+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

I've waited for like 3.5 hours and its just not buffering, is there a mirror out there? I really want to watch this.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by senoska View Post
    I've waited for like 3.5 hours and its just not buffering, is there a mirror out there? I really want to watch this.
    Use the torrent site that was linked last page. Its not on the front page but was the first result for dragonball for me. Just opened the torrent 2-3 mins ago and I have 20 seeds and downloading at 200kb/sec ETA is 30 mins to finish my download

Edit: the torrent site linked on this page

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

I've always hated their gayass voices, my childhood, ruined once again!

This couldn't have come at a better time. I was feeling nostalgic about 3 weeks ago and downloaded all of DBZ and GT. I literally finished Kid Buu saga about 3 days ago, now this haha!

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Yeah. I was one of the ones who saw it at first in english, but saw it in japanese and got a better feel for it due to the whole uncutness. I personally love Goku's voice, rofl.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Talk about crazy timing, me and this girl in my english class were talking about DBZ. This made my day

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Wow, after watching that, I have to watch this series in Japanese, their voices are hilarious compared to the English ones. I only ever saw it dubbed since this show was on before I actually was really into anime. I probably didn't even know you could get anime subbed at that time.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

That was awesome. Had me laughing the whole way.

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

the FLV torrent was rly damned laggy, so I just looked it up on youtube, figure di'd post the links here, if anyone was interested
    YouTube - Dragon Ball Z The New Special 1/4 (Opening)
    YouTube - Dragon Ball Z The New Special 2/4
    YouTube - Dragon Ball Z The New Special 3/4
    YouTube - Dragon Ball Z The New Special 4/4

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

The Japanese people voicing Vegeta or Piccolo don't sound the same. Different voice actors?

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

They sounded the same to me, but the issue is that they have probably aged, or out of practice. Remember that aside from the previous DBZ games I doubt any of them were required to voice those characters again.

Wow, after watching that, I have to watch this series in Japanese, their voices are hilarious compared to the English ones. I only ever saw it dubbed since this show was on before I actually was really into anime. I probably didn't even know you could get anime subbed at that time.
    If the dubbed ones you watched didn't use any of the music used in this OVA then you'll be thoroughly surprised. A lot of us remembered the music used which set the scene very well, until the dubbed version's own music made it a bit more hyped up then it should be (although in a specific fights the music used is actually quite good and makes the fights appear more exciting than it is).

Exemption to the above statement: When Goku powers up to SSJ3 for the first time in the US version. Whoever disagrees please quote this and we will argue it out with the rest of the forums as audience.

In the JP version, especially during the Saiyan Saga; Goku - Vegeta fight, it was a very very desperate situation/attempt portrayed in the JP version (especially the music). They were really gunning for it for the win and were slowly running out of ideas. One thing that stuck out in my mind is the lines used by Goku and Krillen to tell the transformed Gohan (in Oozaru form) to kill Vegeta. I felt none of that in the dub.

Also, Tien got owned the most in that saga. Got battered, his arm chopped off, watch his best friend die, got battered again, and then passing away after using some attack of his.

Anyway, a few bits of the tracks used in this OVA portrayed it as quite serious when really it's all bit of a joke due to how strong the main characters have gotten now. But apart from the innocence and fun of the OVA, most of the music is what made us all here who posted enjoyed it even more (some tracks stopped being used after the Freeza Saga).

Also,
    Scythiroth, if you only seen the dub you'll probably swear by it. Likewise, when DBZ was first released a lot of people swear by the JP one only due to the (at the time) crap music/voices used. It's improved a lot now however, although some do swear by it. I don't have a preference, I can watch it dubbed means I don't have to rely on reading the screen.

I'm glad everyone enjoyed it. =)

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Just finished it. Where's Tien and Chiaotzu

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    Just finished it. Where's Tien and Chiaotzu
    Good point, they nearly squeezed everyone in (weren't they in the intro? I forgot now).

But at the end of the Cell Saga they did say they will never meet again (except for the "gathering party" in one of the episodes, where Goku watches these eggs hatch). Although he made a slight appearance to help Gohan later on they were never really truely seen again.

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

hmm just got done reading some of the comments on the youtube vid and it said that Tien's voice actor passed away in '06, so, out of respect, they didn't want to just replace him.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I thought that was an awesome little side story :D

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I thought it was funny even Yajirobe had a random cameo.

I first started watching the dub when it first started airing on CN back in...97? 98? All they had out was up to the first quarter of the Freezer saga or so I think. Then I went to college in 99 and a friend introduced me to the JP version where I watched every possible episode in 80k .rm format which was the only way anyone could watch them back then. It's amazing to think how far we've come since then...

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Although I began watching DBZ via the original English dub (when Goku shared the same VA as Megaman from the series) I enjoyed the Japanese dub a lot more mostly because I felt the humor in the dub couldn't be preserved as well with the English VAs especially Goku, Gohan and the interactions with Goku and Vegetta in many fights after the Saiyan Saga. I really enjoyed the raw humor in the JP version although I feel the English dub portrayed the villains a lot better with the exception of Kid Buu who I felt suffered a lot in the transition.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

The only dub I approve of is the meowmix song dubbed over Cells voice.

I was laughing pretty good in the intro song as it reminded me of the boss battle music from blue dragon. Very much a nostalgia trip as everyone else said, thanks for posting it. I enjoyed every second of it.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Yeah. The music in DBZ is definitely what got me. Now I understand this rock sort of stuff that Paul Faulkner (sp) used, and how dramatic it could be.. (like the Cell theme and all that), but the Japanese music just gave a better feeling. I don't have a problem with watching the dub though either. I'm sure they'll want to dub this, and I wouldn't mind seeing it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast