+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 539 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Question Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

Did you just hit 80? Do you have the correct rotation down? How geared are you/What're your stats? As FFB spec, 2700 DPS isn't good in 25 man-- however, FFB is very gear dependant. Usually you want to have at least 30% crit before buffs(before molten armor) for FFB. Obviously, you also need to be hit capped.

I can't help much more without looking at your Armory.

Edit: If your first raid was a 25man Vault, you probably aren't geared enough for FFB. If you don't have all the staple heroic/emblem gear, I would re-spec Frost and just do heroics until you're mostly heroic-geared. If you still aren't ready for FFB by then. spec Arcane and PUG raids. I'll say this, though, 2700 DPS is better than most PUGs. Especially if you're just fresh 80, lol.

And they're spectacular!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitzy Mystfire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Armory link - Maboo. It's a mix of crafted/rep/heroic Blues/Purples, and I'm pretty sure that I'm hit capped. I've been 80 for a little over a month now, and have spent the time grinding out heroics to the point where I'm pretty much capped on drops from them.

My rotation is basically LB > Scorch x2 > 3-4 FFB > LB > 4-5 FFB > LB, and reapply Scorch as needed with Pyro hotstreaks as they are available.

I just got 540 defense on paladin and I was wondering if I should shove stamina into sockets or something else. I'm a blacksmith so I get 2 free sockets to play around with. On that note, what meta gem should I be looking for? I have enough materials to make a tempered titansteel helm.

Armory if anybody needs it:
    The World of Warcraft Armory
    I know I can drop some defense, since I'll get more when I hit 80. I also know my trinkets suck bad.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

Quote Originally Posted by Mabubeezareel View Post
    Armory link - Maboo. It's a mix of crafted/rep/heroic Blues/Purples, and I'm pretty sure that I'm hit capped. I've been 80 for a little over a month now, and have spent the time grinding out heroics to the point where I'm pretty much capped on drops from them.

My rotation is basically LB > Scorch x2 > 3-4 FFB > LB > 4-5 FFB > LB, and reapply Scorch as needed with Pyro hotstreaks as they are available.
    Yeah, as I thought, you don't have the crit to properly play FFB. I would recommend trying your hand at Arcane, I think you'll get much more favorable results.

Something like: WorldofWarcraft.com -> Info -> Classes -> Mage -> Talent Calculator

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raze Azrael
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

Quote Originally Posted by Mabubeezareel View Post

Hmm like eternity said... you need more crit (although i have about as much as you). FFB is very crit dependent. I suggest getting the Molten armor and FFB glyohs if you havent already. Also... you are not hit capped. New Cap is at 17%(about 368hit iirc), you're at 16.42%, i'm sure raid buffs will make up for it but they are not always available.

other than that.. your spell rotation is what it should be. FFB can be pretty deadly once you're fully raid buffed and you get the rotation perfected.

And they're spectacular!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitzy Mystfire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Lordshin View Post
    Hmm like eternity said... you need more crit (although i have about as much as you). FFB is very crit dependent. I suggest getting the Molten armor and FFB glyohs if you havent already. Also... you are not hit capped. New Cap is at 17%(about 368hit iirc), you're at 16.42%, i'm sure raid buffs will make up for it but they are not always available.

other than that.. your spell rotation is what it should be. FFB can be pretty deadly once you're fully raid buffed and you get the rotation perfected.
    For glyphs, I have FFB, Molten Armor, and Improved Scorch, so I'm good there. I didn't realize they upped the maximum hit % to 100, so I'll have to squeeze in a bit more hit rating to get the new cap.

How high of a crit% should I be aiming for? After Molten Armor and AI, I have (I think) about 29% fire crit in that setup (at work right now so can't verify the exact number). I do have a few other crit pieces that I can swap in, but potentially at the cost of other stats.

Also, I wasn't using a Frostwyrm flask (though I've got quite a few saved up from Alchemy skilling), and am thinking about taking up some professions for their SP bonuses, giving me ~200 extra SP total while using a flask. I'm pretty sure that would result in a good boost.

I'd really rather not respec into Arcane. I've been fire-specced since I started a couple of months ago, and enjoy the playstyle. If my gear/DPS output is good enough to pass for now in my current spec, then I'm ok with that, knowing of course that there's plenty of room to upgrade as I begin to raid more.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raze Azrael
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

You should be aiming for 30%+ crit unbuffed (w/o molten armor) or at least as close as possible... i don't think you can get close to that w/o the gear from raids. I mean w/o sacrificing hit or spell power... so just focus on hit for now and you'll get more crit as you upgrade gear. 2700 dps isn't really that bad once you start to gear up in naxx, os and vault that number will go up.

I've also noticed that my DPS is a bit lower on Archavon.. not sure why that is. I'm also FFB mage if you haven't figured it out

oh yeah another thing to up your dps(or just you position in the damage charts) is to blow your cooldowns (Trink, Icy Veins, Combustion, and mirror image) after your first Scorchx2 and LB. that way you can do it later in the fight as well. Or time your Cooldowns with a shaman's Bloodlust that always helps and you'll get a significant boost in DPS.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Ravenholdt

Quote Originally Posted by Lordshin View Post

I've also noticed that my DPS is a bit lower on Archavon.. not sure why that is. I'm also FFB mage if you haven't figured it out

Archavon is a weird encounter for two things.

1) Raid comp is almost always sub par
    2) There's plenty of movement for the ranged to do.

2700 DPS is fine in arch as FFB, really most of the time you wont see real 25 man numbers pop. I pulled 3700 DPS on patch (10) as ffb with 3 pieces of naxx gear. Last time I had ran patch was with one change to my gear, and the lack of one buff, and I did 3200 DPS. That one buff I was lacking was totem of wrath, and that gives me an extra 300-500 DPS depending on the fight, which is just dumb. The other major thing is dealing with trinkets, procs, and when to pop CD's, and that can increase your DPS substantially. Always Scorch > Pyro on Hot Streak as it refreshes the debuff, and you avoid ignite munching from landing FFB/Pyro at nearly the same time, clipping a good 2k damage.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Is anyone here 1800, 1900, or 2k+ rated arena? I like you guys better than AJ for questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    Is anyone here 1800, 1900, or 2k+ rated arena? I like you guys better than AJ for questions.
    Sure, but could have asked your question without a lead-in. ;p

Sandpaper Demon
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Snowman Emperor
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Tirrock View Post
    I just got 540 defense on paladin and I was wondering if I should shove stamina into sockets or something else. I'm a blacksmith so I get 2 free sockets to play around with. On that note, what meta gem should I be looking for? I have enough materials to make a tempered titansteel helm.

Armory if anybody needs it:
    The World of Warcraft Armory
    I know I can drop some defense, since I'll get more when I hit 80. I also know my trinkets suck bad.
    just don't forget your defense will drop as you level (assuming you don't subsequently pick up the appropriate amount of defense rating)

Ksandra Needs To Post Tits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post

2.2k rated before I had to server transfer, what do you need to know?

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

How much resil is your team typically running?

TOO MUCH MAN
    BG Level

Was 2-2.1k in BC, should get back up there as soon as we all get geared again. We will all probably be wearing full resil gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Slott View Post
    Another thing I heard was that heroic will not be the top end difficulty for northrend dungeons and another difficulty level will be added. Emblems from that level will be shared with Ulduar. Again, just repeating things I heard in guild from a person I'd place trust in, so...

An "Epic" dungeon difficulty exists in the game, but no dungeons are currently configured to take advantage of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Korietsu View Post
    Anyone ever fly into WG keep and take out towers from icecrown? Seems reasonable enough, yet no one does it.
    All the time. Great way to get rank-up fast, too. You can dive in from Icecrown and hit the SW or SEmost towers on the attack and blow em away in no time, then hop down and smoke the two guns nearest them. Once you're done, it'll either hurt getting down some or you if you're magical slowfalling off the walls down towards the outer workshops. From the tower roof and on a mount, you're going a LOOOOONG way towards the nearest workshops.

The smart response on defense, BTW is to turn around and fire the guns at your own roof, which will usually deal 3-4K damage/hit to anything up there.

I've always wanted to take a few engineers in and just watch them spam saronite bombs and sapper charges on the keep's workshops until they burn.

1970 GTO
    Big block engine. he said 440 hp (though i'm not sure)
    Rust around wheel wells
    paint peeling.
    Said engine has been tuned up for selling.
    Power breaks and steering in the car.
    No working AC
    Only FM AM radio
    For sale for 8k
    Do i buy and restore it?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patty Fleur
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

Wrong random question thread

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Ishido View Post
    Was 2-2.1k in BC, should get back up there as soon as we all get geared again. We will all probably be wearing full resil gear.
    wotlk only, i was 2k+ in bc as well. I want to know what people that run 2k+ are wearing interms of resil right now.

On my rogue I'm sporting 500resil but I haven't tried arenaing since taking off PVE gear for it.

Ksandra Needs To Post Tits
    BG Level

I run with around 600~ on my hunter mixing pvp/pve and the holy paladin i played with was similar.