FFXIV Character
    Patty Fleur
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

The name inside the account needs to be the same I think, and I'm not sure if you can change that.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    Is there any guides for setting up a two box account and having macros set up to perform actions like auto attack when the main character does? im considering leveling a rogue but its slow work grinding to 60 and with the RAF i could get there 3x as fast, so any info is appreciated
    You need programs to send your keypresses from one WoW to another, and I don't recommend dualboxing any melee character for your first time.

For your first RAF, and only 2boxing and not 3-5boxing, it'll probably be slower getting your characters to 60. It's only as fast as people think when you have experience doing so, and when you do it with several toons, and the right classes.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Resin Midwater
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Lord help me, I'm thinking of jumping in the fray (I tried it once maybe a year ago but couldn't really get into it, so I'm giving it another shot). My only MMO experience is with FFXI and I don't want to be forced to play for hours a day. Is there an equivalent to BG on the WoW side with forums that actually contain intelligent posts and debate? I thought BG had its own massive WoW forums, but I'm learning that they've scaled back to a much more casual play style. I really know nothing about WoW classes and servers and such, so I'm interested in learning as much as I can before taking the plunge.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Turalyon

Quote Originally Posted by Res View Post
    My only MMO experience is with FFXI and I don't want to be forced to play for hours a day.
    You're in for a pleasant surprise. :D

YOU ARE SEARED
    Dungeon Master of the House of Weave

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Res View Post
    Lord help me, I'm thinking of jumping in the fray (I tried it once maybe a year ago but couldn't really get into it, so I'm giving it another shot). My only MMO experience is with FFXI and I don't want to be forced to play for hours a day. Is there an equivalent to BG on the WoW side with forums that actually contain intelligent posts and debate? I thought BG had its own massive WoW forums, but I'm learning that they've scaled back to a much more casual play style. I really know nothing about WoW classes and servers and such, so I'm interested in learning as much as I can before taking the plunge.
    Elitist Jerks

Also the allakahzam WoW community is surprisingly robust, they still get their share of idiots but the class forums all have a healthy number of very sharp players.

Edit: I just noticed your bit about 'learning as much as you can before getting started'...that doesn't work so well with this game I think, it may just be my thought processes but none of the jobs besides Druid even sounded remotely interesting when I was reading a bunch of stuff before I started playing, but once I got into the game and learned some of the mechanics firsthand I started taking a liking to several of the other classes. Reading a bit to educate yourself isn't a bad idea but don't overdo it, you'll do better just playing the game and getting a swing for it; once you get familiar with how the flow of the game goes (because it's *very* different than FFXI's flow), you can go back and understand a lot of that advanced reading a lot better.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Allakhazam for wow isn't even comparable to what it is for FFXI. It's apples and oranges.

Allah for wow is more similar to BG than the one for ffxi. Mainly because the main people on Elitist Jerks also post HEAVILY on allakhazam. The big theory crafters, number crunchers, the people you will only find on BG, are all over Allah as well. They take things they learn and write on EJ and bring them back to allah and it ends up being a pretty great place to go to learn things.

allakhazam will give you alot of information on every class, how to play it, what to do and what not to do, how to level fastest and how to get into raiding... then you when you are 80 and raiding, you will probably bounce between EJ and Allah for info...

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Resin Midwater
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Thanks for the direction--from what I've heard and from what I know of myself, I'm certainly more of a theory crafter than anything else; learning modifiers and how they can be manipulated to heal better or do more damage is the kind of stuff I love.

Huh. Alla isn't a complete joke for this game? Weird.

Anyway, my question is how do people AoE level grind on paladin? I have the gear/spec down, I just can't manage to pull more than 3 or 4 monsters at once. I still have no clue just how far monsters will chase me. Some of them seem to chase me for 30 seconds, others just give up for no good reason.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Seems to me like your pulling strategy is wrong. You're not supposed to AOE grind in an area where mobs are farther than 5-8 yards apart. You're supposed to find a cluster of mobs, lay down your AOE and kill them all where they spawn.

I've just been going off of this.
    Paladin AoE grinding - WoWWiki - Your guide to the World of Warcraft
    World of Warcraft (en) Forums -> [Guide] Paladin levelling! AOE Style! Pre-TBC

I've found a few spots that are nice. Raptor nests in stranglethorn were great. 6+ easy. Goblin miners in stranglethorn were okay too, but their tendency to run away and bring help got annoying. Plus I'm out leveling them. D:

Any better guides out there for this? I'm sure there is somewhere on the internet, I just don't know where to look.

In any case, I'm glad to know it isn't because I suck at keeping monsters on me and it's just me not doing the right areas.

Edit: Oh, and I'm low 40's on paladin.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

So I'm fairly tired of my rogue, not sure if I'm going to keep playing it unless they fix a few things (and cause I don't enjoy mutilate) My guild is all close friends, about 8 of us, we wanted to run 10mans together but not sure if this is going to happen now cause we really didnt want to recruit anyone or do any merging... our main players class makeup is warrior mt, priest(holy), resto sham, druid rogue pally dps, with 2 DK's leveling prob to dps...

These are my options if I don't want to play my rogue anymore...

Level a hunter, currently level14 and I have Refer A Friend and multibox, takes about 20hours to get into the 30's, 40-50hours to get 60... 3-4days playtime to get 70.

Take over my friends warrior that is already 70. The warrior belongs to him, but originally was from an RL friend of his that quit about 6 months ago, says hes never coming back... none of us, including him, know his secret question answer - so for the time being, the character cant be transferred to a new account. I guess playing this as my main could be risky incase he ever decided to be a dick and come back and take it away from us, and we've been working on getting his driver liscense to fax to blizzard, but it's been difficult to do so.

Level the hunter? or the Warrior? As hunter im restricted to DPS, but I know i'd have fun on it cause I used to play hunter years ago... never had a 70warrior, but i've pvp'd on a friends and enjoyed that, plus I used to tank sunwell on a paladin and liked tanking, so I'd have a role as OTing for this guild and DPSing, although alot of plate wearers to compete with.

The problem is if we decide not to raid, or to merge or expand, or to all join another guild or something... I don't know which class i'd be more screwed playing lol.

How is warrior lately? Our MT rapes meters when he specs fury for heroics, so the class seems like alot of fun in both specs... and I've seen hunters do outrageous dps in blues. Anyone have experience playing both at 80? Any Ideas what I should do? What would end up more fun in the end no matter the outcome? Is it really SO risky to take over that warrior if the old owner doesnt even know his SQ/A, plus, we could always get ahold of it from him eventually I think... not to mention, 3-4days to level an alt really isn't THAT long, it's really just the last 10-20levels.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Ravenholdt

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    So I'm fairly tired of my rogue, not sure if I'm going to keep playing it unless they fix a few things (and cause I don't enjoy mutilate) My guild is all close friends, about 8 of us, we wanted to run 10mans together but not sure if this is going to happen now cause we really didnt want to recruit anyone or do any merging... our main players class makeup is warrior mt, priest(holy), resto sham, druid rogue pally dps, with 2 DK's leveling prob to dps...

These are my options if I don't want to play my rogue anymore...

Level a hunter, currently level14 and I have Refer A Friend and multibox, takes about 20hours to get into the 30's, 40-50hours to get 60... 3-4days playtime to get 70.

Take over my friends warrior that is already 70. The warrior belongs to him, but originally was from an RL friend of his that quit about 6 months ago, says hes never coming back... none of us, including him, know his secret question answer - so for the time being, the character cant be transferred to a new account. I guess playing this as my main could be risky incase he ever decided to be a dick and come back and take it away from us, and we've been working on getting his driver liscense to fax to blizzard, but it's been difficult to do so.

Level the hunter? or the Warrior? As hunter im restricted to DPS, but I know i'd have fun on it cause I used to play hunter years ago... never had a 70warrior, but i've pvp'd on a friends and enjoyed that, plus I used to tank sunwell on a paladin and liked tanking, so I'd have a role as OTing for this guild and DPSing, although alot of plate wearers to compete with.

The problem is if we decide not to raid, or to merge or expand, or to all join another guild or something... I don't know which class i'd be more screwed playing lol.

How is warrior lately? Our MT rapes meters when he specs fury for heroics, so the class seems like alot of fun in both specs... and I've seen hunters do outrageous dps in blues. Anyone have experience playing both at 80? Any Ideas what I should do? What would end up more fun in the end no matter the outcome? Is it really SO risky to take over that warrior if the old owner doesnt even know his SQ/A, plus, we could always get ahold of it from him eventually I think... not to mention, 3-4days to level an alt really isn't THAT long, it's really just the last 10-20levels.
    Probably the hunter. Although I think the nerfbat is coming their way. Generally FOTM rerolling gets punished, but hunters are pretty decent DPS, just expect a nerf soon.

Sandpaper Demon
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Snowman Emperor
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I honestly find Hunter tiresome in raids, in 5-mans if you're solo CCing it can be something interesting (although with WotLK CC is not used as much)

Warrior I find really fun, probably because I'm into PvP a lot, but tanking was good never really got to try out Fury because I swapped to DK with lich but eh. Could always level up a DK and go Frost/Unholy tank spec versus the other two which are DPS

60-70 is really not so bad anymore, the 70-80 push is definitely a bear after going from 20+ I'd think though, something tells me you'd have more fun just taking over the warrior .

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Yeah I probably would have more fun with the warrior, just seems slightly risky... but maybe it's not risky and we are overthinking it...

Going DK and tanking is interesting, everyone i know who gets on the class absolutely loves it, but there are just so many lol.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Do you have to be level 80 to do the new Darkmoon Card quests?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

everyone i know who gets on the class absolutely loves it, but there are just so many lol.
    80 DK myself, and i do love it. Yeah there's alot but i see the numbers dying down dramatically. It'll even out in another month or two. Try it out if it sounds interesting. I just hate that pallys are so overpowered and a rogue can kill you while you're stunned the whole time.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

I like DK as a whole(the spells and abilities at least), but I really hate the resource system. It basically forces you into constant cyclical rotations for any kind of pve(I know many other classes/specs are already like this, but I don't play or enjoy those). I don't really like the cooldown juggling as a tank either, seems like you have to stagger all your abilities just to keep up with the passive mitigation of other tanks, rather than being able to use them reactively.

Was looking forward to tanking as an unholy DK, but I doubt I'll even finish leveling it after trying it in some instances. I wish I rolled my warrior horde way back so I could just tank with that.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

DK is being redone into a better tank on dec. 12th's patch. So dont give up just yet. Only caveat is theyre nerfing bone armor and icebound fortitude. Dumping on 2 of our self defence abilities but making us better tanks... It's odd.

TOO MUCH MAN
    BG Level

Where is everyone getting the Dec 12th date from? I can't recall any patch coming on Friday at the moment.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Ishido View Post
    Where is everyone getting the Dec 12th date from? I can't recall any patch coming on Friday at the moment.
    No blue posts have indicated when the "next big patch will be" that will involve DK changes, hunter nerfs, and the addition of the spec/glyph/actionbar swapping.

There are always rumored dates that people throw around "oh its tuesday, oh it's next tuesday" when really, it's when blizzard decides it will be. The actual big patch that blizzard has been talking about with the big changes will probably take a little while, since they havent even put the hunter changes on ptr yet to test them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 539 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast