Thread: Random Question Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by aurik View Post
    Vist and shue both got US versions in order to play on US servers.
    Thanks, talking to vist now, it's gonna be harder for me to get this because of my shitty ISP's download limit. And whoops my bad, I'll move these posts to the question thread

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik View Post
    Thanks, talking to vist now, it's gonna be harder for me to get this because of my shitty ISP's download limit. And whoops my bad, I'll move these posts to the question thread
    I might have read this wrong, but can you buy the EU version in stores, but not the NA one? If so, that seems odd since so many Australians are playing on NA servers.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

We pug 25man'd nax this week. Still have KT up.

I'm rogue.

If both Calamity's Grasp and Sinister drop, how do I go about being a douschebag and rolling on both? My guild is the main portion of the raid, I assume easiest thing to do is no other rogues and no Enh shamans? If both drops, roll off on CG first and then try to default the dagger? If the other rogue shows up, and both dropped, he WONT roll on the dagger if I don't roll on the Fist - but the Fist is better is it not? I don't have a webbed death but I do have access to a Hailstorm if it drops.

tldr

Fist or Dagger without a webbed death (yet).

Quote Originally Posted by Kurp View Post
    I might have read this wrong, but can you buy the EU version in stores, but not the NA one? If so, that seems odd since so many Australians are playing on NA servers.
    Australian = Oceanic = lumped in with the US/NA servers and accounts.

An Efficient Consumption Bundle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elyise Thierremont
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Muradin

How much DPS should I be looking to pump out before I start trying heroics?

Currently I do about 1.1-1.5k DPS in regular 80 dungeons, usually averaging close to 1.25k. There are still items I could get before doing Heroics, but I'm looking from some advice so I'm not that idiot who dings 80 and starts doing Heroics right away.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

I've carried people through heroics who did 1.4k. I wouldn't want all 3 dps doing this but if you have someone pushing past 2.2/2.5k they can easily make up the difference.

Most heroic 5-man bosses aren't strict DPS checks, although I'd stay away from Azjol-Nerub and Halls of Stone.

E. Body
    BG Level

I don't really know about Fury warrior specs but you could probably increase your dps by gemming for hit/expertise instead of ..armor penetration.., and replacing that haste thing on your weapon with another chain.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Ah, his armory profile is also there.

Grind dailies/champion tabard for ebon blade, kirin tor and wyrmrest. I'm seeing some simple reputation quartermaster upgrades for you in all those factions.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elyise Thierremont
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Muradin

Quote Originally Posted by aers View Post
    I don't really know about Fury warrior specs but you could probably increase your dps by gemming for hit/expertise instead of ..armor penetration.., and replacing that haste thing on your weapon with another chain.
    Cool, good suggestions. I really don't know what to think of ArP. It seems like a good thing, but I don't really know how much, if any, is worth having.

As for hit, according to my Recount stats, I'm not missing any of my abilities, and my miss rate for base melee is usually between 12 and 15%. That's not to say I can't be better.

As for the Counterweight: I'm apparently retarded and interpreted the "does not stack with similar effects" to mean that if the weapon's base stats have +Hit on it, then a Titanium Weapon Chain wouldn't increase hit. Durrrr. /facepalm

There are false prophets among us,
    who bring in damnable heresies,
    and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Ner'zhul

Hey Elesirdur, I'd strongly recommend heading over to Ej's Warrior forums and reading some of the information there. Some of the stuff you're looking for is fairly simple to find there if you search, and it has a lot of good information on what stat is stronger than other stats point for point. If you spend an hour or so reading around I think you'll improve your DPS by a lot.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elyise Thierremont
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Muradin

Quote Originally Posted by Palin View Post
    Hey Elesirdur, I'd strongly recommend heading over to Ej's Warrior forums and reading some of the information there. Some of the stuff you're looking for is fairly simple to find there if you search, and it has a lot of good information on what stat is stronger than other stats point for point. If you spend an hour or so reading around I think you'll improve your DPS by a lot.
    Wicked, thank you very much.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Haha just don't get banned asking questions they don't like :D

There are false prophets among us,
    who bring in damnable heresies,
    and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Ner'zhul

Yea just make sure you read before asking a question. The "search this forum/thread" feature they have at the toolbar is really useful.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elyise Thierremont
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Muradin

I see. Just as well that I couldn't register with the forums constantly timing me out hah.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patty Fleur
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

Anyone use a spreadsheet from EJ? Some items are higher than my current one in gear planner, but the delta is lower. Anyone know what that means?

YOU ARE SEARED
    Dungeon Master of the House of Weave

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

As for your ArP comment, it's not something that you place a quantifiable amount on your gear to be satisfied; the way the effect works now, it's fairly impotent when it comes to PvE simply because of all the debuffs your targets will have on them that already decrease armor.

Think of it more as a gravy stat than one to get to a certain level. As such you should pretty much never gem for it, particularly considering a raid environment will see much better scaling returns out of Strength and Agility gems (tossing in some Hit or Expertise where appropriate/needed).

Be careful with your Hit stacking too, I don't know exact numbers anymore but Warriors started noticing toward the middle/end of TBC that trying to minimize their miss rate far beyond the yellow cap was actually counterproductive to getting more AP in their item budgets.

Try using Rawr or other DPS calculating tools to determine whether or not you need/can use more hit effectively.

Noobta: It means item level doesn't always indicate an upgrade? <_>

Are you concerned that the spreadsheet is miscalculating? It wouldn't be the first time itemization didn't scale upward properly with item levels across the board. Tanking Druids wore an R100 necklace until like BT or something because all the other necks were just flat inferior

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patty Fleur
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

Example: 2 boots above mine on spreadsheet are -47 delta, wouldn't that mean it should be below it?

YOU ARE SEARED
    Dungeon Master of the House of Weave

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Do you mean below it in item levels or below it in the list on the sheet?

I don't know what spreadsheet you're using so if it's supposed to sort by best-to-worst, then yeah that is puzzling. You'd probably have to check with the author.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

ffff nevermind

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elyise Thierremont
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Muradin

So last night I re-gemed some of my items and upgraded my helm to a Helm of Command and was putting out like 1.7k in HoS reg - that sure made me happy.