+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 539 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Question Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

Quote Originally Posted by Kurp View Post
    I dinged 80 mage and equipped a bunch of BoE stuff that ended up as this.

I'm wondering what would be the best spec to go for heroics and raids. I've played around with Rawr, but I'm new to it and may not be using it well. It suggested 53/0/18 as the build that had the highest DPS for the gear I have. The program is confusing and I'm not sure I set it up correctly.

Does that seem right to any mages out there? Or, should I just shoot for a crit buff spec instead?
    Rawr is a great program, but it's really meant for top end optimizing. If you just dinged 80 and you're starting heroics and 10 man naxx now, it's not going to help as much. Every time you get a new piece of gear, it's going to change your current stats, obviously. Every time this happens, rawr is going to recalculate your optimized gear, and will tell you different things than it did previously. It's really best to just look at it as a suggestion up until you're at the point where you're fairly well geared, and you're looking to see if one piece is an upgrade over another.

For example: using arbitrary numbers that have no real meaning

Your current:
    int is 1000
    spirit 600
    crit rating 20
    spell power 1500

Lets say you get a trinket putting your spell power up to 2000 while the rest of your stats stay the same. Rawr is now going to recalculate all of your stats, and maybe will suggest items that will boost your int next. After you get an int item, it will re-optimize for a different stat or maybe back to spell power. This can make it very difficult to see what the absolute best gear is at high end.

This will drive you insane, because every time you get a piece of new gear, you're going to be looking for completely different items. If you run a 10 man naxx, and it's your first go there...you might end up with 5 or 6 new pieces which would confuse you if you looked at their ratings in rawr.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Ravenholdt

Quote Originally Posted by sb View Post
    No fly zone?
    The keep is close enough to land on the WG walls (requires epic flying), so you can walk and burn the cannons across the walltops with ranged attacks. Two groups could easily just jump in and go from there. I'm hoping to get enough people onboard with enough engineers to one-shot the relic door for shits and giggles.

Also

Quote Originally Posted by Dezzimal
    Sapper charges yo.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Korietsu View Post
    The keep is close enough to land on the WG walls (requires epic flying), so you can walk and burn the cannons across the walltops with ranged attacks. Two groups could easily just jump in and go from there. I'm hoping to get enough people onboard with enough engineers to one-shot the relic door for shits and giggles.
    Ah, I see. I haven't really bothered much with WG as I'm horde on lol-census 3A/1H ratio server. Now, I doubt it is that far out of balance, but Allies far out number horde on my server, so world PvP is often a joke at best from Horde perspective.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

What do you all think about the 16k Exotic Mount?

YOU ARE SEARED
    Dungeon Master of the House of Weave

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

The Traveler's Tundra Mammoth?

It's an excellent way for someone to be a dick in orgrimmar and completely obstruct the bank mailbox -.-

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Norellicus View Post
    The Traveler's Tundra Mammoth?

It's an excellent way for someone to be a dick in orgrimmar and completely obstruct the bank mailbox -.-
    That is why you hold onto your baby spices from the cooking daily.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Maiev View Post
    What do you all think about the 16k Exotic Mount?
    Giving raid member to have no reason/execuse for:

1. brb repair
    2. no food
    3. run out of reagents

oh yea, I bought it

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Is 16k easy to make or something now?

Also, I was thinking about starting back up with some friends to do some 3v3 mostly (thinking Deathknight/Warrior/Priest or Warlock/Warrior/Priest) but I've heard from multiple friends that literally all the end game content has been casual'd, as in you can PUG all of it. How true is this? I don't want to level to 80 to find out that end game is a bore and anybody can get the gear...

Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk View Post

Also, I was thinking about starting back up with some friends to do some 3v3 mostly (thinking Deathknight/Warrior/Priest or Warlock/Warrior/Priest) but I've heard from multiple friends that literally all the end game content has been casual'd, as in you can PUG all of it. How true is this? I don't want to level to 80 to find out that end game is a bore and anybody can get the gear...
    On any server with a decent population, it can be PuGed for sure. I've done 2-drake Sartharion PuGs even (which is needed for some ilvl 226 items). 3-drake is just epeen bragging, has no extra gear associated with it (280speed mount is nothing special).

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk View Post
    dust/essence still sells like crack cocaine on my realm, neverending demand for it as long as you're willing to sell instead of level your own personal enchanting with it. 16k really isn't that bad to earn as long as you put the time into it every day.

Of course, with 16k I'd still have a hard time buying that fucking mount. Still to hard to run out of other things I'd rather buy with that cash.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patty Fleur
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

Only reason I would buy the mount is that it's 130% for me(Not sure if pack really works, but I saw the mount get the buff earlier). The only time I'm on a normal mount is Dalaran/org though, so it's not really that useful.

Ksandra Needs To Post Tits
    BG Level

As a hunter with the mount it was worth every penny, it travels at 160% ground speed with pack according to carbonite.. :D

An Efficient Consumption Bundle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elyise Thierremont
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Muradin

Quick question about Mining regarding "Find Minerals" and the minimap: Does your altitude affect the minimap's ability to show mining nodes? It seems as though once a node is on my minimap, altitude doesn't make a difference. However, if I'm at a high altitude already - like avoiding those giant mushrooms in Zangarmarsh - would that height prevent a node from showing up on the map?

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Elesirdur View Post
    Does your altitude affect the minimap's ability to show mining nodes? It seems as though once a node is on my minimap, altitude doesn't make a difference. However, if I'm at a high altitude already - like avoiding those giant mushrooms in Zangarmarsh - would that height prevent a node from showing up on the map?
    I've found this to be the case. I always fly low looking for nodes, and I tend to fly in big curves a lot as 280% mounts move too quickly for new nodes to show up in front of you flying straight. By the time they appear they're behind you and you have to double back.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elyise Thierremont
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Muradin

Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    I've found this to be the case. I always fly low looking for nodes, and I tend to fly in big curves a lot as 280% mounts move too quickly for new nodes to show up in front of you flying straight. By the time they appear they're behind you and you have to double back.
    Cool, good to know. Now I (almost) don't feel so bad for not having the 5k to buy Artisan flying and the Epic mount.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

How much resil are people running in arenas?

I'm running 400 as rogue, but its at the sacrifice of like 200ap 3-4% crit, not to mention i lose my use trinket for 670ap for my opener. Just wondering what kind of arena ratings and how good people are doing with <400

Sandpaper Demon
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Snowman Emperor
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Cool, good to know. Now I (almost) don't feel so bad for not having the 5k to buy Artisan flying and the Epic mount.
    after flying around on my 60% farming nodes (in sholazar) versus finally being able to buy epic flying the epic is so worth it, in about an hour i can pick up 200+ ore 20~40 titanium and lots of primals without sweat, 60% i'd barely get about half of that using the same route in an hour

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elyise Thierremont
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Muradin

Oh I don't doubt that the Epic mount is the way to go, I'm just trying to find excuses that make me feel slightly less worse about being piss poor.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Oh I don't doubt that the Epic mount is the way to go, I'm just trying to find excuses that make me feel slightly less worse about being piss poor.
    There are no excuses. I picked the game up less than a year ago and I have 4 epic flying mounts at the moment. And I hardly farm, I did enough of that working on my Mandau in FFXI I'm lazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzyyyyyyyyy in WoW.

And they're spectacular!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitzy Mystfire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Couple questions. First, I'm an FFB mage, and still relatively new to the game here. Did my first raid last night, a pug 25man VoA. I didn't realize that it was going to be so short, but I did manage to rate #6 in total damage on Archavon, with 2700 dps. Is that good? Just looking to get a frame of reference here for future raids on what I can expect from myself and whether or not it would be considered as acceptable.

Second, what professions are going to benefit me the most? I'm currently herb/alch, but was looking at maybe going Enchanting/Jewelcrafting to take advantage of some of the +SP bonuses that they offer.