+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 539 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Question Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

The World of Warcraft Armory

This is my armory.

I've been debating if i should use two of those swords and put agi enchants on them or use the icier barbed spear. Am I doing the right thing by sacrificing some crit for hit rating so I can actually hit the mob?

YOU ARE SEARED
    Dungeon Master of the House of Weave

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Maximizing your hit is usually best, yeah.

I wouldn't get rid of the IBS2.0 though, you may find yourself with some other hit gear/trinkets down the line that let you drop the swords and slap a Massacre on that 2h.

Yeah I definatly havent vendored it yet and probably wont.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I have a question for my fellow end game raiders, In the past I have raided all the way to SWP and got 4/6 down before 3.0, now I am in a new guild after my previous one disbanded and we are almost up to saph/KT in naxx, we dont have maly25, but everything else is on farm. I play feral druid and have the best gear up to our progression level and cant get any more upgrades until we can push more content.

My question is, should I stick with my current guild? I like the people, but the progression is really slow due to the lack of raid participation and knowlege about raiding, or should I look for something more hardcore?

YOU ARE SEARED

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

You'll have to work out your priorities re: raiding to answer that; if the people is what makes it fun then going with a serious business guild might make the whole thing miserable, but if you just like raids for the encounters/loot then it probably doesn't matter who you raid with as long as they aren't a bunch of turds. It's not like you can't keep in touch with the other folks you enjoyed playing with via flist, go with them on heroics or such.

Just comes down to what you want out of the time you spend in the game.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

It really is all up to what you want from the game. I was 4/6SW as well and raided pretty much 5days a week at least, burned me out.

Now I'm back with some friends just playing casually, all RL friends, but everyone is away at different schools. We raid maybe 2 days a week, and only do 10man naxx and maly, haven't even killed maly yet. If there is any 25mans, it's pugs we join up. So far it's some of the most fun I've had in the game period. Granted it sucks that I'm still using blue daggers and only doing 3k-3500dps, when I used to be in the best gear in the game... It has it's perks.

If you want to push further progression wise, you might need a guild that just raids more... do you want to raid MORE than you are now? If you have some of the best gear in your slots, you might be better off staying. Joining another guild might put you behind on meters, get you subbed out, etc. Whereas now, your guild probably wants you in for everything.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

What are the best enchants to put on BoA leveling items for a rogue? (Thrash Blade for the most part). Crusaders proc seems nice, the health is huge and the str is at least some AP, but I see the twinks sporting AGI for straight DPS.

YOU ARE SEARED

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Yeah I'd put Crusader on a BoA, even with the reduced effect above 60.

As a hunter my DPS seems really low. I'm getting like 1.5-1.7k in 5 man heroics. Is it just the lack of gear or am i doing it wrong?

blax n gunz
    BG Level

1.7k dps sounds about right for an 80 hunter in greens doing heroics, but then again I don't have a hunter of my own to compare against. Maybe you're not exploiting the right still-broken mechanics?

What are these broken mechanics? Not sure if i know what your referring to.

YOU ARE SEARED

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I think it's just a tongue-in-cheek reference to stuff like HaT bug and things of that sort, stuff that doesn't seem like much more than a minor issue but it's providing huge DPS boosts when exploited correctly. I don't know that there are any such things for hunters right now.

I think EJ theorycraft has managed to develop a spreadsheet for hunter DPS? Maybe you could use that to see if you're missing some major change to your method/gear that would help.

A beast pet alone can pull nearly that amount on a fight like Pwerk, it's hard to tell you what you're doing wrong without being able to see some sort of parse/damage report/etc.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Do Resto shamans want any amount of spirit on their gear? It seems the only talent to regen mana while casting is in the elemental tree, so spirit would only ever contribute to OO5SR regen, which is probably not going to be much for a group healer like shaman.

Am I right? Should I say 'yuck, spirit' on any piece of gear I pick up for my shaman's healing set?

Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    Do Resto shamans want any amount of spirit on their gear? It seems the only talent to regen mana while casting is in the elemental tree, so spirit would only ever contribute to OO5SR regen, which is probably not going to be much for a group healer like shaman.

Am I right? Should I say 'yuck, spirit' on any piece of gear I pick up for my shaman's healing set?
    Spirit is a terrible terrible stat for resto shaman.

Do not forget, however, that Replenishment (from spriest, retadin, survival hunters) is a +X% of maximum mana every second, and int affects maximum mana. Resto shaman also have a talent that gives them spellpower from int, and also generally pick up the 1st tier enh talent for +% increase to int.

Int is generally considered a very strong stat for resto shaman, because it is adding base mp, more mana per tick from replenishment, spellpower, and crit (crit gives resto shaman mana back as well via watershield).

I am just pointing this out because all of these talents work together to make int a very strong stat for shaman longevity. But yea, spirit is terrible, int is a very important stat to look at, unlike pre-wrath.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by FailureMidgard View Post
    But yea, spirit is terrible, int is a very important stat to look at, unlike pre-wrath.
    Just making sure; it's not always easy doing the math every time cloth/leather healing loot drops but if I see more spirit than other stats I can say yes/no outright. Can't wait to be 80 when the choices are more obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Royal View Post
    As a hunter my DPS seems really low. I'm getting like 1.5-1.7k in 5 man heroics. Is it just the lack of gear or am i doing it wrong?

Honestly, unless you're geared to the teeth in 25-man gear, BM 50/21/0 spec doesn't really shine until you're doing 25-man raids. Without a wealth of buffs to its AP, attack speed, etc, it just can't pull ahead of SV or MM spec. Fully glyphed, geared, and talented to abuse BW I can only pull about 3.6-3.7k DPS on Patchwerk as BM in 10 mans while I'll pull 4.2-4.4k as MM spec.

It just needs too many buffs to scale higher than MM in a 5/10 man setting.

I think EJ theorycraft has managed to develop a spreadsheet for hunter DPS? Maybe you could use that to see if you're missing some major change to your method/gear that would help.
    Indeed they have; it's just about the holy bible of hunter mechanics. Look under the hunter forum for it--there's an entire thread for it.

My DPS really is starting to go down the drain. You think speccing to MM until I get better gear will help?

Just specced 52/12/7. Going to try this out

edit: Wow, 2k dps in a heroic now. FUck that old spec.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

does anyone know how much AP = 1 crit rating for ret paladins? or how armor pen compares to haste point for point?

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I need a new mount, anyone farm baron lately? I havent tried it on rogue, think it would be kinda lame to do tbh. Any other ideas for a new ground mount? Been farming wintersaber but it succccccccks so f that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 539 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast