+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Black Belt
    BG Level

pretty entertaining, and quite a nostalgia trip.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    Yeah. The music in DBZ is definitely what got me. Now I understand this rock sort of stuff that Paul Faulkner (sp) used, and how dramatic it could be.. (like the Cell theme and all that), but the Japanese music just gave a better feeling. I don't have a problem with watching the dub though either. I'm sure they'll want to dub this, and I wouldn't mind seeing it.
    Yep, those buildings that the spacepod crashed through, those were empty right? It is Sunday afterall.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Rofl.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Or how about "A powerful Ki is approaching" and it turns out he's weaker than Freeza ever was. I mean yes he's an unknown energy and it is larger than normal earthlings. I don't know, I just kind of chuckled at them getting excited over someone weak showing up.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Sqwunk View Post
    Or how about "A powerful Ki is approaching" and it turns out he's weaker than Freeza ever was. I mean yes he's an unknown energy and it is larger than normal earthlings. I don't know, I just kind of chuckled at them getting excited over someone weak showing up.
    I felt it was sort of a way to parody their other "huge fights" while having a ton of fun. Plus yeah.. they were the most powerful things they've seen in about two years after Buu/Boo.

BEES OH GOD BEES
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    Yeah. The music in DBZ is definitely what got me. Now I understand this rock sort of stuff that Paul Faulkner (sp) used, and how dramatic it could be.. (like the Cell theme and all that), but the Japanese music just gave a better feeling. I don't have a problem with watching the dub though either. I'm sure they'll want to dub this, and I wouldn't mind seeing it.
    Bruce Faulconer. I still need to watch certain episodes with his music or it just doesn't feel right <_<; such as when Cpt. Ginyu swaps bodies, goku turns ssj vs frieza or when super buu is born from evil buu eating majin buu. Lots of stuff have a good feel with the jp music however.

edit:
    ginyu: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=uHrWndS5x7I
    ssj: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=hvvdlY...ext=1&index=52
    super buu: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=3b-_TCVSA18

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Wow, going back and listening to that music triggers an emotional response from me. Makes me want to literally sit down and watch the entire series again...very nostalgic. I can't imagine the Japanese music even coming close, anyone have good examples with scenes so we can do some comparing?

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Yeah, the music for Goku going SSJ trumps the JP version by a long-shot. I remember it having me all amped up like, OMFG LETS DO THIS GOKU!!!!

Edit: see Khelek's version below ;o

BEES OH GOD BEES
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

jp version of goku's ssj transformation: YouTube - Dragon Ball Z Transformations: Goku SSJ (Japanese)
    (I'm sorry but I think it's terrible compared to Faulconer's version xP)
    edit: gdi beaten by an inch

lol your version is more to the point anyway ;o Mine is like the whole episode summary.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

YouTube - Gohan SSJ2 (Japanese)

vs

YouTube - Gohan SSJ2 (English)

English Dub wins again. I can't imagine being pumped with that mellow percussive music in the background they have in the Japanese version.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Khelek View Post
    Bruce Faulconer. I still need to watch certain episodes with his music or it just doesn't feel right <_<; such as when Cpt. Ginyu swaps bodies, goku turns ssj vs frieza or when super buu is born from evil buu eating majin buu. Lots of stuff have a good feel with the jp music however.

edit:
    ginyu: YouTube - Bruce Faulconer Music - Ginyu Transformation
    ssj: YouTube - Bruce Faulconer - SSJ Transformation (music)
    super buu: YouTube - Bruce Faulconer Music - Super Buu
    Oh. I'm not arguing that Bruce Faulconer's stuff isn't good. On the contrary. I actually have a collection of all of his DBZ stuff on my other PC. I was just saying that some of the Japanese music is just as good in some points. It's give or take really between both of them. People who are this big old "JP ONRY HURKHURK" will of course say "Oh god, the dub music is butchering the original mastery!" are retarded. Falconer had some fantastic stuff. I personally like Perfect Cell's catchy theme that plays a lot during his doubhebag stage of taunting. Those scenes are really good too. Then there are Goku v. Vegeta (Earth) moments that are better for me in Japanese as a whole.

Also, on another note... the One Piece Japanese music DOES trump the shitty 4Kids dub trash music by a long shot, and anyone who argues in favor of 4Kids should be shot on the spot.

Actually, I take it back. Some of the extra music during C16's speech in Falconer's version is actually detrimental to the scene imo. It takes away from the emotion. I know music CAN be emotional, but here.. it's not all about the fancy background noise. That's just my opinion though.

SUPER EDIT!: Super Buu's music is all levels of badassery though, agreed. Absolutely love this song. Have it on Stepmania actually.

Another good one from Falconer imo: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_4e-vD...eature=related
    Gotta love Pikkon's theme.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

YouTube - DBZ Music - Cells Theme (Techno Mix)

Brings back all kinds of memories too, Cell saga was one of my favorites for sure.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Fucking loved this theme, Magus.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adrianne Lehmen
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Fuck, BRB finding somewhere to watch the beginning of Dragonball to the end of GT. >.> That music takes me back so much lol, it's not even funny.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Aerin View Post
    I still remember buying the VHS this episode was on and watching it like 50billion times lol

jesus... just rewatched it.. and man... I complain about bleach/naruto being dragged out now. I forgot how bad DBZ was. at least dbz had good music most the time.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Not sure if anyone watched any of the "Blue Water dub" of DBZ (I think it featured in Canada and UK during a period where Funimation stopped for a bit), they actually had really good fight themes to a point where it's electronic but fast paced, making some fights exciting with the Goku/Cell and Piccolo/17 fight sticking in my mind.

Unfortunately I'm unable to find any source of it on the web, including episodes. Funi's ones just literally took over and it has become forgotten.

And YES YES YES to that SSJ3 transformation in the US.

Another cool scene was when he showed it to Goten and Trunks, the quote: "Tap into that and you become a Super Saiyan(ajin) 3" was so fucking cool after he transformed to show Goten and Trunks ...

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Lightbringer

is to go even further beyond

:chills: