+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 539 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Question Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Am I supposed to be using Howling Blast as DPS DK? Or just when there's a bunch of mobs?

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tricen View Post
    Am I supposed to be using Howling Blast as DPS DK? Or just when there's a bunch of mobs?
    It is an AoE DPS move, otherwise you should be using Oblit for single. Obviously HB when Rime procs though.

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    My 2ndary spec is tanking, and this is what i've found: Frost is great for mitigation, but SUCKS for aoe threat. The main problem i found was most of the frost tree's abilities use up 2 runes at once, limiting how much you can put out. Howling blast is great, but they all have to be in front of you, which is a pain in the ass. I'm going to try out unholy spec in naxx tonight. Unholy blight is actually heavy damage, which equates to high threat. Plus, in unholy i get the magic mitigation with magic suppression and AMZ. Way i figure it, we're avoidance tanks anyways, we should be gearing to NOT get hit in the first place, which kind of nullifies the point of frost tanking imo.
    I don't understand why people ride Unholy's dick for AoE threat. Howling Blast does sick damage and with Rime/KM procs you can easily out AoE an unholy DK. Unholy Blight, last I checked, does like 200 dmg a tic which is cool but it's hardly 'OMFG amazing' AoE damage. Also, HB isn't hard to use, not sure what you mean by the "they all have to be in front of you" bit, HB acts radially from the target, not the caster; it's not conal like a CoC. The mitigation in the Frost tree is the reason you should be using it for tanking. Unholy provides no good mitigation besides the Dodge talent which you don't need any prereqs for. Frost rules tanking, like it or not. If you're using Unholy for tanking you're simply choosing to gimp yourself as a tank, that's the way I see it. Also, Unholy lacks the good runic unload ability (Frost Strike) so you end up defaulting to Death Coil. Also, look at your last sentence, you contradict your first statement hardcore.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

I don't understand why people ride Unholy's dick for AoE threat. Howling Blast does sick damage and with Rime/KM procs you can easily out AoE an unholy DK. Unholy Blight, last I checked, does like 200 dmg a tic which is cool but it's hardly 'OMFG amazing' AoE damage. Also, HB isn't hard to use, not sure what you mean by the "they all have to be in front of you" bit. The mitigation in the Frost tree is the reason you should be using it for tanking. Unholy provides no good mitigation besides the Dodge talent which you don't need any prereqs for. Frost rules tanking, like it or not. If you're using Unholy for tanking you're simply choosing to gimp yourself as a tank, that's the way I see it. Also, Unholy lacks the good runic unload ability (Frost Strike) so you end up defaulting to Death Coil. Also, look at your last sentence, you contradict your first statement hardcore.
    First off, i'm not "riding unholy's dick" as you put it. If anything you're riding frost's dick. Blight is fantastic constant threat. You can get around 6k dmg having it up. Bone shield is a constant 20% reduction, which if you're gemming into dodge, you should have little issue keeping up almost constantly. AMZ beats anything frost can match. Wonder why DK were time and time again quoted by blizz as being OP for sarth? Hi2u magic mitigation. HB is iffy at best. You have to rely on a crit proc for it to do anything decent. I'll take the guaranteed dmg, tyvm. And runic dump? WTF do you think UB is? a rune ability? Jeez. How am i contradicting myself? I said frost is to mitigate damage you take, which is BAD FOR DK because we should be looking into avoidance. DK is an avoidance tank, plain and simple.

Simply put, UB + corpse explosion >> howling blast. Learn 2 DK.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by ASG View Post
    Bout to start up a cat dps. Which are the best professions? Thinking JC + LW but not 100% sure.
    I'd recommend enchanting/mining or enchanting/herb. Always level with gathering professions, and switch/pl for "bonuses" at 80. Enchanting might not seem gathering(and somewhat costly to level, if you don't plan and save mats on the way), but the amount you can make DE'ing useless quest greens is ^^ . It really pays it self off in the 68-80 northrend push where you will be doing some 500+ quests.

P.S. avoid skinning. As a money maker, it sucks (at least on my realm/faction).

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

If you think you can keep bone shield up even 50% of the time you're quite mistaken. I think you both could use some research on what other specs are capable of before you go nerdraging and possibly being very wrong about who has the better spec.

Blood is a better single-target tank with the larger healthpool you get by going blood.
    AE Threat is pretty easy to get as both unholy and frost. Both have access to short CD DnD which is probably enough to keep mobs off of AoErs on its own.
    Avoidance Tanking is the same "flawed" concept that it was in TBC, thats not to say avoidance is bad. You stack stamina pieces and take the avoidance where it comes alongside the stamina.
    Corpse Explosion is good damage, but its not going to save your AoErs by any means, if they die they die because they started AoEing too early or your early threat was bad and there likely isn't anything dead on the ground for you to explode at the start.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    Simply put, UB + corpse explosion >> howling blast. Learn 2 DK.
    haha, oh ok.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

Anyone on/know of a good, preferably medium/high pop, PvP Alliance server? I want to try alliance, but I need a good server first. :S

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Stormreaver
    Burning Blade

SR is more Ally dominate, BB is more Horde dominant. Depends how much you want to pvp.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Kind of a question I guess, help/advice too. I feel like I'm doing something wrong; @ lvl 16 mage I just feel like I'm leveling too slowly and only eek out of some battles with a low amount of health or mana. I've been trying to quest as much as possible because I read that that is the best way to level around this level. Pretty much what I'm doing is speccing fire for a while and spamming fireball, I keep frost armor on at all times though. Also, some of the quests take a while or seem somewhat difficult. I don't know just feels like I'm not as good at the job as I'd like to be. Plus I got totally owned in PvP by a Pally that was lower level, but I had my finger on the wrong macro >.>. Any suggestions would be nice.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

my suggestion for low level exp is do quests that are under your level , I found it much faster. For example if you're lvl17, you will probably get the lvl10 roundtrip of quests done much faster, mobs aren't as threatening, etc.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

ok, but I've done all the quests in silvermoon city and ghostlands available to me under lvl 15. other than wasting my time attempting it, can I swim around the plaguelands from ghostland to tirisfall glades? Also, anyone have a list of talents to spec in order for the next few levels, which ones to avoid and such I think I have 5 in improved fireball and 1 in fireblast and a mistake 1 in frostbolt(lvl 10 I got excited and didn't think about fire being "better" early on till I could CC better). thanks.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patty Fleur
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

Go to the big building in NW silvermoon and use the Orb of translocation. It will port you to UC. I think the guards will also tell you where it is

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Noobta View Post
    Go to the big building in NW silvermoon and use the Orb of translocation. It will port you to UC. I think the guards will also tell you where it is
    that sounds much easier than I was proposing.

Ksandra Needs To Post Tits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by FNH View Post
    ok, but I've done all the quests in silvermoon city and ghostlands available to me under lvl 15. other than wasting my time attempting it, can I swim around the plaguelands from ghostland to tirisfall glades? Also, anyone have a list of talents to spec in order for the next few levels, which ones to avoid and such I think I have 5 in improved fireball and 1 in fireblast and a mistake 1 in frostbolt(lvl 10 I got excited and didn't think about fire being "better" early on till I could CC better). thanks.

You missed a hub then. There is never not enough quests when you level in the silvermoon starting area..

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arathor

Si senor I agree, my shitastic lock alt is at lvl 19 and still has enough to easily reach 20/21.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arathor

Also mage is a glass cannon so dont expect to be unscratched after pretty much every fight sadly.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Odon View Post
    You missed a hub then. There is never not enough quests when you level in the silvermoon starting area..
    more than 87 sub 15 quests?

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by FNH View Post
    more than 87 sub 15 quests?
    Ghostlands - Quests - World of Warcraft

There is almost 60 quests alone in Ghostlands with a req. of 15 or lower without the chains.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Odon View Post
    Ghostlands - Quests - World of Warcraft

There is almost 60 quests alone in Ghostlands with a req. of 15 or lower without the chains.
    required level to start the quests are much lower than the levels recommended to solo the quest, which is the lvl 15 I was talking about. I count 32 which there are 2 I haven't flagged and 2 I haven't yet finished, one with an NM(or w/e the WoW classification is?) I'm having a tough time beating.

BG Level

but I've done all the quests in silvermoon city and ghostlands available to me under lvl 15
    You didn't say anything about soloing homie. I'm sure there are other people leveling, just form a group and knock some out..