far as possible so that when the kited one despawns it can't hurt our Alliance that much and it won't take more then a couple AM2's to knock him off completely. Just want to make sure he can be damaged while the other one is being kited away to be despawned.
    If you are kiting one away to the Updraft, do not damage the other copy (ie, the killing copy) in any way (including spikes and DOTs), or else run the risk of getting both copies when the THF loses aggro. We had bad luck when a tank had Reprisal up during this pull, so really just hold it do not try to hurt it in any way. Basically, just hold the other copy as the THF loses his copy.

Really, this can be a bit of a tricky pull, esp if people get too anxious about the fight), but as long as you just wait til the second copy goes away, you are fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Meepein View Post
    If you are kiting one away to the Updraft, do not damage the other copy (ie, the killing copy) in any way (including spikes and DOTs), or else run the risk of getting both copies when the THF loses aggro. We had bad luck when a tank had Reprisal up during this pull, so really just hold it do not try to hurt it in any way. Basically, just hold the other copy as the THF loses his copy.

Really, this can be a bit of a tricky pull, esp if people get too anxious about the fight), but as long as you just wait til the second copy goes away, you are fine.
    I'm going to have to disagree, you can definitely hurt it before it opens its mouth. They have synced tp moves, but as the THF will be the only person on the other prudence's hate list they will be used on him/her and they can outrun them fine. It makes it easier to drag the mob away, in addition to helping fight go faster. Think about it logically.. your tank is on hate list anyway since in your method you pop outside ally and they claim, the mob will get tp from hitting them anyway, if having hate and it TPing aren't what makes it link then why would doing damage? I think you just didn't get far enough before dying, or for some reason you having hate on both screwed it up =x

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Yes. You can damage one once the other is kited far enough away not to teleport back. You also need to make sure that the kiter (doesn't need to be THF) gets it far enough away before he loses aggro, so it will depop before it gets back into linking range. Arthars says 50' is enough; that seems low to me but I don't have an alternative number.

There's no need for the kiter to tag both copies at the start if you have another THF for TH.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast