BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    Played pretty heavily back during BC/WotLK but sold my account to a friend and quit. Looks like they added bnet accounts since then and my account got merged in with his, and with mounts, achievements, etc all tied to his account there's no point in buying it back.

Should I grind up a character to get a feel for how the game is nowadays, or jump right in with a 100 boost? I don't think I'd be a mouth breathing potato in group content, but I also don't really want to be completely lost/unable to do anything. Is there anything important that you'd need from old content to get the most out of Legion?
    If you want to experience Cataclysm, Pandaland, and Draenor, level up. If you wanna just do the new content, grab a boost. It's really really easy to play now, even compared to WoLK.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Does anyone here play Warrior? I've been reading up Wowhead and Icy-Veins guides, the game is a lot simpler than it used to be so there's something horribly wrong the way I'm doing things or WAR's DPS is bad, real bad.

I'm doing about 120k dps on single target bosses as ilvl808 Fury, While I can keep up somewhat on trash, I get absolutely destroyed on bosses by any competent player which is kinda disheartening, I've also read about Focused Rage Arms spec being OP for single target but I don't get it. it seems pretty straightforward with a little bit more micromanagement keeping up FR stacks, but I do 100k~ DPS on single target with that.

I'm completely at a loss here, any fellow warrior care to enlighten me? With Fury making you feel like you're wearing paper armor (2 mobs at once wreck you) I'm starting to feel like I wasted my boost on this class.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I've had Warriors outpacing me on meters all day actually. I know they can be very viable but I haven't the faintest clue how their shit works these days.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Icarian View Post
    Does anyone here play Warrior? I've been reading up Wowhead and Icy-Veins guides, the game is a lot simpler than it used to be so there's something horribly wrong the way I'm doing things or WAR's DPS is bad, real bad.

I'm doing about 120k dps on single target bosses as ilvl808 Fury, While I can keep up somewhat on trash, I get absolutely destroyed on bosses by any competent player which is kinda disheartening, I've also read about Focused Rage Arms spec being OP for single target but I don't get it. it seems pretty straightforward with a little bit more micromanagement keeping up FR stacks, but I do 100k~ DPS on single target with that.

I'm completely at a loss here, any fellow warrior care to enlighten me? With Fury making you feel like you're wearing paper armor (2 mobs at once wreck you) I'm starting to feel like I wasted my boost on this class.
    Arms wrecks shit.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Should I bother getting into the garrison stuff or just mess with it while leveling? is it something anyone still uses after 100 now?

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Fondue View Post
    Should I bother getting into the garrison stuff or just mess with it while leveling? is it something anyone still uses after 100 now?
    I would if you are new because it's the most efficient way to lvl crafts.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Is there some way to change the background of the quest windows or alter the font? I've googled around and found images or references to a few addons that said they could do it (Fonter, Fontain), but neither have been updated and I'm not finding a way to make them work for the quest window, just name plates, chat windows, etc. Text everywhere else is fine except for in the quest window, that papyrus background is just terrible. Maybe if I could bold the font it'd be fine.

The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

You can level followers as much or as little as you want. You can get missions that will give you XP, but if you're just rushing through then chances are you won't be able to complete many of them anyway. The followers and mission table really isn't going to affect your leveling progress at all, so while you'll have to do the initial quests just to progress through, you can basically ignore all of that as you level the rest of the way to 100.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    Played pretty heavily back during BC/WotLK but sold my account to a friend and quit. Looks like they added bnet accounts since then and my account got merged in with his, and with mounts, achievements, etc all tied to his account there's no point in buying it back.

Should I grind up a character to get a feel for how the game is nowadays, or jump right in with a 100 boost? I don't think I'd be a mouth breathing potato in group content, but I also don't really want to be completely lost/unable to do anything. Is there anything important that you'd need from old content to get the most out of Legion?
    They let you trial all jobs but DH at 100 of you're interested in seeing how they work at end game. You go through a very scripted tutorial, but are then allowed to switch specialization and content pretty flexibly. If you end up liking the decision, you're given the option to boost the trial to perm status, but you could always level someone fresh on the same class

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Is the AH just beyond fucked now? I remember back in Wrath that Auctioneer made it pretty much autopilot and after doing a number of scans over a few weeks, you had a solid idea of an items worth, scans were fast, and it filtered out the junk.

Now, I'm looking at 29 pages of Leystone with at least 20 of those pages being single postings for retarded amounts. I don't know if Auctioneer has just become much more complicated (jesus fuck it has, so many options that are over my head), but something as simple as ignore single postings doesn't seem to be a filter option no matter where I look. Scans also take fucking forever, and it rescans each time I drag something into the sell tab, even if it JUST scanned it. Is there a better addon to look for or do I just need to learn2auction? This shit feels like rocket science compared to the past.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

That's what I've seen seeing on r/wow.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I haven't had any issues. Been blasting my gems out as fast as I get them. They barely stay up more than 2-3 hours.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Is there a way to get relics besides dungeon drops/world quests? I've done about 20 heroics trying to get relics for my Arms artifact and only got one, my artifact is still sitting at ilvl 786.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

So the Irongrove flight master and everyone around it has disappeared. Logged out, reloaded, changed zones.

No dice.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Its all luck based, but right now yes. I think there are relics that can be crafted but they're hard to come across.

You'll get them from Quests and the like. My relic was at 809 before I finished my Order Hall and got a bit of luck.

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

My balance druid artifact is up to i866 now. Overall I level is 842

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

well I just got to 100 and I still didnt buy legion yet, debating on waiting for the next 14 patch- but I just got the quest to upgrade my garrison to lv3 and its 5000 gold (wtf), I've got 11k on me right now and I still didnt buy the 2 4k flying licenses yet because I dont have much money

what exactly will I gain out of an upgraded garrison? the trueiron ore and blackrocks dont make any money as is, i dont see the garden making money, my enchanting building doesnt make money
    I dont really care for professions so what else is there?

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

well I just got to 100 and I still didnt buy legion yet, debating on waiting for the next 14 patch- but I just got the quest to upgrade my garrison to lv3 and its 5000 gold (wtf), I've got 11k on me right now and I still didnt buy the 2 4k flying licenses yet because I dont have much money

what exactly will I gain out of an upgraded garrison? the trueiron ore and blackrocks dont make any money as is, i dont see the garden making money, my enchanting building doesnt make money
    I dont really care for professions so what else is there?
    Nothing really. The professions boost from dailies is nice but you're going to level all professions fairly quick in Legion anyway. They nerfed a LOT of the gold generation from Garrisons because they don't want people bothering with them anymore.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Was thinking about putting some points in secondary artifact since you don't lose like anything but I don't know if I'll ever use that spec anyway lol.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    Nothing really. The professions boost from dailies is nice but you're going to level all professions fairly quick in Legion anyway. They nerfed a LOT of the gold generation from Garrisons because they don't want people bothering with them anymore.
    thats what I figured well I made it through draenor only doing 1.5 areas so thats kinda lame, I'll never get flying here so I dont even know what the rest looks like lol meh why couldnt they unlock flying with the new xpac