+ Reply to Thread
Page 529 of 539 FirstFirst ... 479 519 527 528 529 530 531 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Question Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post
    Question about the stables. I went almost immediately from a Level 1 to a Level 2 stables. I have the Black Claw of Seth in my inventory, and I completed the first Daily quest, which was the Young Icehoof. I don't see any quest to start training it, and I can't find any information about how to start those quests. There's nothing available in my Stables plot either, and none of the NPC seem to have any option either.
    The daily quests count as the training. You can actually go out and tame all 6 mounts at once, though you may have to log off / log back in to get the next taming quest to show up (unless they fixed it). Then you'll get a daily for each, and after you do enough dailies you'll be able to learn the mount permanently. I only have 2 finished, but I assume once you get all 6 done you'll unlock the tier 3 stables plans.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Yes, I did the re-log thing, and tamed all of them, and then the quests stopped. I suppose tomorrow, I can start on the training/fighting named mobs for the achievements/mounts.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Hi! so I've never played WoW. Ever, and I see the WoW + 5 expansions (all bu the new one anyway) for $4.99 with 30 day free trial. Seems too good to pass up to at least try. A friend wants to refer me, though and.. I'm not sure how this works.

Say I were to buy it; would the 30-day kick right in? or only once I 'activate'? and also can I be refereed by a friend and come in on a free trial?

Thanks.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

The deal ends today, btw. Also you're considered a trial account until you actually activate it.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Alderaan View Post
    The deal ends today, btw. Also you're considered a trial account until you actually activate it.
    Yes, ends at midnight, but what I mean is once I purchase it, does the 30 days start then? or only once I log in? and can I be referred to play from a friend while on that 30 days free? :< or do I need to activate via subscription and stuff?

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    Hi! so I've never played WoW. Ever, and I see the WoW + 5 expansions (all bu the new one anyway) for $4.99 with 30 day free trial. Seems too good to pass up to at least try. A friend wants to refer me, though and.. I'm not sure how this works.

Say I were to buy it; would the 30-day kick right in? or only once I 'activate'? and also can I be refereed by a friend and come in on a free trial?

Thanks.

Come to Kel Thuzad so I can be an asshole to you

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    Yes, ends at midnight, but what I mean is once I purchase it, does the 30 days start then? or only once I log in? and can I be referred to play from a friend while on that 30 days free? :< or do I need to activate via subscription and stuff?
    Once you use your CD keys on your account is when it starts

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Killed a world boss, and just got gold; is that it for the week, or do I get 'locked out' once I actually get an item?

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post
    Killed a world boss, and just got gold; is that it for the week, or do I get 'locked out' once I actually get an item?
    Thats it

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by BadKarma View Post
    Thats it
    Well, kind of sucks; it's not even a lot of gold either, but, 1/2 on my lvl 100 characters, and my main got the gloves, which is a slot I needed an upgrade in.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Any enchanters have any tips for what I should get first with my enchanting daily thing? Should I save 5 for a weapon enchant or just get 5 diff ones and start AHing things?

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Quote Originally Posted by Tricen View Post
    Any enchanters have any tips for what I should get first with my enchanting daily thing? Should I save 5 for a weapon enchant or just get 5 diff ones and start AHing things?
    I basically got all the breath of ones first then grabbed mark of the shattered hand. Just put them in the AH am hour ago and all sold on my server for 600g. Really up to you since the high end weapon enchants are hell on mats for making money I'm sticking to the lower ones.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

yeah that's what I was thinking. Buy 5 different ones and then just sell those.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Billy Bobe
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

So I have not really raided in a while and I joined my guilds run after they had downed the first two bosses of highmaul on Normal. My Calender says I am saved to Highmaul (1/7).

Can I join another Highmaul run and still loot the first two bosses or do I have to wait until next week?

you should be fine to loot iirc

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Just got my Warrior to 631 ilevel.

Hurray.

I had to run MC as a tank instead of a healer in order to do it.

Not hurray.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

You're saved per boss that you loot on Normal and Heroic. Meaning you can do every boss as many times as you like but are only eligible for loot once a week per boss.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Billy Bobe
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Oh, that's awesome, so I can clear it with a PuG then go back in with my Guild and help them clear their raid?

My guild does not raid often and probably won't clear the entire raid, so if I can clear it with a PuG that would be sweet.

Anyone know of a horde guild recruiting melee dps? Need to find something for my DK since I cant make my current guilds raid times. Can't stay logged in past 11pm EST and would like weekend group more then weekday.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I'm on a lot, but haven't seen any shouts for melee dps; it's always ranged and/or heals. This is on Turandyl