+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 539 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Question Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kurp View Post
    I've been leveling my mage as as Frost (75), but am wondering if the recent changes to Arcane would make it better to level as that. A two minute cooldown on Evocation (glyphed) and the new Arcane Blast make it look appealing.

AoE killing with Blizzard seems like more trouble than it's worth now. The only thing I saw was a snare speed reduction in the patch notes, but mobs are breaking free all the time and killing 5 things ends up being an epic struggle for survival more often than not. I can proactively drop another circle to try and keep things controlled, but it rapes my mana and still doesn't guarantee a nicely corralled herd.

Here's my mage's armory if you want to look at my crappy gear and spec: The World of Warcraft Armory

Welcoming any suggestions! This is the third and hopefully final character I level to 80 and I want to make it as painless as possible.
    Curious about this too. I've got a mid 60's frost mage who was built towards Blizzard grinding, and was wondering what point (if any) I should respec towards arcane.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Leveling mage alt, it's low level, debating dualboxing refer a friend... but anyway.

Best spec to level as? Fire for dps? Frost for AoE? I know aoe'ing isnt till later in level but yeah, how much faster is it really? If i'm dualboxing I guess straight dps would be best so fire right?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

In BC you wanted to wait till 26 or so before frost became AoE viable. Even then, the survival rate wasn't that high. You get more tricks as you get higher up from there.

What class is the other account that you are leveling with? If he can either AoE, tank or has a pet(he/it runs around and collects mobs for you to burn down), AoE frost is fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    I know aoe'ing isnt till later in level but yeah, how much faster is it really?
    Solo I was getting about 2k+ xp(rested) per pull around level 40 pulling 4-5 mobs. I don't remember exactly how much that is at that level, maybe about 2/3 a bubble per pull. So yeah its pretty fast.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

AoEing as frost is a pain in the ass after the Blizzard change.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Leveling mage alt, it's low level, debating dualboxing refer a friend... but anyway.

Best spec to level as? Fire for dps? Frost for AoE? I know aoe'ing isnt till later in level but yeah, how much faster is it really? If i'm dualboxing I guess straight dps would be best so fire right?
    Fire seemed pretty damn fast for my mage to 70. Just load up on SP gear and feed him consumables to boost his crit. Frost just seems like a good way to solo group quests but if you're dualboxing that's never a concern.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Ravenholdt

Level a mage as what you want. I suggest Frost for PvP server. Or an AoE grind build.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

It is pvp so not a bad Idea, dualboxing would start at 32 with a warrior if i did it, or at 25 with a warlock. Either way it's pretty simple. Mage follow war, a fireball here and there to kill faster... with lock I'd control the lock, send pet in, and just dot/aoe for simplicity.

edit: lol just remembered rogue fan of knives, might as well just put the mage in SM from 20-40 and kill everything in one pull.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

edit: lol just remembered rogue fan of knives, might as well just put the mage in SM from 20-40 and kill everything in one pull.
    Strongly recommend setting graphical detail to a minimum if you're going to AOE that many mobs with fan of knives. Did a mount run on Heroic MgT the other night and the wyrm packs before Vexallus were CRUSHING my FPS every single time. Seems the spell just creates too many objects moving in too many trajectories.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

I was in mgt with a paladin friend yesterday and he experienced something similar. Just consecrate and mind sear for aoe, he claimed really bad lag, I was fine. My comp isn't anything special, spelldetail was maxed for me, probably him too. I think it may just be those mobs?

blax n gunz
    BG Level

It might not necessarily be graphics-related. DKs have been reporting performance issues with their AOE as well. It might be combat-log related, too many calculations going on at once server-side and it taking forever to come back to the player who originated it. There's a couple of threads on the official forums but I see little evidence that anybody has put two and two together on the issue.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Ravenholdt

Morbidity is causing framerate issues.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I have a beast pc, I'll be disappointed if i see the FPS drop so I'll turn it down before hand ty

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Ravenholdt

Yeah its weird, but the actual talent for the DnD boost is fubar=/ The less points you have in it the less it lags.

Quick question about Enhancement shamans, i know for the sake of windfury procs Slow/Fast for weapons, but im trying to find a decent talent tree to go with, nothing just sticks out, so any suggestions?

blax n gunz
    BG Level

For soloing/questing at 80 I went with this before switching to resto:

Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

Geared, raiding enhancement shamans want points in Static Shock, taking some away from Ancestral Knowledge. Reverberation doesn't really save you that much mana so you have more points to float around in Elemental's first two tiers as you see fit.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quick Question: Judging from how you can buy PvP gear using Emblem of Valor (Hateful Gladiator), is it safe to assume that when the new arena season comes, Hateful Gladiator will be available to purchase with Emblem of Heroism and the Emblem of Valor is for the "latest" PvP set? What'd you guys think :D

TOO MUCH MAN
    BG Level

It depends how they convert badges going from tier to tier I think. If they keep the same badges and introduce 226 gear for Valor and 213 for heroism, I think newer PvP gear will be available in place of the gear that is currently on those vendors. If they make new sets of badges I think the same sets will be on those vendors. In my opinion the former is more likely.

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

I've recently come back to WoW after a very long (read: quit july of 05) hiatus. After a bunch of leveling I'm a 54 fury war. Is switching to prot at 60 viable for solo questing and eventual tanking or is it best to stick with fury until 80 and then make the switch then?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

prot kills slowwwwwwwwwww

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

Quote Originally Posted by Ishido View Post
    It depends how they convert badges going from tier to tier I think. If they keep the same badges and introduce 226 gear for Valor and 213 for heroism, I think newer PvP gear will be available in place of the gear that is currently on those vendors. If they make new sets of badges I think the same sets will be on those vendors. In my opinion the former is more likely.
    I heard that a new set of badges will be introduced for ulduar, so that people cant turn in a shitton of heroism/valor for new gear on day 1.