Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level

That's the only point I've ever tried to make. Is that there are real people playing this game. The importance of the game is null and void. It's not up to anyone to decide how important this game should be to these people. Just because it's a game, it doesn't make it right to stomp on someone else. That's the only moral argument I try to make. If people want to argue the morality of salvage drops, fine. That's a subjective point. But just because it's a game doesn't suddenly make it ok to walk all over whoever you want. A lot of people around here seem to think they can do whatever they want and it doesn't matter who they hurt along the way.

It's true that there's no physical and perhaps not even any mental repercussions for acting like a complete dick, but does that really make it ok to treat other people like shit when you maybe wouldn't do it in real life, nor want people to treat you that way?

I'm not even trying to state the morality behind salvage duping, rather that real people play this game with their own opinions and no one here seems to give a shit about that fact. I gave my personal opinion a few posts back, but it has nothing to do with what I'm trying to argue here.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Ok well people do tend to play the game to their RL personas but you also have to realize they play the game to a LESSER DEGREE of their RL personas. When I talk and explain things in game, I care less about it. If I'm selling stuff or giving splits or something like that, Do I care about it? Yeah! However its to a much lesser-degree than in RL.

I find this whole situation incredibly amusing. We have a total split between the people who did it saying "back off its just a game" and the people who didn't who largely are low-time salvage-goers involved in very little to no endgame like it affects them somehow. Even if you ARE an avid salvage-goer with a ton of endgame under your belt, you're still making this way out of proportion. I don't mean that to you personally but if you followed this thread, ones like it on Allakhazam, KI, etc then you saw the n00bs who shouldn't even have voices in this since it doesn't concern them trying to compare the dupers to "rapists" "murderers" "committers of grand larsony". Those people for the majority of them have gone so past the line they ended up somewhere in China.

Sephiroth_Owa 13

We all know there's real ppl behide the chars, but it's up to the player how they treat those others. I for one I'm nice rl so I act nice, that's my choice I made not to a asshat person in these game.
    And I'm sure you're seeing other's play the game the way they want and don't care about real ppl behide the chars, they just care about what effects them and act whatever way they want to act. Kind or asshat.
    It's all how you choise to play these game anyways.
    Or weither put it this way.
    It doesn't effect my real life in no way how I treat other's on a online game so I'll act whatever way I please.
    Only thing it effects is account getting banned if you do alot of naughty things lol

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

See I'm a sarcastic semi-asshole (only women tell me this, guys think its awesome) IRL. I'm the same way in the game but I'm saying I treat everything lighter in the game. I think its pretty safe to say everyone does. If you get someone killed in the game? You apologize, raise, or w/e or laugh at them if they deserved it. If you kill someone IRL... you probably aren't going to see the world again.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Hapernack I don't think you understand what Cow_K is trying to say express. His argument is that even though FFXI is a game, the players whom you cooperate and interact with are real. In order to maintain a certain level of respect with other players, it is necessary to compose yourself in a manner which takes into account the feelings and opinions of other players. Does this necessarily mean you have to baby players and always do as they wish? No. Simply treat them in the same manner you expect to be treated.

His most recent posts are not related to Salvage, but the general respect that each players should sustain. Leaving LSs after gaining specific pieces of equipment, leaving a party after five minutes because you received a merit, not splitting gil among BCNM members, stealing gil and gear from an LS, and other related acts are generally condoned by the "FFXI community". Are they as serious as their RL counterparts? No. However, I don't think players would enjoy a game in which such scrutiny is acceptable especially considering how much this game relies on interdependence.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

FFXI is serious rl business.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I has a firepick
    *stokes*

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I resist your hot iron!

Oh wait, apparently I don't.

Edit: This thread made it over 1000 posts in record time. Impressive, Snake.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

950 of the posts being yours.

Anyway, thread has run it's course. ITT QQing, bitching, and people who are on their high horses and MORALLY OUTRAGED over an exploit in an MMO lolz.

Closed Thread
Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51