Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Sacrifice Pull Tips <yes please>

I'm a career BLM (no puller jobs leveled past 11 atm lol) so I don't really know how to properly guide my pullers in Dynamis.

I'm wondering... when a sacrifice pull is needed, what mob in the NM area should the puller attack to start pull? The stone that spawns the NM? Any mob BUT the one that spawns the NM? Does it matter? And when our PLD pulls the NM from the train for bringing to the group, should he pull it with ranged or otherwise? I know the sac pull routes, and know to keep my main group *standing* in safe NM camps. I just want to know exactly how to do it right to avoid huge trains wasting our group. Most of our pullers are fairly new to Dynamis, and I want to be able to guide them properly.

I'm sorry if this info has been posted, I've been searching a lot and can't find quite what i'm looking for. Any tips or links to info pertaining to this would be greatly appriciated. Thanks!

shouldn't really matter on most sac pulls. aggro, attack, whatever gets the mobs to follow your sac. after that, all your pld needs to do is tag the mob w/ something that gets its attention. i'll often run in and pull a dyna boss to alliance just to speed the process up so i don't have to handhold a new pld into finding his mark. just stun the bastard and run for alliance. no mess, no fuss. only exception is the beauc attestation mobs since they link weirdly and have to be pulled in a weird fashion.

New Merits
    BG Level

In dynamis doesnt matter what he targets, as long as he dies in a place that the mobs wont re aggro the main group pm the route back, no one should cast on him or risk getting aggro on the mob he targeted. Usually ideal for thf to hit statues/eyes with ranged attack to pull as it allows more leeway to get some distance and supposed adds th to a stat that blms would kill.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

tyvm! I think I'll just make my husband (Galka sam lol) do the sac pulls for our next run which is Dynamis-San d'oria since they are shorter pulls. I'll pick off the NM with stun. He's easier to boss around since he's in the room... lol

how many people are you bringing and what are you sacing? if you pull with care and have at least an alliance, you shouldn't run into anything other than boss that you'd want to sac that i can think of.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

We will most likely sac mega boss only for Dynamis-San d'oria. We did Bastok as our first event and didn't get clear for those who needed it, but farmed enough currency to pay for the run plus 2 more. We killed only 2 of the pop NMs before we ran out of time. I should not have picked Bastok first, long sac pulls and 3 NMs in far corners was a bit much to ask for first run together. I thought an experienced dynamis THF was going to be there but he didn't make it. We had about 24 people at that run, about 45 pearled members so far.

I'm with Spekkio on this. Normally I pull of the NM's during sack pulls using stun. Much easier than trying to teach a new person how to do it normally. As for the attestation mobs i pull those on my blm. ES bind the NM and run for it, have a pld run in and flash it after all the other mobs run after me, etc. As for sandy remember you can do MB early if you wish, but its best to farm down the west for the other TE's before going down to MB. Also if you plan on clearing sandy, clearing the zone before killing the MB makes a lot of pulls easier because some of the repops make a lot of the pull much harder (Also goes for windy as well). GL with your shell.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Thanks for the advice guys, very useful ^^

Too bad I scheduled Dynamis-San d'oria for USA Thanksgiving evening... lol ; ; May end up re-scheduling.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

There is another exception for sac pulling rules that I can think of, in xarc, when on thf, I /ra a stone to sac pull, hate stays locked on me. We sac pull the first time extension and with flash, the pld couldnt grab it off me. At the end of the run for kicks, I sac'd another stone for a chance at 100, and stun wouldnt grab its attention either. Idk if it's just my sucky luck or what, and I know some shells dont even sac the first xarc TE, but we do what we can :3

As for normal sacing, things you need to know is dont stand too close to where the mobs will pop, the sac person needs to survive long enough for the mob to reach camp, and the person claiming also needs to survive long enough. Don't sleep mobs in the path that the mobs will return through, and watch out for mobs that'll cast long spells, they could possibly relink the train.

Also for bastok, what was your setup like? my shell is 3 months new, with several people never doing dynamis before, although we did have more people, 30 on our very first bastok run, we actually pulled off a complete full clear. What's your strategy for pulling normal mobs? I've seen 2 methods, one where the blms and mages are seperated and the pld pulls from the slept mobs @ the blms to the melees. And the more efficient roaming tp burn style with smart sleepers. I was hesitant in trying the 2nd style since I've done the first one for so long, but it's worked well for the most part.

good way to deal with 1st te in xarc is to send a rng in, barrage, and blast the hell out of the statue. they'll die and a whm/blm can tractor and raise while you blm cook the 2nd te w/ the eyes. less time standing=more time killing.

Yea barrage or EES is the way to go with the 1st TE, saves so much time. Second TE is about the same, send in two good sam's and they can one shot eyes easy, blms take out the stone. Our goal is normally to have the 1st two TE's done 8 mins after the glass breaks. Have towers cleared 40 mins in for max farming/DL time.

Quote Originally Posted by Yabby View Post
    Yea barrage or EES is the way to go with the 1st TE, saves so much time. Second TE is about the same, send in two good sam's and they can one shot eyes easy, blms take out the stone. Our goal is normally to have the 1st two TE's done 8 mins after the glass breaks. Have towers cleared 40 mins in for max farming/DL time.
    can you clarify how you do 2nd TE? we always send a brd or whm in to diaga the eyes (so they're all up) and then thundaga3 spam from a wave of blm and the entire tower is gone. sounds like you do it very differently.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Spekkio View Post
    can you clarify how you do 2nd TE? we always send a brd or whm in to diaga the eyes (so they're all up) and then thundaga3 spam from a wave of blm and the entire tower is gone. sounds like you do it very differently.
    Not the original author, but we also do it differently. We assign 1 pld to each original eye, then a thf runs by and agros the tower. He makes sure the new pops link/begin casting on him before taking off down the hill. The 2 plds flash the eyes and the eyes are immediately killed up the hill a bit. The statue is then nuked and people move up the hill/move on before the eyes return from the sac pull. While your method works well, we normally only have 2-4 blms, so we wouldnt be able to kill in 1 -ga III wave.