Thread: Random Question Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

YOU ARE SEARED
    Dungeon Master of the House of Weave

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Slott View Post
    prot kills slowwwwwwwwwww
    But will virtually never die and can solo most quest elites. I kind of like prot now tbh

An Efficient Consumption Bundle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elyise Thierremont
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Muradin

Damnit, double post. See below.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elyise Thierremont
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Muradin

Quote Originally Posted by Norellicus View Post
    But will virtually never die and can solo most quest elites. I kind of like prot now tbh
    That is the one thing I don't like about being a Fury warrior; always having to get help for "group" quests because the "kill it before it kills you" mentality doesn't work well against elites.

I would highly recommend spec'ing a bit into Arms to get both Impale and Deep Wounds. In patch 3.0.2 they upgraded the Deep Wounds effect to stack continually if another critical hit occurs to trigger an additional Deep Wounds effect. Prior to patch 3 flurry warriors didn't get much out of it because the damage was only per every 3 seconds, but now it stacks through multiple crits and does way more damage.

Here's the PvE oriented 15/51 talent tree I'm using, based off some PvE models over at the WoWWiki - would still have 5 points left over at 80 to fill in wherever, probably improved Whirlwind.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/warrior/talents.html?tal=35200000230000000000000000000030505000550531205310 0011051000000000000000000000000000

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Slott View Post
    I heard that a new set of badges will be introduced for ulduar, so that people cant turn in a shitton of heroism/valor for new gear on day 1.
    lol damn hard choice.. don't know if I should just spend the badges or not...

but if they do say introduce a new set of badges... so I suppose the new badges will drop from the existing instance... well that sucks lol...

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cephius View Post
    I've recently come back to WoW after a very long (read: quit july of 05) hiatus. After a bunch of leveling I'm a 54 fury war. Is switching to prot at 60 viable for solo questing and eventual tanking or is it best to stick with fury until 80 and then make the switch then?
    Get 2 set of gear for your prot war.

1. tank gear
    2. fury gear with 2xone hand dps weapon.

When you kill mobs one by one, equip with fury gear in berserker stance, spam your devas mindlessly, with conclusion blow and WW whenever it up.

When you want to pull a groups of mobs or solo group quest, then just put up your tank gear :D

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

Your DPS with a shield is really good now, especially if you have mobs targeting you.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elyise Thierremont
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Muradin

With a Fury setup using Sword/Shield even in Defensive stance will put things down pretty quick with luck on a critical Revenge hit.

Speaking of Fury Warriors, I just reconfigured my Fury spec to get me Titan's Grip ASAP (I had put more into Arms earlier and not selected TG when 3.x came out). Now I'm dual-weilding 2HAxes and happy with the pretty much 30% increase in my DPS. However, without being able to get the Improved Slam talent, should I even try to bother doing a Slam Rotation or just stick to WW>BT>HS stance dance routine?

Additionally, I'm also finding that with using a TG setup my Death Knight's Anguish trinket isn't proc'ing as much as it did when I was using 2x1H weapons. I'm guessing this is just a reflection of the overall slower hit rate, even with flurries popping off?

Relic Horn
    BG Level

I dinged 80 mage and equipped a bunch of BoE stuff that ended up as this.

I'm wondering what would be the best spec to go for heroics and raids. I've played around with Rawr, but I'm new to it and may not be using it well. It suggested 53/0/18 as the build that had the highest DPS for the gear I have. The program is confusing and I'm not sure I set it up correctly.

Does that seem right to any mages out there? Or, should I just shoot for a crit buff spec instead?

YOU ARE SEARED
    Dungeon Master of the House of Weave

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

You should have Bloodsurge to provide you Slams, otherwise I wouldn't use it yeah.

As for your trinket not lighting up, if this trinket isn't PPM (it doesn't appear to be based on comments), then yeah you probably will see a frequency reduction with slower weapons.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Ravenholdt

Quote Originally Posted by Kurp View Post
    I dinged 80 mage and equipped a bunch of BoE stuff that ended up as this.

I'm wondering what would be the best spec to go for heroics and raids. I've played around with Rawr, but I'm new to it and may not be using it well. It suggested 53/0/18 as the build that had the highest DPS for the gear I have. The program is confusing and I'm not sure I set it up correctly.

Does that seem right to any mages out there? Or, should I just shoot for a crit buff spec instead?

Well, at the moment, arcane will provide you with the most benefit at your gear level because of two talents, the +15% int and 15% SD from int as well. Its a bit more complex to play with as the rotation varies on mana regen, movement, and procs. Of course now, the rotation is totally fubar since blizzard hotfixed AM > Abarr clipping. But it went along the lines of A Blast x3 > AM, Clip on 4th missile > Abarr. If you plan on arcane, go ahead and run with glyph of AB, mage armor, and evocate/mana gem, and wear mage armor. Although you might want to try a new rotation to conserve mana/maximise DPS.

Once you get more crit/sd I would suggest FFB for raid/heroics. The trash DPS is lousy, but the trash doesn't count anyway. With FFB I run LB > Scorch x2 > FFB x4> LB > FFBx5/6. Scorch/LB > Pyro on hot streak procs, depending on which needs to be refreshed.

Stuff to pick up would be the badge belt/trinket, feet from wyrmrest rep, staff from h-occulus, legs from H-HOL, Bracers from H-VH, Wand from H-AN, badge neck, and a deathchill cloak from a tailor.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

A fresh level 80 mage isn't geared to be a good raiding Arcane mage; you'll run out of mana way too fast. Stick to Fire or FFB, where your DPM is more realistically managed by your current level of gear.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

Quote Originally Posted by Maiev View Post
    lol damn hard choice.. don't know if I should just spend the badges or not...

but if they do say introduce a new set of badges... so I suppose the new badges will drop from the existing instance... well that sucks lol...
    Another thing I heard was that heroic will not be the top end difficulty for northrend dungeons and another difficulty level will be added. Emblems from that level will be shared with Ulduar. Again, just repeating things I heard in guild from a person I'd place trust in, so...

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Ravenholdt

Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    A fresh level 80 mage isn't geared to be a good raiding Arcane mage; you'll run out of mana way too fast. Stick to Fire or FFB, where your DPM is more realistically managed by your current level of gear.
    For heroics arcane is a good start, for raiding no. Neither spec has the ability to put out DPS without proper gearing, and FFB's crit rating needed to start preforming well is 30% self buffed, with around 1600+ spell power. and at worst, 14% hit. Arcane requires less hit, and will cap out against heroic bosses with minimal hit rating gear. Personally, I would start as frost, or some variant of it, grab a few of the pieces I listed, then go to town as FFB.

That said, a fresh 80 mage shouldn't be stepping into higher end heroics or naxx the first night out either.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Anyone else getting high MS tonight? 1/29

I was fine all day, now I'm sitting around 700-1000 and peaked at 6k in a BG before.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Ravenholdt

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    Anyone else getting high MS tonight? 1/29

I was fine all day, now I'm sitting around 700-1000 and peaked at 6k in a BG before.

Keep getting spike,d sitting on 80-130MS, but alot of packet loss / lag spiking to freeze the game.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I decided to forward port 3724 or whatever it is and it went away.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Ravenholdt

Anyone ever fly into WG keep and take out towers from icecrown? Seems reasonable enough, yet no one does it.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

No fly zone?

Ridill
    BG Level

going to airlift in a demolisher or?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand