+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 539 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Question Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Farm a Tiger from ZG : o

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

Baron runs are piss easy with stealth, since you dont have to fight ther 493897386794386798432 6mobs on the way out. I do it as feral, and can down the baron in ~ 8 minutes, and walking out takes 2. I also try to farm anzu, but unless i respec into bear, i cant solo it, and im too cheap to do that daily

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I love my wintersaber

YOU ARE SEARED
    Dungeon Master of the House of Weave

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Mag'har/Kurenai is easy rep if you don't have a Talbuk (or 8, lol) yet, they're pretty cool lookin.

Baron is an easy stealth ya, but I fought him as a Druid in bear form, I don't know how well a Rogue would do against him...but then rogues have a lot more frontloaded damage so dunno.

ZG Raptor/Tiger would be cool, get a few people and beat down Attumen for his mount too.

An Efficient Consumption Bundle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elyise Thierremont
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Muradin

So I'm coming up on 70 really soon (first character to do so) and since I plan on going to Northrend very shortly after, but I'm wondering if it's worth it at all to buy my level 300 Riding skill for a flying mount. Given that I can't use a flying mount in Northrend until 77, it seems like a waste of gold when I don't plan to be in the Outlands all that much.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Ravenholdt

Quote Originally Posted by Elesirdur View Post
    So I'm coming up on 70 really soon (first character to do so) and since I plan on going to Northrend very shortly after, but I'm wondering if it's worth it at all to buy my level 300 Riding skill for a flying mount. Given that I can't use a flying mount in Northrend until 77, it seems like a waste of gold when I don't plan to be in the Outlands all that much.
    If you choose to skip certian zones, you can't make it past 77 without a flier, you also can't start anything in Icecrown without flying, can't finish a Sholozar Basin quest chain as well.

Personally I go Borean > Howling > DB > Sholozar/Zul'Drak (do both if you don't want to do grizzly/storm peaks/icecrown instead of ZD/SB). Finishing every quest in those zones will net you 80 if you started from 70/have a crap ton of rested XP from 68 along the way.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patty Fleur
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

They give you 60% flying mounts to use in icecrown/peaks, no?

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Noobta View Post
    They give you 60% flying mounts to use in icecrown/peaks, no?
    You can get this: Loaned Wind Rider Reins - Item - World of Warcraft
    for storm peaks.

I don't know if there's an equivalent for Icecrown, but if you're through all the quests up to icecrown and you can't afford a flying mount then you are just depressingly bad with your money.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Norellicus View Post
    Mag'har/Kurenai is easy rep if you don't have a Talbuk (or 8, lol) yet, they're pretty cool lookin.

Baron is an easy stealth ya, but I fought him as a Druid in bear form, I don't know how well a Rogue would do against him...but then rogues have a lot more frontloaded damage so dunno.

ZG Raptor/Tiger would be cool, get a few people and beat down Attumen for his mount too.
    Attumen mount is now the rarest in the game due to 7day reset of kara. Baron mount is about 1/100 drop, doable solo ofc, but as a rogue I just imagine the abom room being slow or gay or whatnot - plus I think the mount looks like a horse with a dress and is stupid. Raptor isn't possible solo I don't think, the tiger could work I guess.... I hate talbuks....

Honestly, I want my frostsaber, I love that mount. I see it the least often in town as well. It's just a bitch to get. For those that have it, I'm honored - Do I do JUST intrusions (timbermaw guys) or do I do BOTH intrustions+the meat quest? And at revered you do Giants+Intrusions right? God I am not looking forward to spending 40+hrs on this shit.

Need more cool looking mounts in the game - give me my damn mechanostrider patch!

blax n gunz
    BG Level

The Phoenix mount is the rarest currently obtainable mount in the game.

Gotta catch 'em all!

Ksandra Needs To Post Tits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    . Raptor isn't possible solo I don't think

It is as a hunter, I do it every lockout.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    The Phoenix mount is the rarest currently obtainable mount in the game.

Gotta catch 'em all!
    Think horse is slightly less drop rate tbh.

TOO MUCH MAN
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    Think horse is slightly less drop rate tbh.
    Now compare attumen kills and kael kills.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elyise Thierremont
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Muradin

As a DW Fury (but not Titan's Grip) Warrior who is mostly doing PvE grinding and the occasional instance, how much +Hit should I be looking for? I just got to Northrend today (still 70) and am finding that most of the quest reward gear has +Crit boosts compared to quite a bit of the quest gear I had from Netherstorm with a balance of +Hit and +Crit.

I know that +Hit becomes more important when I'm looking to do Heroics, but I'm not there yet. Just some general idea on how important +Hit is for more "casual" play.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

Somewhere in the neighborhood of 5-7% for leveling. Depends on what the mobs you're fighting con to you, +1-2 is about as high as you'll want to go with 7% hit. Get some expertise too, 3-5% on that.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Ishido View Post
    Now compare attumen kills and kael kills.
    Do you have a list of how many times each boss was killed?

If you go by badges as kills, phoenix is a shitload more common. The only thing that makes Kaels "rarer" is that it's more of a bitch to do then horsemen.

Still, ZG mounts are 3day reset. I'll probably go for those since I'll do them with a friend and it'll feel like it goes by quicker then the frostwolf alone.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elyise Thierremont
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Muradin

Quote Originally Posted by Dezzimal View Post
    Somewhere in the neighborhood of 5-7% for leveling. Depends on what the mobs you're fighting con to you, +1-2 is about as high as you'll want to go with 7% hit. Get some expertise too, 3-5% on that.
    Alright thanks. I've now got myself set with about +6% to hit, +3.5% expertise, and about +25% crit modifier in Battle Stance so I'm pretty happy.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

patch note on pally: Shield of Righteousness now properly shares a cooldown for both ranks.

I don't understand what this is changing from before, I'm Prot paladin but it still makes no sense, (unless there was an exploit I wasnt aware of).

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Dragonmaw

Quote Originally Posted by Koyangi View Post
    patch note on pally: Shield of Righteousness now properly shares a cooldown for both ranks.

I don't understand what this is changing from before, I'm Prot paladin but it still makes no sense, (unless there was an exploit I wasnt aware of).
    id assume instead of the usual 6 second CD, you could switch between tiers of the spell and not have to wait for the CD. but now it shares the CD so you will need to wait 6 seconds before being able to cast the lower or higher tier of the spell.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raze Azrael
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

Well i'm a Frost fire mage (armory in sig). and i'm sitting at 359 hit (16.49% w/ talents)
    Which means .51% to resist. and was wondering if i replacing all my +hit gems and enchants with spell damage/crit would be a good idea? i just see a lot of mages that advertise on trade/general/lfg that they are hit capped but does that really matter?

basically hit or spelldamage/crit? >.>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 539 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast