+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 539 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Question Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

Yeah then definitely. Druid is retarded strong when it comes to solo, granted you can gear it.

An Efficient Consumption Bundle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elyise Thierremont
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Muradin

Are there any Northrend factions that actually have any decent gear, item enhancements, or trinkets for DPS Warriors? I've looked through nearly all the lists of rep reward items currently offered, and nothing seems to stand out as good melee plate gear.

Anyone with knowledge about these reward items and melee classes have anything info that might help?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patty Fleur
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

Get Ebon hold up first for Head enchant, and maybe for the 2h weapon(Not sure how good it is)

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

hodir for shoulder enchants.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata
    WoW Realm
    Dethecus

The runeblades from Ebon Hold rep are pretty good for a while, titanium weapon chains can cover for the hit rating they don't have. I played prot a lot when I first hit 80 on my warrior so I'm not sure how to start for Fury, but if you have blacksmithing there's some gear that you can make that isn't too bad.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Random question!

In regards to gear swaps and such, how frequent are they in this game? Comparing to FFXI where almost every macro on a good player has a gear swap (such has swapping in haste for utsu and such) does it occur like that in this game? Are there macros and do we put equip in it? Or is it more like an offline RPG where stats are awesome and you fulltime the armors and only change gear if you know you're about to fight something that'll need the different setup?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Ravenholdt

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik View Post
    Random question!

In regards to gear swaps and such, how frequent are they in this game? Comparing to FFXI where almost every macro on a good player has a gear swap (such has swapping in haste for utsu and such) does it occur like that in this game? Are there macros and do we put equip in it? Or is it more like an offline RPG where stats are awesome and you fulltime the armors and only change gear if you know you're about to fight something that'll need the different setup?

Can't swap armor/trinkets in combat, and the only swap you can do is your mainhand weapon and offhand, which has a 1.5 second global cooldown.

Pretty much you gear for your Talent Spec, and change for different roles/events. I wish it was like FFXI, but that would be too hard for people =(. Also, swapping on use trinkets puts them on cooldown for ~30sec.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I don't think it would be too hard for people. Changing to 500 different pieces is fucking annoying and stupid.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Swapping gear is incredibly rare and situational. My rogue, for example, keeps an extra dagger around for a third poison proc should I need it for PvP or situationally for groups where it's necessary once in a while (fuck you heroic Volazj). It's definitely faster than applying that poison mid-combat then swapping back. Other than that it's too big a hit to DPS to bother with.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Ravenholdt

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    I don't think it would be too hard for people. Changing to 500 different pieces is fucking annoying and stupid.
    Your average wow player can't avoid the giant red flames on their screen, much less micro manage inventory space and gear swaps. I can seriously say, that there too many fucking tards to even have mid combat gear swapping useable.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Korietsu View Post
    Your average wow player can't avoid the giant red flames on their screen, much less micro manage inventory space and gear swaps. I can seriously say, that there too many fucking tards to even have mid combat gear swapping useable.
    Same people are in FFXI. It still happens.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Korietsu View Post
    I don't know, it was kind of nice back when you could twist out totems/librams and all it took was a macro.

I still remember when rogues could take advantage of buggy game mechanics and cast ambush with swords in their hands.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Wafik:

I took druid to 55 to access death knight, which i assume you're using as your main for the time being? When i did, i carried around a casting kit and a feral kit. I specc'd feral (specilized in feral, aka shapeshifting), but whenever i got invited to a group it was mostly for offensive spells or healing duties, so the casting kit was very useful. Healers are as rare (maybe even rarer) in WoW than they were in ffxi, so anyone with a single cure spell is needed for it, no matter what you spec into :/

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    Wafik:

I took druid to 55 to access death knight, which i assume you're using as your main for the time being? When i did, i carried around a casting kit and a feral kit. I specc'd feral (specilized in feral, aka shapeshifting), but whenever i got invited to a group it was mostly for offensive spells or healing duties, so the casting kit was very useful. Healers are as rare (maybe even rarer) in WoW than they were in ffxi, so anyone with a single cure spell is needed for it, no matter what you spec into :/
    Ooooh are you saying druid healer build is wanted? Good! My friend briefly skimmed over builds a druid can do and I always loved main healing in FFXI despite what job I was :D (even main healed on BLU)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Well yeah if you enjoy it, spec restoration and watch people drool over you like a fat bitch over a ham. People would not. leave. me. alone. being a druid. Which is great, instances are awesome exp. (anything needing a group is awesome exp really).

An Efficient Consumption Bundle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elyise Thierremont
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Muradin

I do wish I could swap gear and trinkets during combat as the situation required. If I get too many adds and want to switch to may tanking gear in addition to my sword+shield for more survivability (as a Warrior that is), I'm annoyed that I can't. Defensive Stance and switching to Sword/Shield doesn't always cut it as I can't flip into my defensive oriented gear during combat.

Ooooh are you saying druid healer build is wanted? Good! My friend briefly skimmed over builds a druid can do and I always loved main healing in FFXI despite what job I was :D (even main healed on BLU)
    My main character is a restoration druid, it's very effective and very reminiscent of red mage. And very desired, as well. I never have trouble getting into heroic dungeons or pug raids when they're forming.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    Well yeah if you enjoy it, spec restoration and watch people drool over you like a fat bitch over a ham. People would not. leave. me. alone. being a druid. Which is great, instances are awesome exp. (anything needing a group is awesome exp really).
    Leveling up you don't need to spec resto to heal instances, just a keep spellpower set around and you're fine.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Q for Aurik : Do you know if vist bought the NA or EU/AU version of the game? I was about to buy today but google tells me that if you activate an AU/EU key they lock you in to an AU/EU server list , but then again you said Vist was playing along side you, did he just download client?

thanks.

Q for Aurik : Do you know if vist bought the NA or EU/AU version of the game? I was about to buy today but google tells me that if you activate an AU/EU key they lock you in to an AU/EU server list , but then again you said Vist was playing along side you, did he just download client?

thanks.
    Vist and shue both got US versions in order to play on US servers.