FFXIV Character
    Patty Fleur
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

Prismatic gems match any color slot, so they're awesome for socket bonuses/meta.

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Thanks and would it still be worth it to level JC for the gem bonuses still.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arathor

It all boils down to what job you are really. As a hunter at the moment I get to put 3 27agi prismatic gems in my gear which gives me a bonus of 41 agility over using 2 16 agi gems and 1 8agi/12stam purple to fufil my meta requirements (and with my current gear the jc gems also fufils socket bonuses of 8agi and 6crit). After the 3.2 patch it will only give me a bonus of 33 agi over using 3 16 agi gems as I'll have to use a purple somewhere to meet my meta gem which is 1 more than leveling BS for 2 extra 16 agi gems. So assuming that they dont release gems that have 17 or more agility then JC wins, if only by 1 point, for the time being. However if they dont buff the JC gems when they release the non-unique epic quality gems then BS will be best profession. So without knowing when they are going to do that it's a gamble.

edit: wall o' text but it's early so cut me some slack plox.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

JC change is short sighted. When epic gems are released, Blacksmithing will leapfrog to where JC was if they don't preempt it.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Is Mutilate > SnD > Mutilate > Envenom > Mutilate to 4+ > Rupture all while checking for HfB app the best way to start boss fights as Assassination?

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

As long as you get HFB and SND up asap you can start any way you want.

The first envenom doesn't need to be 5pts. A lot of times I'm able to start with garrote/mute HFB>SND and mute to a 4/5 Rupture, and still get a 1-4pt envenom in before snd drops.

In 25mans that HFB can be cast instantly, sometimes before you engage. Thats priority #1, then SND, then your rotation.

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Jodwahh View Post
    It all boils down to what job you are really. As a hunter at the moment I get to put 3 27agi prismatic gems in my gear which gives me a bonus of 41 agility over using 2 16 agi gems and 1 8agi/12stam purple to fufil my meta requirements (and with my current gear the jc gems also fufils socket bonuses of 8agi and 6crit). After the 3.2 patch it will only give me a bonus of 33 agi over using 3 16 agi gems as I'll have to use a purple somewhere to meet my meta gem which is 1 more than leveling BS for 2 extra 16 agi gems. So assuming that they dont release gems that have 17 or more agility then JC wins, if only by 1 point, for the time being. However if they dont buff the JC gems when they release the non-unique epic quality gems then BS will be best profession. So without knowing when they are going to do that it's a gamble.

edit: wall o' text but it's early so cut me some slack plox.
    Yeah I was going to do JC on my DK, I guess for now, I'll just go BS/mining till they release that new patch and we find out the JC changes, I'd hate to sink a ton of gold into it and it fails horribly.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Ready to dual-spec my priest now that he's 70 and will get groups.

Question is, do I dump points into deep disc or try being holy to 5-mans on my way to 80? I'm sure I can learn both styles but since wotlk instances love to make instance bosses that splatter the whole group with AOE from Utgarde on upwards I'm leaning disc. Any advice?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

Historically Holy has been the favorite child for AoE healing, though disc is sorta competitive with it now, by different means. If you know when your group will be taking damage you can mitigate it very efficiently through the use of power word: shield. For 5 mans its entirely up to your personal preference, I prefer disc.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

I'm new to healing in general so I figure I'll start learning one spec from 70-80 then when I'm 80 abandon shadow altogether and learn the other spec for raids and practice in WG.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Don't abandon shadow. Good SP are so much harder to find than healers.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

For people that have battle.net accounts/logins:

Any of you have multiple accounts on one battle.net account? I made my sister her own Battle.net account, but after I made it I realized you could have multiple accounts merged with one battle.net... How does that work since you have an email as your login? Can both accounts still be online at the same time?

STR-1 DEX-1
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

After you hit cap, what would be some things expected of you to find a decent "endgame" guild in WoW(like in FFXI it's somewhat expected of you to have sea/sky/salvage access, and certain gearsets, as well as a job that's useful)?

Or is it pretty much quest to 80 and your golden as long as you aren't a retard?

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arathor

Pretty much that's it nowdays. In TBC attunements to raid dungeons was pretty much expected but now it's open to all.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Just what jodwahh said. I was pretty much welcomed and accepted because i wasnt an idiot and listened to advice to improve myself. What advice i would give you though, is to read through strategies for all the naxx fights. While its not required, knowing what your doing will be a huge plus to any engame guild you end up joining. Naxx is by far the most common raid youll do so focus on that one.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Secksi View Post
    After you hit cap, what would be some things expected of you to find a decent "endgame" guild in WoW(like in FFXI it's somewhat expected of you to have sea/sky/salvage access, and certain gearsets, as well as a job that's useful)?

Or is it pretty much quest to 80 and your golden as long as you aren't a retard?
    What's expected of you is that you rid yourself of nearly all your green gear and start grinding heroics/Naxx10. Guilds with any kind of recruiting standards will also want to see correctly raid-prepared talent trees/glyphs and that you have not made any awful choices in your gems/enchants.

Having a lot of heroic 5-man/Naxx10 achievements under your belt from pugs wouldn't hurt, either. This is all 'starter 80' stuff you can start doing immediately after you cap out and all falls under the general 'are you working at your class or are you waiting for a guild to shower you with loot' line most good guilds draw between invite and 'yeah, no thanks.'