BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

White Mage mobs in Dynamis.

Is it normal for WHMs to resist sleep more than any other job? Every time I do Dynamis, I've noticed that WHMs resist my sleep considerably more than any other, including PLDs. This is at Enfeebling skill of 274 on Black Mage and I have had no problems sleeping any other job-types in Dynamis; it's always White Mages.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Flukes? I've never noticed it on RDM. But I like when their silence wears they silena themselves. Retards...

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukasaz View Post
    Flukes? I've never noticed it on RDM. But I like when their silence wears they silena themselves. Retards...
    I doubt it's some fluke; maybe some way that WHMs were programmed in the past that they no longer are? This has been a consistent thing over my 2+ years of doing Dynamis.

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Yeah, we've noticed this too in our runs. I'm no mage, but from what I've seen and heard resist rates are comperable to that of paladin mobs.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

WHM mobs used to Stona themselves for no reason until they patched it (it mentioned it in the patch notes).

The Silena thing I think is just a bug. They check themselves and then other beastmen for enfeebles periodically when their casting timer comes up and if there is one they cast it. They were silenced, they notice this as it wears, viola! (They'll Cursna if you get them cursed with Igqira too, btw.)

As for sleeping them, I never noticed them being more difficult than other mobs. Barring the PLDs which of course have the resist trait.

Well, I've always found Mamool Ja Blusterers more annoying to sleep than any other lizard. Maybe its just White Mage mobs in general.

maybe its whm's natural Magic Defense Bonus?

I generally don't see this effect in city or BCD dynamis, but in Xarcabard I'd be foolish to say otherwise:

the whm's do resist sleep more then the other monsters (I wouldn't place them equal to plds, but close to but still below a pld mob's resist rate)

in Xarcabard I have probably (eye-ball'd I could parse it next time if people want) a near 99% accuracy with sleep on anything that isn't immune except whms (about 80%) and plds (75%) if I had to guess.

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Rasantath View Post
    But MDB doesn't affect enfeebling though... or so that's how I've always thought it went.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuko_Asura View Post
    Well, I've always found Mamool Ja Blusterers more annoying to sleep than any other lizard. Maybe its just White Mage mobs in general.
    I'm pretty sure they cast Barsleepra and Barblizzarra on themselves

Quote Originally Posted by Vail View Post
    I generally don't see this effect in city or BCD dynamis, but in Xarcabard I'd be foolish to say otherwise:

the whm's do resist sleep more then the other monsters (I wouldn't place them equal to plds, but close to but still below a pld mob's resist rate)

in Xarcabard I have probably (eye-ball'd I could parse it next time if people want) a near 99% accuracy with sleep on anything that isn't immune except whms (about 80%) and plds (75%) if I had to guess.
    Again, I don't know about the WHMs being specifically more resistant, but the mobs do get more resistant to Sleep for me as BLM overall further in past the towers.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Been doing quite a few Xarc's with LS lately and I'd have to say that as BLM the WHM's do resist sleep a lot. I notice it a lot more on the WHM's then the PLD's but that's probably because WHM's are killed last so you have to cast sleep on them more therfore would see it more.

As RDM in there they only resist it once in a while but I've found that many times they just resist my sleeps as BLM. This is only for Xarc tho, I've never had this problem in any other zone I've done as BLM.

Every day I'm wafflin'
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I don't think Barsleepra will increase the chances of something resisting Sleep, it will just make it more likely that they don't stay slept for as long. That said, I can't personally recall ever seeing a Kindred White Mage cast any Bar-spells, but I can testify to the extra resistance to Sleep. I'm thinking it's something specific to those particular WHM mobs; maybe SE fucked with their traits or something by mistake.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

could it possibly be that the whms you're fighting are in areas of increased resistance? in my experience of doing dynamis as blm, it seems that certain areas in every zone has a significant increase in resistance to sleep. for instance, the alchemist alley in bastok always likes to resist a bit, when every other mob in the zone can be slept with like 99% acc. xarcabard has it in a couple places, but one of the spots my ls frequents that i noticed increased resistance is the mobs east of the eye wall.

anyways, point being, maybe its not whm mobs but certain area mobs?

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Rasantath View Post
    I always chalked it up to this. WHM's LOVE to resist sleep like crazy. I'm not sure what it is though.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

WHMs resist enfeebs and magic damage very well. Players and mobs alike.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

I've noticed the same thing, whm's suck to sleep.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Doing Dynamis-Bastok last night as RDM I noticed the WHM resistance to sleep as well. I'm sure I can up my accuracy yet by finishing my Enfeebling merits ( 2/8 ) and procuring a Duelist's Chapeau, but I use a Pluto's and Anrin Obi already, so it's definitely a WHM mob thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pergo View Post
    ...the alchemist alley in bastok always likes to resist a bit...
    I think this is the first spot it dawned on me. Then my face dawned on the ground.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

stupid question, but did they have shell up? people tend to be lazy in dispellig buffs in dyna. i never run into resist problems unless shell is up(pld traits aside)

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
    I always chalked it up to this. WHM's LOVE to resist sleep like crazy. I'm not sure what it is though.
    I still can't say I've ever noticed it personally. Assuming it's true though, people say Blind has a caster's INT vs. target's MND check for potency/accuracy? Maybe there's something similar for Sleep?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by liggy 0 View Post
    stupid question, but did they have shell up? people tend to be lazy in dispellig buffs in dyna. i never run into resist problems unless shell is up(pld traits aside)
    I know for a fact that Hydra WHM and RDM mobs in Beaucedine do not "pop" with Shell up, as I use Dispel as a tool to kite frequently while the shell is taking care of other Hydra first. As for Vanguard mobs....I can't testify that they don't buff themselves or pop with some buffs on, as I rarely have the need/time/desire to debuff those mobs (outside of NMs).

I would chalk it up to MDB and/or high MND totals. Yes, I know sleep is an INT based spell, but honestly, outside of a resist sleep trait, what else would account for higher sleep resists on WHM mobs? I'm thinking MDB has something to do with that moreso than MND, but again, I haven't seen any definitive data on MDB and enfeebles- nor do I expect any time soon, enfeebles being they quirky way they are.