+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    443
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    Penny Arcade / Child's Play

    Tired of the Media bashing gamers all the time? Tired of being indirectly called the downfall of our society and the cause for all our school shootings!?

    The guys in Penny Arcade reacted to articles like that. They got pissed off, and made a website where gamers can buy gifts/games/console systems or just donate money to kids in hospitals for the X-Mas season.

    www.childsplaycharity.org

    The first few days, they got thousands of dollars in donations from gamers all around the country.

    It's quite possibly the coolest thing ever! And the author who originally wrote the post that pissed Gabe off apologized: HeraldNet: Video gamers go out of their way for ill children

    If you don't know about this yet, spread the word! If you don't have money, Spread the Word anyway!

    Some of the stuff on the donation site are 2 dollars. Two dollars. Granted, you can give to charity everywhere else, without letting people know, and to the homeless, or whatever... we, as gamers, also just don't have to prove ourselves to anyone, but this is for the gaming community, and of course, for those kids!

  2. #2
    Pandemonium
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    7,859
    BG Level
    8
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

    You do realize that child's play has been around for like 4 years now right? It's not new

    But still, it's a great cause and a great charity to donate to for the holidays.

  3. #3
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    443
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    Yeah I can't believe I only found out about it yesterday. But I'm sure there's more slow people like me that need to be told about it :D

  4. #4
    Sponsored by Orton
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    4,518
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Child's Play is seriously one of the greatest things ever. I remember them showing what all they bought for the kids last year. Was seriously impressive. I'll definitely be supporting.

  5. #5
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    7,158
    BG Level
    8

    It's amazing that this little webcomic has spawned its very own Xbox game, a convention bigger than E3 (PAX), and a charity that collects more for children than even a lot of well-known widespread older charities. I am constantly in awe of PA's ability to do things, and they keep getting greater and greater. I'll probably be donating to Child's Play this year, for the first time now that I have a job. I would encourage others to do the same.

  6. #6
    CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    7,965
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

    Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    It's amazing that this little webcomic has spawned its very own Xbox game, a convention bigger than E3 (PAX), and a charity that collects more for children than even a lot of well-known widespread older charities. I am constantly in awe of PA's ability to do things, and they keep getting greater and greater. I'll probably be donating to Child's Play this year, for the first time now that I have a job. I would encourage others to do the same.
    What's more amazing is that they still can't make funny webcomics!

  7. #7
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    872
    BG Level
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    What's more amazing is that they still can't make funny webcomics!

    You must not have a soul!

  8. #8
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    7,158
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    What's more amazing is that they still can't make funny webcomics!
    I disagree completely, but it's interesting to know that someone thinks PA isn't funny. Must be because it's popular, huh? Can't enjoy anything that's popular, that's caving to the man! >.>

  9. #9
    blax n gunz
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    11,161
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    What's more amazing is that they still can't make funny webcomics!
    Hey how about you post your favorite webcomics and we'll all tell you how wrong you are for liking it, because what you like is clearly terrible, too.

    Opinions, assholes, etc. Talk about Child's play.

    Funde Razor in Denver mid-december: Event: Denver's Child's Play Funde Razor 08 Is a Go

    There are likely to be other events local to you that give to child's play, so if choosing the perfect amount to donate seems tricky, there are always other events to give to. eBay auctions, etc.

  10. #10
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,832
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    What's more amazing is that they still can't make funny webcomics!
    Penny arcade, not VGcats

  11. #11
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    12,469
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    What's more amazing is that they still can't make funny webcomics!
    Oooo! Look at me! I'm so edgy because I think the things that other people like are lame. I don't like your faggy corporate music because all of those bands sold out, so everything that I like is so obscure that even if you do a web search you won't find them because everyone on the internet is a sell out. (Goth hair flip.)

  12. #12
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    443
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    Well, regardless of if their comics are good or bad (I like em!), this is still a very awesome thing they've done! :D

  13. #13
    AkashiXI
    Guest

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    What's more amazing is that they still can't make funny webcomics!
    edit: Not going to bite the troll bait. It was poor taste, just go back to spam.

  14. #14
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    9,732
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Fail troll is not fail...? :/


    It is really cool that things like this are around. Regardless of quality, the fact that they even try is respectable.

Similar Threads

  1. Is there a Penny Arcade Expo topic yet?
    By Ryko in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 2008-06-18, 17:36
  2. On The Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness (Penny Arcade Game)
    By Lbelle in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 2007-03-23, 14:56
  3. Penny Arcade News section..
    By Pete in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2005-10-18, 13:24
  4. Bless you, Penny Arcade.
    By Septimus in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 2005-08-15, 19:03