And they're spectacular!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitzy Mystfire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Titan

What stats should I focus on for mage gear? After hitting Northrend, I'm starting to see a lot more quest items with haste and hit rating on them. Should I stick with INT/STM/Spell Power/Crit for leveling, and keep the haste/hit rating gear for raiding?

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Unless you're on a pvp server, there's no reason to favor stam over any other stat for levelling gear as a mage.

Worth taking JC just for Prospecting?

Doing mining/skinning on my mage 'til I hit 80 and having trouble deciding whether I want to sell the ores as is or smelt them into bars.

Maybe take up JC on a mule? Though then I can't make use of the better Gems unless I xp the mule to 80 and grind Rep.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patty Fleur
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

Prospecting is nice depending how much ore you're willing to farm. Then you have to hope you get a good gem like scarlet ruby.

Sandpaper Demon
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Snowman Emperor
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Not quite 77 yet but when i get there is there a quest that I can do for cold-weather flying? and if so i've heard it requires me to have epic skill trained (which i don't on my DK D, or just any way to avoid dropping 1k on it would be nice.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patty Fleur
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

No, the quest that gave it on beta is still in the game, but they removed the reward. You have to pay the fee now.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

You should have over a thousand gold in quest rewards and vendoring unwanted bop greens by the time you hit 72. Don't blow your money on stupid crap and you'll have plenty for cold weather flying.

1k is NOTHING at 80.

Mage finally hit 20, stick to Jame's guide or AoE grind?

Looking to level quick as I can.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Do quests. In the end you make far more money and keep more of it with the reputation gains saving you on repairs/reagent costs.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Wintermute View Post
    Mage finally hit 20, stick to Jame's guide or AoE grind?

Looking to level quick as I can.
    Don't switch to frost until after 26. I don't remember specifically why... has to do with certain talents/spells not available until then.

(might have changed post 3.0)

Sandpaper Demon
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Snowman Emperor
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    You should have over a thousand gold in quest rewards and vendoring unwanted bop greens by the time you hit 72. Don't blow your money on stupid crap and you'll have plenty for cold weather flying.

1k is NOTHING at 80.
    yeah i've got a grand, but the less i have to do to get my epic flyer back the better, it won't be a huge setback but meh.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Don't pay the 5k yet for artisan flying. Word around the water cooler is blizzard is dropping the price to 2k on dec. 12th's patch.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patty Fleur
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

I doubt that, Blizzard has said multiple times that they don't plan on lowering cost until they release a new form of riding. And why lower it when it's so easy to get gold anyways?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

It would require time to farm and whatnot. I'm still pretty new at wow compared to some of you guys, but seems like blizzard really caters to the casual gamer.

Even if you're right and they dont lower it, doesn't hurt to wait the 8 days just to be safe. I can live that long without to possibly save 3k.

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

ANy tips on leveling spec for hunter, whats more benfical.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patty Fleur
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

BM

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

The marksmanship spec doesnt help at all? Keep in mind im very new to the game.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arathor

Quote Originally Posted by Noobta View Post
    BM
    What he said.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Kyo View Post
    The marksmanship spec doesnt help at all? Keep in mind im very new to the game.
    Well, ideally you start out with 5 points in marks for the crit talent, than go down the BM tree, than respec to BW at 50. After that start putting points in marks again(you can pick up 2/2 invigoration first if you want). Of coarse you can skip getting the 5% crit first and not bother with the respec if you don't care about min/maxing that much.

Deep marks isn't much worse for leveling, but your overall damage (you+pet) will be a little lower, and your pet will have a harder time holding aggro. Marks is better for world pvp if really know what you're doing, but as a new player you're probably better off killing people with your BM pet and running away and peppering in some instant cast shots, that and the big red I win button; BW. Hunter is one of the easiest (just plain the easiest really) classes to level regardless of spec thou, so if you find it more fun to play surv or marks, you're not missing out on much.

Oh, and make sure you have a ferocity pet for leveling (cat, wolf, raptor, etc.). On top of dealing more damage, they'll heal most of the damage they take with bloodthirsty, and actually generate more single target threat than a tanking pet (tenacity), through the extra damage and threat from self healing, not to mention you'll be generating less threat since you won't have to cast mend pet nearly as much.

Post 3.0, a lot of people were raving about gorillas for aoe grinding/leveling, and while it's nice 70+, it really doesn't work well without misdirect. I tried it at like 50-55ish and found the gorilla couldn't hold threat will enough for it to be practical personally.

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Yeah I heard raptor's were great pet's, so was going to use a cat till i got a raptor in the wetlands.