+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 539 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Question Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

I've never played a melee class and haven't experienced the new stats like "resilience" is there anywhere I can read up on those defense statistics and how much I need for particular classes and types of situations? Or alternatively, can anyone explain it? My highest is a level 66 that I leveled around the release of TBC so I never had to deal with that sort of thing and I've only played mages so I don't know much about the melee statistics like armor/defense/resilience, etc.

An Efficient Consumption Bundle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elyise Thierremont
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Muradin

To quote directly from WoWWiki: "Resilience is a character attribute that reduces the chance to receive critical strikes or spell critical strikes, reduces the effect of mana drain spells, reduces the damage taken from critical strikes and spell critical strikes, and reduces the damage taken from damage over time effects."

Important stat for tanks and PvP players.

YOU ARE SEARED
    Dungeon Master of the House of Weave

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Only important for tanks if they can't get to 540 Defense, but Defense rating >>>>> Resilience by a long shot.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk View Post
    I don't know much about the melee statistics like armor/defense/resilience, etc.
    The game's division between PvP and PvE is most clearly shown by the Resilience tooltip. Magic damage crit% reduction, crit damage reduction and reduction in mana/health drain and DoT effects aren't terribly useful in PvE, so resilience covers that for the sake of PvP, while not affecting pure avoidance stats like Defense, which does nothing against incoming magic damage and is intended largely to help push critical melee hits off the combat table, a very valuable asset in PvE.

2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

i'm about to start up again to play with IRL friends i think. i was thinking about doing a hunter, since that would be the fastest way to get to 55(i think? feel free to correct me.). i really wanna start a death knight though.

what class is the fastest to level?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Hunter is still the fastest to level, and it's gotten even easier since the pet update before wotlk came out. Spec BM, and use a ferocity pet like a cat, raptor, wolf, etc.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Ravenholdt

Quote Originally Posted by Vandole View Post
    i'm about to start up again to play with IRL friends i think. i was thinking about doing a hunter, since that would be the fastest way to get to 55(i think? feel free to correct me.). i really wanna start a death knight though.

what class is the fastest to level?

Hunter/Mage imo. Mage's have AoE grinding on their side, hunters have mind numbingly easy grinding. However, Hunter's have alot to deal with gold wise, so you have to be careful about that.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Mage was easy to level and AoE grinding was the shit. I'm loving warlock though, being able to run into a camp and take out 4-5 mobs at once is so sexy. I am 52 now though (8 levels in 3 days, really quick) and wondering if I should spec demonology. I see people all over the Felguard's dick but I can't believe he's really worth losing my imp Life Tap/Drain Soul and Dark Pact over.. Any warlocks got advice as far as that goes? Can I just stay speced affliction with Felhunter/Imp up to 80 or am I missing something truly awesome about the Felguard?

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Personally, I went affliction until I got to OL. Switching to demonology once you hit 60 makes it a lot easier. I just started playing again and I'm not taking my warlock to 80 so I'm not sure how lock is post 70.

2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Korietsu View Post
    Hunter/Mage imo. Mage's have AoE grinding on their side, hunters have mind numbingly easy grinding. However, Hunter's have alot to deal with gold wise, so you have to be careful about that.
    mage its way too gold intensive for me... my old character was a mage and i raped my wallet due to my wanting to do top damage as a frost mage

thinking about hunter or pally

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Headspace View Post
    Personally, I went affliction until I got to OL. Switching to demonology once you hit 60 makes it a lot easier. I just started playing again and I'm not taking my warlock to 80 so I'm not sure how lock is post 70.
    Yeah I only wonder because I dueled a Lock lvl 55 today and I was 52 but he was Demo spec and his Felguard literally raped me, I even tried to start the duel close so he couldn't intercept and stun me. That thing is fucking OP it tore me like a piece of tissue paper. Before I could even drop my 3rd dot I was dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandole View Post
    mage its way too gold intensive for me... my old character was a mage and i raped my wallet due to my wanting to do top damage as a frost mage

thinking about hunter or pally
    lol I don't think "you're doing it wrong" has ever fit more perfectly. Trying to do "top damage" as a frost mage isn't what you want to be doing, and if it's costing you money then you're doing something extremely wrong. Nothing is worth spending money on leveling up in WoW except, mounts, spells, repairs and food. And you should be making much more than enough to compensate for the cost of those things, in fact I remember my Mage spells costing a bit less than I remember my Warlock Spells costing for some reason.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Mage levelling from 70-80 is agony compared to other classes. If you want a quick toon to 55 Hunter is your best bet. The quickest character I ever got to 80 was my warlock, however.

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

lol I don't think "you're doing it wrong" has ever fit more perfectly. Trying to do "top damage" as a frost mage isn't what you want to be doing, and if it's costing you money then you're doing something extremely wrong. Nothing is worth spending money on leveling up in WoW except, mounts, spells, repairs and food. And you should be making much more than enough to compensate for the cost of those things, in fact I remember my Mage spells costing a bit less than I remember my Warlock Spells costing for some reason.
    lol, no u dont idort.

i was always #1 on the damage meters on my mage when i played, i was frost spec onry

i spent alot on gear, i bought all the blues i could lol

YOU ARE SEARED
    Dungeon Master of the House of Weave

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I remember my Mage spells costing a bit less than I remember my Warlock Spells costing for some reason.
    Rep discount factors into spell training.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Norellicus View Post
    Rep discount factors into spell training.
    That may have been it, or it may have appeared to be less since I was spending money on warlock pet abilities too, or felt I was spending more.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Druid went stupid fast for me. Cures, so you're spammed with requests to join instances constantly, and the ability to stealth up in cat form and waltz on down to the back of a cave, kill your target mob then stealth out saves a ton of time.

Sandpaper Demon
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Snowman Emperor
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I always enjoyed hacking a path to the mob before killing them, warrior/hunter/DK never really gave me any trouble with doing that either

Relic Horn
    BG Level

I thought mage 70-80 was really easy actually as both Frost and 2min Evocate Arcane. More efficient than Shadow priest anyways for casters and my gear was a lot worse as Mage.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Mages just have wayyy too much downtime for my liking. Grinding from 70-80 was easier on three other toons for me, two of them mana users. Mage is taking the longest by far.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

..Downtime? After 25 or so you shouldn't have to drink. Ever. Especially not at 68+ with 3 charge gems.