BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

68 hunter:

How should I be specced? What pet? How should he be specced?

70-80 as war, TG best for leveling still? Warrior is in full S4 and has S4+3 weapons. Whats best spec for him?

To level, beastmastery is really efficient. Your pet does the tanking and you can pull mobs nonstop. If you went any other spec it's pretty difficult to balance out your pet holding threat. BM is just really nice.

As for pet, a tenacity pet is generally good to level with. Look them up on wowhead and decide for yourself what you like.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I know BM/Tenacity, I was looking for more advice on the actual talent spec for leveling - sorry i didn't clarify I've been up all night playing poker lol.

Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft is what I found browsing the webs. Then going towards this Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

Using this as pet spec Pet Calculator - Wowhead

Glyphs being... well idk steady/serpent tempting but Viper seems pretty win.

This all seems pretty decent but some of you may have recently leveled your hunter with the 3.1 changes and may be able to add some extra input.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Looks decent, maybe get improved revive pet and +6y range from surv tree though, for future elite quests, where your pet might die, you can res it and get it tanking again without taking 1 too many hits.

Should be able to solo possibly 3man elite quests that way, depending on play style/skill too I guess!

Also getting bestial wrath glyph to reduce cooldown is very good!
    Glyph of Bestial Wrath - Item - World of Warcraft
    reducing bestial wrath from 2min to like 1min 17sec ish

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Any specific tenacity pet I should be using for fastest leveling? Since all have access to thunderstop, would I want to use Crocolisk or scropid? They seem to be the better choices from just browsing.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

I'd go with boar or bear, they're both pretty easy/cheap to feed.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patty Fleur
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    Any specific tenacity pet I should be using for fastest leveling? Since all have access to thunderstop, would I want to use Crocolisk or scropid? They seem to be the better choices from just browsing.
    I use a gorilla for soloing ZG and stuff, since it was before thunderstomp was for everyone. If I wasn't lazy I would pick up a crocolisk for it's special move, but none of that really matters for leveling. Get the glyph of mend pet at 15, lol@feeding pet.

You could also just pick a ferocity pet, they can hold hate fine too. I don't really see a reason for using a tenacity pet unless you plan on AoE grinding.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I got some more info and it seems like Croc is the way to go.

Ferocity pets do hold aggro well but the crocs ability makes it OP. You can pull 3-8mobs blow cooldowns kill them all, loot them, and Bwrath etc will be back up for the next pull. Cros puts out a lot of dps as well due to the ability.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

1 - 17/51/3 - 2H Frost -Glyphs: Frost Strike, Obliterate, Icy Touch. Gear Setup: 4pc T7 Rotation: PS > IT > BS > BS > OB dump OB > OB > OB > Dump, 3702.6 DPS

What does dump mean?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

It means to use those spaces to dump your Runic Power into Frost Strikes.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Gotcha, I parsed myself on the test dummy in Acherus. I respecced so my rotation went from IT > PS > HS > HS > OB > DC repeat, to PS > IT > BS > BS > OB > DC. So I parsed that without buffs, and then I parsed frost strike against death coil, holy shit frost strike is hot. My new respec seems a lot more promising, can't wait to use it with buffs and shit ;3.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

I love Frost so much.... I outparse DPS sometimes just due to how much I tend to crit with Killing Machine and Howling Blast/Frost Strike. On trash, I am untouchable, I am almost always in the top 5 DPS just becuse of the raw output of Howling Blast+KM. It's not uncommon for me to see 60k+ crits on Howling Blast.

YOU ARE SEARED
    Dungeon Master of the House of Weave

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

One thing I still don't grasp is really what the difference is between the three specs/trees, besides just rotational changes...Unholy has the permaghoul, Blood has...self heals, I guess? And I don't have a clue about frost.

Anybody care to elaborate?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Unholy: Best aoe damage, perma ghoul, uses scourge strike
    frost: relies heavily on shadow/frost damage, best mitigation, uses frost strike/obliterate
    blood: self heals, uses armor penetration (other spec dont), uses heart strike/obliterate

Cerberus
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Illidan

Bout to start up a cat dps. Which are the best professions? Thinking JC + LW but not 100% sure.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

Quote Originally Posted by ASG View Post
    Bout to start up a cat dps. Which are the best professions? Thinking JC + LW but not 100% sure.
    JC + BS are the "best". I did JC + Leather. Leather helps for wrist resists if ever needed, and you can craft your own epics/ulduar shit. I also heard drums may make a re-appearance in the future.

YOU ARE SEARED
    Dungeon Master of the House of Weave

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    Unholy: Best aoe damage, perma ghoul, uses scourge strike
    frost: relies heavily on shadow/frost damage, best mitigation, uses frost strike/obliterate
    blood: self heals, uses armor penetration (other spec dont), uses heart strike/obliterate
    Makes sense looking at skills and talent synergy, thanks.

On the subject of DK tanking, I can see that all three trees are fairly well equipped to do it, as they all have their own oh shit buttons plus your normal cooldowns...since we have dualspec now, if I wanted to MT raids (eventually, DK only 60) I assume that would be a heavy frost setup with the imp. frost presence/lichborne/unbreakable armor and stuff? Something like this? There's like NO current info on general tanking methods and how they differ from dps.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Illidan

Quote Originally Posted by Slott View Post
    JC + BS are the "best". I did JC + Leather. Leather helps for wrist resists if ever needed, and you can craft your own epics/ulduar shit. I also heard drums may make a re-appearance in the future.
    Thanks. Leather makes like the better + attack enchants for legs to right that only they can get? And drums coming back would be hot those were great in TBC.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Drums shouldn't be returning, blue posts have been very adamant about how they dislike them.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

On the subject of DK tanking, I can see that all three trees are fairly well equipped to do it, as they all have their own oh shit buttons plus your normal cooldowns...since we have dualspec now, if I wanted to MT raids (eventually, DK only 60) I assume that would be a heavy frost setup with the imp. frost presence/lichborne/unbreakable armor and stuff? Something like this? There's like NO current info on general tanking methods and how they differ from dps.
    My 2ndary spec is tanking, and this is what i've found: Frost is great for mitigation, but SUCKS for aoe threat. The main problem i found was most of the frost tree's abilities use up 2 runes at once, limiting how much you can put out. Howling blast is great, but they all have to be in front of you, which is a pain in the ass. I'm going to try out unholy spec in naxx tonight. Unholy blight is actually heavy damage, which equates to high threat. Plus, in unholy i get the magic mitigation with magic suppression and AMZ. Way i figure it, we're avoidance tanks anyways, we should be gearing to NOT get hit in the first place, which kind of nullifies the point of frost tanking imo.