+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 539 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 106 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Question Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

Thorim arena works as follows: There are four mob types that will jump into the arena

1: Dark Rune Champion. These are the tall vrykul that whirlwind. Use a tank to pull these out of the center, and have 2-3 range focus on these, and only these. This ensures whirlwind will not destroy all.

The rest of your arena group focus on the following:

Main Priority: Dark Rune Evokers. These should be your absolute top priority in killing in the arena. These spam a HOT on themselves and other mobs that heal for 6k per second. Take these out or you will be over run. You should have a melee with a /target dark rune evoker macro, and other melee assist that melee on the evoker. They dont hit too hard.

Dark Rune Warbringers. These hit semi hard, and should be picked up by your second arena tank. They cleave(I think?) and give a 20% haste aura. These are second priority to evokers

Dark Rune Commoners: 25k HP, spam low blow (making you hit for less, if they dont die fast enough, your tank will not gain threat any longer, due to having 20 stacks of low blow)

Mobs come in waves. Wave will be something like....

Dark Rune Warbringer jumps in
    2-3 seconds pass, Dark Rune evoker jumps in, and a dark rune champion
    4 seconds after that, about 10 commoners will jump in.

This series will continue until the tunnel group finishes the guantlet.

In short, your arena group will have one group dedicated to champions (1 tank, 2-3 range)

and an evoker/warbringer/commoner group
    (1 tank for all the mobs, melee focus down the evoker, then aoe down the commoners, Warbringers arent too much of a hassle, and will generally die in all of the aoe/spam anyway)

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

The key is to flood the gauntlet with as much as possible and just barely get by in the arena by refining the strategy for swift, efficient kills.

I can't give you the nuances of what goes on in our gauntlet as being a Paladin forever damns me into dealing with the arena but the way we do that is everyone dog piling in the center on top of me with the healers just living with the hammer debuff. Whirlwind guys are gouged to stop it so they can be tanked in with the rest and dismantled for a quick kill. Make sure you have someone to purge the shield buff off the Evokers (Enhancement Shaman is killer at this) too and you'll manage to stay ahead with minimal bodies.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Illidan

With the Recruit-a-friend system how many characters can utilize that triple exp? It says it lasts 90 days, can I get one character to 60, then another to 60 as well before that 90 days is up? Or is it restricted to that first character that is made?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patty Fleur
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

You can use it on as many characters as you want.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

You can disarm the whirlwind guys in the arena, makes whirlwind hit for nothing.

we have our dks and rogues in the arena and i normally handle the purges while i chain heal spam, and a resto druid helping on heals also

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Thanks for the replies, I'm gonna stress that we need to do more AoE strat over anything next time. We had someone doing the targetting for most deadly to least deadly but all that happened was a bunch of people looking for a target and single target killing them down while all the adds kept on piling up.

I'll make big note for shaman and disarmers too.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Anyone solo ZG mounts, or any others as a feral druid? Looks like Anzu is best to do as resto, is it feasible as bear?

I tried soloing raptor and had some trouble on him, any tips on him?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    Anyone solo ZG mounts, or any others as a feral druid? Looks like Anzu is best to do as resto, is it feasible as bear?

I tried soloing raptor and had some trouble on him, any tips on him?
    I solo/used to Attumen (Karazhan), Anzu, ZG bosses, etc. They're fucking jokes as bear spec, thanks to savage defense. I don't even bother popping cooldowns anymore. Explain where you're having trouble, and I'll offer advice. Hardest one to straight tank is Bloodlord by far, but even against him, he doesn't get me low hp at all.

also, post your armory.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

My armory is Balance gear right now.

I've only tried bloodlord, maybe I wasn't jumping off at the right times but he would get me low HP once in a while, and I just didn't have the mana pool to heal myself up fast enough. Attumen is soloable? I might have to get on that.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

is bloodlord connecting to you to hit often? I dont have to jump off and heal anymore ever since SD was put in.

Pre-SD this is what I did (With some changes i'll put in now due to SD)

Pull Bloodlord up, keep demo roar up on both, keep a 1 stack lacerate on both (at least) spam swipe/glyphed maul so you are getting SD often. On the first fear, use berserk and take out the raptor. If you get low, jump off, heal up. Regen mana through iLOTP. Do not use frenzied regen unless you are out of mana (this will serve as a large heal, and allow you to regen mana for longer, without it being lowered through shifting costs)

Alternate barkskin/trinket procs.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik View Post
    Thanks for the replies, I'm gonna stress that we need to do more AoE strat over anything next time. We had someone doing the targetting for most deadly to least deadly but all that happened was a bunch of people looking for a target and single target killing them down while all the adds kept on piling up.

I'll make big note for shaman and disarmers too.
    I would still suggest focusing evokers > warbringers. it's really a pain if evokers are left up, but the advantage melee have in the arena is that they can single target focus and still aoe at the same time, whereas casters/ranged can only aoe. The commoners we don't even consider single targeting, they just die as a side effect of aoe.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arathor

Talk me out of dropping LW for JC on my hunter. ><!

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Ravenholdt

Quote Originally Posted by Norellicus View Post
    Do this once and it'll stick, or is this a macro thing?
    Macro, but it's one click the whole time you're logged in so it's worth it. I just keep that macro on my "Quest items" bar.
    Not a macro. Permanent variable change in the camera settings file. The script only needs to be run once. Just can't play with your camera distance slider in the options afterwords or you have to run it again. Basically the script works like the mod I believe that is called smart camera.

@JC question. You never ever have to gem to meet a meta requirement again.

Coke of Vanilla
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Maelstrom

Anyone know how to adjust the size of the marker on the minimap, like quest npcs/party dots? They are now ridiculously huge after the patch today.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aylin Celesse
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Hellscream

Quote Originally Posted by brisk View Post
    Anyone know how to adjust the size of the marker on the minimap, like quest npcs/party dots? They are now ridiculously huge after the patch today.
    Okay I thought I was just going crazy when I noticed how huge they are now... good to know I'm not.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

they made them too small last patch, too big this patch.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Korietsu View Post
    Not a macro. Permanent variable change in the camera settings file. The script only needs to be run once. Just can't play with your camera distance slider in the options afterwords or you have to run it again. Basically the script works like the mod I believe that is called smart camera.
    Weird, when I use it as a macro it resets every time I'm logged out, do you type it straight into the game ?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Ravenholdt

Weird, when I use it as a macro it resets every time I'm logged out, do you type it straight into the game ?
    Yes. Open your chat box, type the script and it sticks. I've typed it once and it's stuck on my mage since wrath release. Same for my DK. You do however, have to type it once for each character, then log out. If you don't log out properly it probably won't stick.

If it doesn't stick, search curse for something called smartcamera and you can just have the addon running instead of dealing with a script each time. Also note that if you don't have the correct spacing, you may not have it activate at all, so take care to check the syntax and spacing.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Need some major mage help!

Juuust hit 80 tonight, switched from frost for leveling to FFB for heroics/raids. I read up on EJ and wowhead a bit, is

Living Bomb > Hot Streak pyroblast > (scorch refresh) > ffb

the rotation i want to use? Is the hit cap 367 with 3/3 precision? And lastly, Do i need the scorch glyph? I was going to use LB, molten armor, and frostfire as my major glyphs.

Sorry for the mass of questions, but i'm excited about the mage, and yet switching to a whole new spec i feel completely over my head lol.