+ Reply to Thread
    Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Penny Arcade / Child's Play

Tired of the Media bashing gamers all the time? Tired of being indirectly called the downfall of our society and the cause for all our school shootings!?

The guys in Penny Arcade reacted to articles like that. They got pissed off, and made a website where gamers can buy gifts/games/console systems or just donate money to kids in hospitals for the X-Mas season.

www.childsplaycharity.org

The first few days, they got thousands of dollars in donations from gamers all around the country.

It's quite possibly the coolest thing ever! And the author who originally wrote the post that pissed Gabe off apologized: HeraldNet: Video gamers go out of their way for ill children

If you don't know about this yet, spread the word! If you don't have money, Spread the Word anyway!

Some of the stuff on the donation site are 2 dollars. Two dollars. Granted, you can give to charity everywhere else, without letting people know, and to the homeless, or whatever... we, as gamers, also just don't have to prove ourselves to anyone, but this is for the gaming community, and of course, for those kids!

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

You do realize that child's play has been around for like 4 years now right? It's not new

But still, it's a great cause and a great charity to donate to for the holidays.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Yeah I can't believe I only found out about it yesterday. But I'm sure there's more slow people like me that need to be told about it :D

Sponsored by Orton
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Child's Play is seriously one of the greatest things ever. I remember them showing what all they bought for the kids last year. Was seriously impressive. I'll definitely be supporting.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

It's amazing that this little webcomic has spawned its very own Xbox game, a convention bigger than E3 (PAX), and a charity that collects more for children than even a lot of well-known widespread older charities. I am constantly in awe of PA's ability to do things, and they keep getting greater and greater. I'll probably be donating to Child's Play this year, for the first time now that I have a job. I would encourage others to do the same.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    It's amazing that this little webcomic has spawned its very own Xbox game, a convention bigger than E3 (PAX), and a charity that collects more for children than even a lot of well-known widespread older charities. I am constantly in awe of PA's ability to do things, and they keep getting greater and greater. I'll probably be donating to Child's Play this year, for the first time now that I have a job. I would encourage others to do the same.
    What's more amazing is that they still can't make funny webcomics!

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post

You must not have a soul!

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

I disagree completely, but it's interesting to know that someone thinks PA isn't funny. Must be because it's popular, huh? Can't enjoy anything that's popular, that's caving to the man! >.>

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Hey how about you post your favorite webcomics and we'll all tell you how wrong you are for liking it, because what you like is clearly terrible, too.

Opinions, assholes, etc. Talk about Child's play.

Funde Razor in Denver mid-december: Event: Denver's Child's Play Funde Razor 08 Is a Go

There are likely to be other events local to you that give to child's play, so if choosing the perfect amount to donate seems tricky, there are always other events to give to. eBay auctions, etc.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Penny arcade, not VGcats

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Oooo! Look at me! I'm so edgy because I think the things that other people like are lame. I don't like your faggy corporate music because all of those bands sold out, so everything that I like is so obscure that even if you do a web search you won't find them because everyone on the internet is a sell out. (Goth hair flip.)

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Well, regardless of if their comics are good or bad (I like em!), this is still a very awesome thing they've done! :D

AkashiXI

edit: Not going to bite the troll bait. It was poor taste, just go back to spam.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Fail troll is not fail...? :/

It is really cool that things like this are around. Regardless of quality, the fact that they even try is respectable.