BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Moblin Maze Mongers.....For Crafters?

Just like fighting enemies virtually anywhere else in Vana’diel, combat within the maze depths will yield both experience points and skillups. There is also the possibility of increasing your crafting skills, should the theme of the maze be based on synthesis. Capable of accommodating players up to a crafting skill of 60, it may be just the right venue for you and a friend to practice your handiwork.
    Source (2nd to last paragraph)

I'm not sure what to think of this. It could be nice to finish skilling subs, but I'm thinking it could just hurt current crafters by creating more competition.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Silvermoon

this is probably the only thing that could motivate me to craft anything, seems pretty fun. tbh setting the limit at 60 will still weed out people who aren't serious about crafting before they get to be any kind of competition, i bet.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I dont think it will add much competition seeing as you can get most crafts to 60 with under 100k. If they didn't have the gil or motivation to do that already, then I don't see much of a threat with post-60 crafting or them getting mats for the pre-60 "profit" synths.

I'm looking forward to this as I have lost my motivation to craft. I blew thru Leathercraft from 0-100 in a little under 2 months of straight farming. Seems like that drained me because I havent crafted for gil since I hitt 100 a month and a half ago. I only craft for others and guild points. Maybe this Maze thing will get me back into the swing of things.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'll be pretty happy if this caps out my alchemy or gets me a few levels on goldsmithing

Dice and rum
    Not necessarily in that order

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I have no use for it, my subcrafts are done, but so long as it's under 60 only, I don't mind if it exists.

especially with the entrance fee, assume it's 10k. it might be useful as a bridge thru a shitty section of a craft (i know gold has a few pricey stretches) but even if you get .5 skillup from a run, sub 60 i don't see that as being cheaper than just buying materials in the majority of cases.