+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 539 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Question Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Random Question Thread

Seeing as how we've got wee threads popping up with questions all the time I figured "Why Not?" seeing how it worked so well in the FFXI section.

Firstly:
    What dailies are you guys focusing on?

Right now I'm still doing some on the Isle for Signets/Tomes to cap out Scryer fame and the Supplies for greens to DE until I'm done with Arcane Dust.

Only doing two in Dragonblight at the moment (walrus/dragon) but was wondering if any others had a nice time:reward ratio.

Secondly:
    Any good places to quest/level where you can also farm Cloth?

Hit 77.5 last night and I've done most if not all of Howling Fjord, Borean Tundra, Dragonblight, and Grizzly HIlls.

No Epic Flyer yet so I want to get the Epic flying carpet (440 Tailoring I think?) and then get the Cold Weather Flying so I want to focus on farming cloth as I quest/grind since I'm not too keen to paying through the nose for it on the AH.

Was planning on going to Zul'Drak or Sholazar Basin since I've not yet been and was wondering which you guys would recommend with regards to general questing and the amount of Humanoid/Cloth dropping mobs about.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

There are far more cloth-droppers in Zul'Drak than Sholazar. Sholazar is teeming mostly with beasts and elementals.

Best places to farm cloth are in Icecrown. There are large hubs just teeming with fast-respawning undead and humanoids, all of which drop lots of cloth.

Focus on the factions which give you the best item upgrades and helm enchants. For melee DPS this is the Ebon Blade. Tanks want Argent Crusade. Healers want Wyrmrest Accord. Caster DPS want Kirin Tor. All classes want shoulder enchants from Sons of Hodir. So focus on these factions the most. Kirin Tor is probably the most difficult of these to raise up, so reach 80, wear the tabard, and grind dungeon/dungeon dailies/cooking dailies till you're blue in the face.

Being a rogue I'm focusing on Sons/Ebon Blade/Frenzyheart rep.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Nazjatar

ive just been doing all the kalu'ak quests, about to hit exalted for my penguin pet and fishing rod

YOU ARE SEARED
    Dungeon Master of the House of Weave

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Can you remove glyphs without losing/destroying them? Being able to switch them around for respecs would be hawt...

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Turalyon

Quote Originally Posted by Norellicus View Post
    Can you remove glyphs without losing/destroying them? Being able to switch them around for respecs would be hawt...
    Nope - otherwise, they'd have much steeper prices.

YOU ARE SEARED
    Dungeon Master of the House of Weave

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

So you can replace them but it destroys the old one?

E. Body
    BG Level

Did Sons of Hodir, Ebon Blade, and Wyrmrest, while tabard repping Crusade/Kirin Tor.

Capped all 5 of those reps as of today though..so I guess I'll do Oracles and Kalu'ak?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Nazjatar

Quote Originally Posted by Norellicus View Post
    So you can replace them but it destroys the old one?
    correct, its like overwriting an enchant

Is there any real reason to pick a crafting profession over a gathering profession? I'm 210 blacksmithing on my low level paladin right now and it has been nothing but a money sink so far. Stuff I thought I could sell for money haven't sold at all (shield spikes/iron counterweight).

It hasn't been a huge loss so far, but I'm just wondering if there's armor I can craft that makes it worth it in the end or even something like the mining HP bonus trait.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patty Fleur
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

Blacksmithing gets to put sockets in gloves and bracers. Most professions have their own perks in wotlk.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Blacksmithing is not a good source of income.

Gathering professions are an excellent source of income.

Crafting professions, in general, only ever give moderate benefit to the character with the professions, and with blacksmithing that means weapons and some fairly rare BoP armor. So yes, it is an enormous money sink. Just like Engineering and Leatherworking.

Sockets might work. My highest level character is mining/skinning, so money hasn't been a huge issue. At least it wasn't until I dumped nearly 600 gold for a level 60 mount a few days back. Now I'm trying to save the 5k for a flying mount, so blacksmithing on an alt is being pushed aside at the moment.

But sockets sounds neat (to a newbie that has only been in 2 zones in the outlands at least), so I'll keep with it after I get 70+ on my main. Thanks.

Some work peeps all transfered to a brand new realm that still has free migration eligible from select realms.

Mine isn't eligible and the new realm isn't on the transfer list yet.

If I transfer to an eligible realm can I then migrate for free to the new one right away or would the 30 day transfer restriction still be in place?

Don't want to risk the paid transfer only to find I'm fucked.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arathor

Pretty sure you would be fucked but might be worth dropping an email to Blizzard asking about it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Is there a site that has a list of all factions, and rewards for rep for each? I'd like to just be able to browse all the factions then click over the possible rewards for them all.

DPS DK. I have 57 badges currently and was wondering what would be better use of badges.

The World of Warcraft Armory

Grabbing these two for 55 badges.

Mirror of Truth - Item - World of Warcraft
    Sigil of Haunted Dreams - Item - World of Warcraft

Getting the trinket + saving a bit for the dps neck.

Pendant of the Outcast Hero - Item - World of Warcraft

Or just saying fuck it all and saving to get the stupid chestguard of lost vanquisher replacing my very green body.

Heroes' Scourgeborne Battleplate - Item - World of Warcraft

Thanks in advanced.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Ravenholdt

Well, just as a neat tidbit, Molten Armor is bugged for you mages out there. Its triggering ignite again =/.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

Absolutely do NOT get Sigil of Haunted Dreams. Worst Sigil there is for Death Knight, Haste Rating does practically nothing for us. You're better off with the starter sigil.

Quote Originally Posted by EternityEnd View Post
    Absolutely do NOT get Sigil of Haunted Dreams. Worst Sigil there is for Death Knight, Haste Rating does practically nothing for us. You're better off with the starter sigil.
    90 damage to a strike that I barely use only to proc reaping and death runes or haste that effects necrosis and blood-caked strikes. Hmmm... for 15 badges that take a day to get, it's not bad.