+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix Cometh!

Didn't see any mention of this on the first 3 pages of the Gaming forum so:

PlayStation.Blog Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix Cometh!

It’s a great time to be a Street Fighter! It’s with great pleasure that I announce that HD Remix will arrive on the PlayStation Network real soon!
    Now you have the chance to debate which legs are more appealing, the turkey leg you’re about to have or the ones on Chun-Li.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3153/...a928e9792c.jpg

Here are the details:
    Release date: November 25, 2008 (I know, finally, right?)
    Price: You’ve heard it here first! Only $14.99!
    Trophies: Not at launch
    Online Play: Of course
    Graphics: 1080p baby
    Gameplay: Two types – Original and Rebalanced

Here are some videos that will get you hyped for the game and will make you say, “Put him in a body bag!”

But wait, there’s more! Exclusive to the PlayStation Network, fans will have the opportunity to download the Street Fighter Underground Remix Soundtrack for free!
    I was able to get a few of my favorite hip hop artists to create original songs inspired by the series. Here’s the line up: Redman, Hieroglyphics, DJ Qbert,
    DJ Toure, Zion I, Mistah F.A.B. and Oh No.

Oh yeah, we also have a “little” Street Fighter surprise coming later this holiday season. Let the speculation begin. Talk to you next week!

Hadouken!

Watch the video on the site. Great use of song or greatest use of song?
    Can't wait to play like I'm back in the 90's.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Anybody know if this problem was addressed? YouTube - NKI: Testing the CCC2 version of SSF2T for input lag

Hunch tells me that since the HD Remix is based on the Dreamcast version's codebase that there is no input delay problems but since controllers and the hardware can introduce input lag I wasn't 100% positive.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

I would imagine since its an entirely different system itll be addressed but that was certainly interesting to see

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

It was adressed. EVERYTHING was adressed with this (it was supposed to be out december of last year, for christsake) so when it hits the xbox marketplace at 4 am EST, go buy it everyone!

Always Cabrón!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lor'enzo Sasha
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Checked out the video and *ahem*
    PUT HIM IN A BODYBAG!!!

Banned.

BG Level

http://www.sirlin.net/sf

Contains change list

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Buying now, hoping the online is good. Main thing I dislike with fighters online is that input is delayed based on ping-rate.

Was really hoping they'd up the animation to Street Fighter3 standards, but at least they had a legit excuse for keeping it at exactly the same rate as the original game.

[EDIT] Liking it so far. Never really played SF2 in Turbo mode so this feels a lot better than the 'floatyness' of non-Turbo. Game looks great on 1080p although some of the visual effects like the Hadouken after-burn effect kind of takes away from the otherwise fully-traditional look of the graphics. Pretty damn good deal at $15 given how much Capcom charges for the emulated versions of SF2.

Is there a reason why they chose such an annoying sounding announcer? Some sort of injoke I'm missing regarding ones that speak with different pitches and word cut-outs?

Also, for some reason they decided to keep the HD backdrops when playing with classic sprites. Was figuring if I set everything to classic I'd get what is essentially an upscaled version of SF2, but I guess not.

Another thing I noticed and I hate to be the negative nancy, but wtf is with the slowdown in the MAIN MENU? How....do you.......let there be slowdown in the main menu of all things? Hope they patch that as something like that shouldn't be running at under even 15fps of all things.

Online is a bit buggy on my Nat3 connection also. Can't see what the opponent selects on the char select screen (I'm assuming you can since I can hear them move a cursor about), and I'm unable to join any tourneys at all. (they keep tossing me a "disconnected from PSN' message although I'm still connected to it according to the XMB). A few teething issues.

[EDIT2] Ok, online is really, *really* busted on my connection.

Bit of a colouring fault on Guile's character on his move-back animation also which bugs me, gah. Would think they'd have two-three animators check/revise the artwork to ensure everything is perfect. Character artwork isn't pristine clean either but I'm assuming that's texture compression I'm seeing in the lineart, as well as alpha dithering on the character outlines. Makes me curious as to how it'd look if it was all SVG graphics instead.
    (man, they should have hired me to analyze the graphics, I keep finding little 'faults' everywhere)

The wide-screen ingame isn't full wide-screen also which I found a bit weird. I got narrow bars on both sides here.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zumi Kasumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Downloaded it, its pretty good. Online is usually fine unless you get someone with a bad connection then its pretty laggy.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Another thing I noticed and I hate to be the negative nancy, but wtf is with the slowdown in the MAIN MENU? How....do you.......let there be slowdown in the main menu of all things?
    Welcome to Super Turbo.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Spent some time with this today and got a pretty strong reminder that I am not very good at SF2, haha. After a dozen matches online I started getting into the swing of things, but I'm gonna need a lot of practice. I can adapt to online a lot better than vs. CPU though, which is just an absolute slaughter. After about three matches in even on easy mode I find myself getting completely wrecked.

Can't see what the opponent selects on the char select screen (I'm assuming you can since I can hear them move a cursor about), and I'm unable to join any tourneys at all. (they keep tossing me a "disconnected from PSN' message although I'm still connected to it according to the XMB).
    The character selection thing is a feature, they can't see who you're picking either. Makes it so you can't just hold out for the other player to choose, and then select your character based on their weaknesses, etc.

Been getting the same disconnection messages too, but my connection to PSN has been just fine.

Online has been pretty good so far for me. It's not perfect obviously but it's good as it's gonna get imo.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

So can anyone even beat this on Medium difficulty? I keep getting frustrated and giving up around stage 6 as the AI just laughs at me.

All I did so far was beat Easy (which was still rough) and a few guys online (when it's not tossing errors at me all the time) and that's about it.

Also got bored with my camera and made a video of my ass getting kicked by Chun Li (eventually) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzapF2eT2ns

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I feel like an asshole now for leaving when the video game club at my college was about to set this up on the tv. I need to play this.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

So can anyone even beat this on Medium difficulty? I keep getting frustrated and giving up around stage 6 as the AI just laughs at me.
    It looks like the regular super turbo difficulty. The AI just makes better use of priority and punishes much more effectively than it did in hyper fighting.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

So far, the only difference I've noticed comparing easy to medium is that on easy, the AI occasionally goes into brick-stupid mode for a few seconds. This allows you to throw whatever you'd like at it for a brief window of time, and they'll sit there and take it.

Failing to recognize that this window is finite necessarily ends in getting all kinds of beaten up.

With that said, I can do pretty well on easy now, the only exception being vs. T. Hawk, who seems to be able to utterly humiliate me no matter the circumstances.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Moridam View Post
    With that said, I can do pretty well on easy now, the only exception being vs. T. Hawk, who seems to be able to utterly humiliate me no matter the circumstances.
    Glad I aint the only one. Although I'm probably at a disadvantage since I've never encountered the additional characters outside of vanilla SF2.

Heh, just had a weird glitch with Balrog where his punch sound was replaced with the announcer's "1" (in Round 1) clip........

And finally beat it on Medium after would looked like about $6 in quarters.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The real question: Which system to get this on?

What I've heard so far:

360:

Pros:
    Less bugs
    360 online tends to be of better quality

Cons:
    Fuck the 360 d-pad
    Some people don't like paying for Xbox Live

PS3:

Pros:
    Better controller
    No chance of RROD? (Pretty much a pro for any PS3 game, lol)
    Online is free, as always

Cons:
    More bugs
    PS3 online is not as good

Feel free to expand

So far, the majority of the Street Fighter community prefer playing it on the 360 over PSN. The thing is, both systems have some pretty crippling things that would prevent you from really enjoying the game. Your best bet: go with the 360 version. Reasoning: The online is fairly solid when you get someone with a great connection and while the 360 Pad is horrible, there are decent 3rd party controllers (especially the ones made by Hori) that offer a better D-Pad. Or, do what I did and buy a 360 stick. You can 13 months of Xbox Live for 40 dollars if you buy the card from Amazon.com.

Heh, just had a weird glitch with Balrog where his punch sound was replaced with the announcer's "1" (in Round 1) clip........
    That's not a glitch. That's Balrog's "Turn Around Punch" and it'll say what its level strength is when you release it. Why does it use the announcer's voice is beyond me, probably laziness.

Is there a reason why they chose such an annoying sounding announcer? Some sort of injoke I'm missing regarding ones that speak with different pitches and word cut-outs?
    It's better this announcer than the original. You don't want "Big Bird" saying Round 1.

Online is a bit buggy on my Nat3 connection also. Can't see what the opponent selects on the char select screen (I'm assuming you can since I can hear them move a cursor about), and I'm unable to join any tourneys at all. (they keep tossing me a "disconnected from PSN' message although I'm still connected to it according to the XMB). A few teething issues.
    You can't see what your opponent pick due to the Double Blind feature. Because of the nature of STHD, counter-picks play a strong part in strategy. Rather than just having people just delay their picks for last second, they just made it so that you can't see what the other opponent is picking. If you think this is a little bit too much... then well, just enjoy the game at the casual level and everything will be fine.

Anybody know if this problem was addressed? YouTube - NKI: Testing the CCC2 version of SSF2T for input lag

Hunch tells me that since the HD Remix is based on the Dreamcast version's codebase that there is no input delay problems but since controllers and the hardware can introduce input lag I wasn't 100% positive.
    From what I can understand and have played around with, the horrible frame delay that Sirlin put in CCC2 shouldn't be there, nor are there emulation problems. Though there are some instances of the music going in and out randomly, the game is fairly solid. Another interesting to note is that you can actually control your input lag for online matches. How does that work out? I'm not a networking guy so don't ask me. <.< It just works.

I got the PS3 version and the online plays very well. I can't imagine how the 360 version can be clearly better.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

So you actually need a Gold Live! membership to play online with the 360 version?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast