+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 539 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Question Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

TOO MUCH MAN
    BG Level

I realize all of that, I'm just saying that I've seen Dec 12th thrown around several times today for no apparent reason.

3.0.x will be the semi-major patch with druid changes, DK changes, probably hunter changes and some other stuff.

3.1 will be the content patch with Ulduar, possibly (thought seemingly unlikely at this point) dual spec, etc.

Despite the lack of PTR, sooner rather than later seemed to be more likely with arenas being launched in a week.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Ishido View Post
    I realize all of that, I'm just saying that I've seen Dec 12th thrown around several times today for no apparent reason.

3.0.x will be the semi-major patch with druid changes, DK changes, probably hunter changes and some other stuff.

3.1 will be the content patch with Ulduar, possibly (thought seemingly unlikely at this point) dual spec, etc.

Despite the lack of PTR, sooner rather than later seemed to be more likely with arenas being launched in a week.
    They said they wanted dualspec/glyph/action bars in the next big update, with the hunter nerf, so it might be in 3.0.x but not till the end of the month at that along with the arena season - if you include arena season needing to be released, thats a big patch, so that big patch might mean everything is in 3.1 towards end of dec along with ulduar... or early jan, since everyone is bored with the easy 25mans and wants that already.

YOU ARE SEARED
    Dungeon Master of the House of Weave

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Bone armor's not that great imo, you have to refresh it way too much

And Boyiee if you haven't at least started a DK to do the completely amazing questline with it, at least do that much. That was easily 3 of my favorite hours ever spent in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    Yeah I probably would have more fun with the warrior, just seems slightly risky... but maybe it's not risky and we are overthinking it...

Going DK and tanking is interesting, everyone i know who gets on the class absolutely loves it, but there are just so many lol.
    DK's are in part staying so popular cause they -are- fun to play, but are also useful. You can tank normal instances with one, multiples in a group don't hurt things either. My guild was seeing 5x DK groups running through Hellfire without serious troubles, and I've had a decent DK tanking through Azjol, Utgard, and Old Kingdom.

If you want to seriously go tanking and don't know stuff- split the difference. Start a warrior, RAF them up, and go from there. You can go at 68 straight to Northrend, gear up off quest stuff, and be in good shape gearwise. I skipped a huge chunk of BC thanks to Wrath coming out, and I'm not crying any tears over it.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I used to tank on a pally in sunwell. I have access to a level 70 warrior that I'll probably just take to 80, but in all honesty with my hunter mage multibox RAF I can have them to 60 in 3days played, and just pop a warrior 30levels to 60 and take him from there...

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Question:

HAT spec for rogues, it uses 5/5 ccc, fist/dagger or dagger/dagger? Or does it really matter? I would assume fist/dagger for slow MH and fast OH, and that it's not like mute with fast/fast... so I'd need to pick up a fist to try it out, correct?

An Efficient Consumption Bundle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elyise Thierremont
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Muradin

Two questions, both Wrath related: (and I've been away from WoW so I'm not all that up on Wrath stuff)

1) When can I start reasonably going to Northrend for questing? Cartographer says 68, but will it be similar to Outlands at 58? ie. quests are doable but more challanging

2) Should I bother trying to get good gear from Outlands instances before going to Northrend, or is Wrath another example of "Greens are the new Blues" of TBC? Is the quest-reward gear much better than stuff from late-60s Outlands instances or is it of marginal quality? I should qualify this question by saying that I'm currently (at 65) in basically all quest gear as I don't often go LFG for instances and my guild is really quiet these days and doesn't run instances much.

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

If you quest instead of grinding and run even a minimal amount of instances, you should have no problem ending up in all blues by 80. In fact, dungeon quests are a guaranteed blue. It may be harder depending on your spec, but generally speaking blues are abundant in wotlk. There are even a lot of solo chains that give you blues at the end, so again, should have no issues getting reasonably geared in wrath.

If you start questing in northrend at 68 you *may* have to bounce back and forth between howling fjord and borean tundra which imo would be wasting a lot of time... my personal recommendation would be to wait til 70 so that you have more options in where you want to go to quest.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

I hit northrend at 69, took me 1.5 hours to hit 70 from fresh 69. It went that fast. I hit 80 comfortably from northrend, so there's no lack of quests.

Northrend quest >> outland blues. Northrend just blows everything else away in gear.

2) Should I bother trying to get good gear from Outlands instances before going to Northrend, or is Wrath another example of "Greens are the new Blues" of TBC? Is the quest-reward gear much better than stuff from late-60s Outlands instances or is it of marginal quality? I should qualify this question by saying that I'm currently (at 65) in basically all quest gear as I don't often go LFG for instances and my guild is really quiet these days and doesn't run instances much.
    After the starting area, I'd already replaced a decent chunk of my Black Temple-earned gear...I also kept a lot of it 'till almost 80 due to enchants and whatnot. I'd focus on leveling quickly and worry about gear once you're 80.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Go right to Northrend at 68. I went there the second I hit 68 leveling as a DISCIPLINE priest and I quested solo just fine the whole time. I did start at Borean Tundra and move to Howling Fjord, but that's because of how I quest. I did the first few close quests in BT, then moved on to do the quest chains to unlock Nexus quests, then went to Howling Fjord the rest of the time because I enjoy that zone a whole lot more. Only ran Nexus once and keep twice maybe (though possibly only once) and the rest was questing. Dragonblight opens up at 71 and you'll be halfway to 72 if all you follow is the path I followed but actually finished up HF (which I didn't).

The quest exp is largely increased in Northrend. 10-12k per quest in Netherstorm and then 20k per in Northrend, there's really no reason to stay in Outland once you can be in Northrend.

I honestly find Hunter tiresome in raids, in 5-mans if you're solo CCing it can be something interesting (although with WotLK CC is not used as much)
    Spec survival...not only is it fun as all hell, you actually have to put in effort to do DPS. Despite the stigma it has, I've had no trouble keeping near the tops of the DPS meters, even with crap buffs in 10-man raids.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Naramaska View Post
    After the starting area, I'd already replaced a decent chunk of my Black Temple-earned gear...I also kept a lot of it 'till almost 80 due to enchants and whatnot. I'd focus on leveling quickly and worry about gear once you're 80.
    it just really depending on class and enchant you have on your gear. Like my warrior, 90% of the quest reward is for Arm spec if dps, while I wish to have a fury gear so I can use them when I'm speccing prot. This end up that I still keep numbers os s3/s4 and hj gear on me when I'm hitting 80.

lacking of hit and expertise in plate from quest reward still the main concern from me

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elyise Thierremont
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Muradin

Quote Originally Posted by Osede View Post
    it just really depending on class and enchant you have on your gear. Like my warrior, 90% of the quest reward is for Arm spec if dps, while I wish to have a fury gear so I can use them when I'm speccing prot. This end up that I still keep numbers os s3/s4 and hj gear on me when I'm hitting 80.

lacking of hit and expertise in plate from quest reward still the main concern from me
    Are you worried about the lack of hit/expertise for tanking duties when Prot spec'd or for general DPS if Arms/Fury? I'm fury-spec myself and most of my gear is organized towards Crit/Str/Hit. My "tanking" pieces are total shit though, I feel bad whenever someone asks me to off-tank in an instance, it's pathetic :\

YOU ARE SEARED
    Dungeon Master of the House of Weave

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

You don't need anything fancy to tank short of a raidboss, just have enough stamina to live long enough for your healer to get to you...

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Elesirdur View Post
    Are you worried about the lack of hit/expertise for tanking duties when Prot spec'd or for general DPS if Arms/Fury? I'm fury-spec myself and most of my gear is organized towards Crit/Str/Hit. My "tanking" pieces are total shit though, I feel bad whenever someone asks me to off-tank in an instance, it's pathetic :\
    I have my tanking set fine.

The main problem for me is getting "right" fury gear when I change to dps in raid or farm in prot spec in fury gear. After the TG buff I should have enough hit, but it becomes that there is another problem on getting enough crit and expertise lol.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Elesirdur View Post
    The 20% damage taken difference between berserker and defensive stance + commanding shout means you can 'off-tank' anything in the game that doesn't incapacitate you, even in fury gear. Just carry a shield around and group with non-terrible healers.

Dual-spec is coming soon enough so you'll also get the +health +armor bonuses from having a pocket prot spec when you need it. Gear only matters to main tanks, except on Patchwerk.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elyise Thierremont
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Muradin

I guess coming from playing as a FFXI Paladin I'm maybe a bit over-critical when it comes to tanking duties. Perhaps it's just my limited experiences having to tank and feeling like I'm doing a total crap job.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Tanking got a fuckton easier in WotLK, now that all you really have to do is spam your highest-threat ability not on cooldown from 100%-0% on every non raid-boss with very few exceptions, and have to strafe once in a while on maybe...4? 5? of the existing raid bosses. If you lived and the boss dies, you did a sufficient job of tanking it.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...908_145130.jpg

WTF IS THAT ERROR ADDON I CANT FUCKING STAND IT - IT POPS UP ALL THE TIME

+ Reply to Thread