Page 539 of 539 FirstFirst ... 489 529 537 538 539

Thread: Random Question Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

I was going off what I had heard others say.

On another note, Frost mage is a lot better than people think. I out DPS fire mages all the time on bosses. To take into account though, I must play Frost very well and I may have run into all "not so good" Fire mages. People complain Frost sucks on trash, I beg to differ. I pick the highest health not main focus target and Frost bomb it and change target as necessary. Single target and being a Troll is so badass too. Also, Frost mage gets a reputation buff so getting rep with the 6 factions is a little bit faster too. I'm 835 and the more haste I get the better it'll get.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

My Ele shaman is falling further and further behind the DPS curve. I'm at 825 now and I'm evening out on boss DPS and falling wayyyyy behind on trash unless there are 5+ mobs. Even then I barely pull even with the 2nd/3rd DPS.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I have zero missions available... What gives?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Question regarding multiple accounts on one battle.net account.
    I'm thinking of checking out Legion but shelling out Legion price + 3 month time card feels like a little too much for me if I might end up getting bored fast. However I can buy the Battlechest with 30 days of gameplay quite cheap, so I was wondering if I can register that normally to my battle.net account? I know I won't be able to use my character from the other account, but I don't really care, last time I played it seriously was in WoTLK.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Upgrade one account to Legion and play on that one. You cannot use the Battle Chest for a free month as it's just considered buying the base level game (World of Warcraft) and the first 2 expansions (BC, WoLK). They may have added the other pre-Legion expansions to that but I can't say for sure.

I recommend just upgrading to Legion and subbing for a month. You can't get gametime from anything but time cards, normal sub free, or ingame currency.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    Upgrade one account to Legion and play on that one. You cannot use the Battle Chest for a free month as it's just considered buying the base level game (World of Warcraft) and the first 2 expansions (BC, WoLK). They may have added the other pre-Legion expansions to that but I can't say for sure.

I recommend just upgrading to Legion and subbing for a month. You can't get gametime from anything but time cards, normal sub free, or ingame currency.
    I should have specified. There's a promo here for buying Warcraft movie on DVD(lol), where you get Battlechest + 30days of time, HotS and Heartstone stuff and it's pretty cheap, definitely costs less than buying everything separately. However it does say it's '30 days for new players' so I'm not sure how to understand that.

Granted, this doesn't come out until 17th October so I'd have to wait.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    I should have specified. There's a promo here for buying Warcraft movie on DVD(lol), where you get Battlechest + 30days of time, HotS and Heartstone stuff and it's pretty cheap, definitely costs less than buying everything separately. However it does say it's '30 days for new players' so I'm not sure how to understand that.

Granted, this doesn't come out until 17th October so I'd have to wait.
    It's a Battle Chest. You can only use it on a first time account to get a free month. It's a gambit to get new people into the game. If you want to start a new account and upgrade it to Legion, go for it. You'll get a boost to 100 from buying Legion anyway.

Check here - http://www.wowhead.com/guides/booste...yer-essentials for the boost-related essentials.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    I have zero missions available... What gives?
    some of the story lines in surumar dont have map-visible markers; you need to go find the npcs to start the chains.

hit ilvl 841 today. ran a mythic with my guild's raid group dps and absolutely crushed them, except for our broken ass unholy dk. one fight in particular, did 47% of the damage, and i have the lowest ilvl of all the dps that were present.

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

how much harder are mythics from heroics? I did H violet hold as my holy pally and was gritting my teeth a little bit. tanks and dps seem so squishy I'm nervous about doin mythics. no guild either cuz Hyjal is freaking dead as fuck server

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

honestly, with a bad group, you're not clearing a single boss. you need to be geared, AND know what's going on.

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

The difficulty varies -- mythic Darkheart Thicket is one of the easiest to try. Some are really punishing if you're going in with poor dps or a bad tank. I had one mythic VH where I had a DH tank that would get 2-shot by trash at some points. You are also punished much harder for failing mechanics on bosses and for not interrupting abilities. If you haven't already, I would advise unlocking your 3rd relic slot since that's an extra 25-30 ilvl to your weapon.

I'm speaking from the standpoint of resto druid healing, but as long as I'm fairly liberal with using my healing cooldowns and nobody is doing anything drastically wrong, mythics are not that much worse than heroics. You just have to accept that if other people in your group fail to stand in the bad, they're probably going to die and you won't be able to compensate for their mistakes like you can in heroics.

Of course, starting next week when 850+ gear is unlocked and people start outgearing them, mythics will turn faceroll pretty fast, so it's all relative.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

They feel really quick to overgear, at i800-810 a few of them were pretty challenging in terms of healing/damage requirements and the mechanics had to be handled near perfectly, but now that everyone is walking around in i840+ they're pretty much heroics. Last week I even started filling 1-2 DPS slots with fresh/undergeared 110s to help people gear up.

Dungeon difficulty is definitely all over the place, I'm echoing Darkheart Thicket as the first one you should attempt because it's one of the easiest ones. I'm my experience Neltharion, Blackrook and Violet Hold are also pretty simple. The first bosses in Maw, Wardens and Eye aren't bad, but the final bosses are a pain if you're in a bad group or have a new healer. Halls of Valor has the retard check on the first and final bosses so I'd leave that one for last. That said, none of the mechanics are particularly complex, as long as you have enough gear not to get one shotted by a single mistake you should be able to get the hang of most bosses in a couple attempts.

Daniel Rand
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Is there an easy guide on graphics someplace? I have i7 gtx960 and seem to have no problem running at 10 but game recommends setrings at 5.( for reference i hit 7k very high on ffxiv benchmark)

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Kainos View Post
    Is there an easy guide on graphics someplace? I have i7 gtx960 and seem to have no problem running at 10 but game recommends setrings at 5.( for reference i hit 7k very high on ffxiv benchmark)

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
    If you don't have any problems running at 10, then there's nothing to worry about. Old zones, aside from ones with a shit-ton of small trees (Elwynn Forrest), are pointedly less resource intensive then the newer zones in Draenor, and in the Broken Isles. The two things that have a noticeable impact on my system are Anti-Aliasing, Draw distance, and environment detail, in that order; everything else results in very small improvements on my FPS.

I've also noticed that my card is starting to go out, and there are some days I'm sitting at 100 FPS in Dalaran, and most I'm sitting at ~30, so if you're seeing vastly different FPS like that, it may be your card is going out.