Page 51 of 539 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Question Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

If you have nothing else to buy with badges, sure. Northrend stuff is pretty close to it, so it's up to you. Shoulders first though. Especially since they hotfixed it to include 10% xp bonus from quests.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Resin Midwater
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Along the same lines, I picked up the heirloom axe to use from Lv.1. Tips for talents as I level? I keep hearing different things about what's better to level with regarding arms/fury/prot. Some say 20-60 fury then 60+ prot, some say none of it matters, etc.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

My guild only does 10mans so my fury may suffer, last night in a pug there was a guy with 2x betrayers and it just looked sick...

So hard to decide between leveling my 68hunter, or my 35war, it really comes down to what will be the most fun for the longest in pve.

Edit: that reminds me, I have another Q.

My rogue last night after not playing it for a while absolutely shit on this 25man pug in terms of dps. My guild only does 10mans so I can't see the full potential of things I guess, and my friends guild there is a shaman that rapes his meters. What would you guys say is your #1 dps in your raids in both 10&25mans?

TOO MUCH MAN
    BG Level

Me, as feral. Rogues usually place second.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patty Fleur
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

In our 25man it's usually DK/EnhShaman/Rogue/Hunters at top. Depends on the fight really.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

I'm always at the top. ALWAYS. (unholy dk).

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Hunter imo.. because of a few main things...

1. You rape mobs+ people from a distance
    2. Your repair bills... feign death is sexy
    3. Most melee I see tend to have tunnel/ass vision (I like to call it) and they tend to... die easier then ranged because you become oblivious to your surroundings.
    4. Raid wipe!? Your ok.. you can feign
    5. Melee+void zone = bad
    6. ass vision
    7. repair bills, you could save thousands per week!

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aylin Celesse
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Hellscream

Is it me, or is Malygos a freaking drain on mana (in 10-man, anyway)? Attempted it for the first time with the guild on Monday, and I ran out of mana even after burning through Shadowfiend, Hymn of Hope, and a mana pot. Suggestions (I'm Discipline- was casting shields on people during Vortex to help with damage taken, but it's a stupid retarded drain on mana now)?

Random question; Who plays Kerpow on Gnomeragan?

Quote Originally Posted by Bardlet View Post
    Is it me, or is Malygos a freaking drain on mana (in 10-man, anyway)? Attempted it for the first time with the guild on Monday, and I ran out of mana even after burning through Shadowfiend, Hymn of Hope, and a mana pot. Suggestions (I'm Discipline- was casting shields on people during Vortex to help with damage taken, but it's a stupid retarded drain on mana now)?
    Only thing I can suggest is just to trust your fellow healer in the group to help out. Most don't really go near OOM until mid-end of phase 2.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aylin Celesse
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Hellscream

Quote Originally Posted by Arvin View Post
    Only thing I can suggest is just to trust your fellow healer in the group to help out. Most don't really go near OOM until mid-end of phase 2.
    Hmm. We must have been doing something really wrong then, as near the end of Phase 1, the 3 of us (myself, a Holy Priest, and a Resto Shammy) were almost tapped. I've never done such a mana-intensive fight before in this game, so I'm not sure if I'm totally doing something wrong or it's just the nature of the fight.

Guess I'll just try to manage my mana better next time. :<

can you throw hots in advance rather than using shields? idk if priests have decent hots though, but that's how aurik's tree got me through it on my scrub mage.

That's how druids work though...weaker direct heals, but amazing hots. I usually look at HP totals and pre-hot a few people that have low HP, in case they're out of range during the vortex.

A few things to check if you're really OOMing in phase 1:
    - how many vortex cycles are you going through?
    - make sure that anyone that can mitigate or avoid the vortex is doing so--warlocks can demonic circle, druids can barkskin, etc. People should also be willing to pop healthstones / potions at this point.
    - make sure malygos doesn't get any sparks, because that'll increase the amount of damage his random arcane spikes do, as well as breath damage.

Hmm. We must have been doing something really wrong then, as near the end of Phase 1, the 3 of us (myself, a Holy Priest, and a Resto Shammy) were almost tapped. I've never done such a mana-intensive fight before in this game, so I'm not sure if I'm totally doing something wrong or it's just the nature of the fight.

the fight can be 2 healed, i did it as Holy Pala with a good resto druid, you'd be suprised how much you get out of a restodroo in that fight. if possible try to replace your holy priest with a rdruid and have dps bunch up for chain heals on exiting vortex's.

Quote Originally Posted by aurik View Post
    - make sure that anyone that can mitigate or avoid the vortex is doing so--warlocks can demonic circle, druids can barkskin, etc. People should also be willing to pop healthstones / potions at this point.
    retard mages can iceblock too

Relic Horn
    BG Level

I'd say it's your class combination. In theory, you should be fine, but with the 3.1 mana regen nerfs, I've noticed the Priest/Shaman combo being hit the hardest. With a Paladin or Druid healing, our mana never runs too low on anything, but without either, we seem to run low on mana even on simpler fights.

All of our healers are excellent, too, it's just the combination for us.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Ravenholdt

I bet someone's missing replenishment from their raid =o.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aylin Celesse
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Hellscream

Nope Korietsu, we had 2 Survival Hunters, so replenishment was not the issue.

Well, we'd normally have a Druid healer instead of me (I pewpew as Shadow :D And do decent DPS), but she's on heavy meds in preparation for back surgery at the end of June, so we've had to make due. D:

We'll prolly have a slightly different make up the next time we go, but at least I feel a little better knowing I'm not crazy now. :3 Thanks for the tips guys, Imma take em back to the guild leader. :D

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arathor

Tell her to man up! watwhut.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Are there any prereqs for The Missing Bronzebeard - Quest - World of Warcraft ? I need to do that line of quests to finish Going After the Core - Quest - World of Warcraft quest... But uhh, The guy wont let me start it -_-