BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Wings of the Goddess- One Year Later

I remember we had a topic like this for ToAU when it came out so here's one for the latest expansion. Please discuss here how you have felt WoTG has impacted FFXI in the year of its existence.

How has Campaign affected you?
    How have the new jobs panned out?
    Split mission/ story arcs hit or miss?
    New areas and NMs a bust or a success?

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Carefree/easy/afk (engage and do something else) exp! Yay

Not levelled them, too busy >_<

Not done them >_<

Ixion is a good concept.

1 year on, where's the Campaign bodies?

New Odin
    BG Level

IMO WoTG shoulda been released 6 months later, after SE was done with ToAU.. For the past year they kinda updated both, which meant WoTG didn't get as much stuff as you'd think and it still kinna lacks content, although it's gotten better lately. Maybe they could have focused on giving a bit more missions instead of making those potentially awesome Mythic quest cutscenes instead that none of us will ever see :3.

Campaign would have been so nice when my PUP was 60~, it's pretty cool for my DNC though so can't complain. Would be good to get to go to icelands for hopefully more epic battles, but I can wait few more months I guess.

SCH is cool all around, no negative things to say about it. DNC is nice for exping, endgame not so much. I like it so far, 69 now.

The missions/quests ain't CoP but they're pretty entertaining. The 6 month wait between quests and missions does suck a bit (or did they add both quests and missions in updates? I thought they alternate between them).

The areas have nice music and feel to them, I especially like the comet and the blueish nightsky are great. I really want to see Castle zvahl and keep asap though, my favorite areas by far. I hope there will be enough content so it won't be a one time visit only like present time Castle ; ;.

Banned.

BG Level

This thread is going to be filled with so much bitching.

If you count the ToAU patch as part of its reign it is on schedule. Same for things such as Level Sync did and what Field of Valor and Private Dungeon will do. Making the game more accessible and even soloable is a bigger improvement than new endgame content.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I loved it at first, but then the ass rape update came out where the Beastmen held like every zone on Fairy for months, and I couldn't stand doing it anymore. Now its not so bad but still very repetitive and gets old fast. Overall good addition to the game.

I have to give props to SE for not releasing a loljob for once, though SCH was dangerously close before the first update. Both jobs fit pretty well though I still contend that SCH should not exist and its abilities instead given to the current mage classes.

I love the cutscenes and storylines so far, but I'm not crazy about the quest/mission split and I hope they don't do it again in the future. Half the people I know have no idea that the quests and missions are linked together and SE doesn't exactly make it clear either. A little challenge would be nice too, just a little.

The mob layout in this expansion is pretty terrible, often times with TW mixed in with IT+++ mobs, and finding good exp camps is damn near impossible. Mobs are either too spread out or too clusterfucked to make worthwhile exp. As for NM's and SCNM fights or whatever they are called I haven't done much with them. The Ixion and Sandworm ideas were very nicely done in my opinion.

All in all this expansion has been pretty poor so far. One year into it and we've barely gotten any new content, which was bare bones out of the box, and most of the good updates were for ToAU. One year in and I can honestly say that there is no compelling reason for someone to own this expansion since it doesn't offer anything a player "needs" like the other ones (Jungles for RoTZ, Bibiki Bay for CoP, 55+ exp for ToAU). I still know people that either don't own it yet, or just unlocked the new jobs and never went back.

New Odin
    BG Level

One more thing: It's good for helping low level peeps out with gil problems. There's really tons of quests that can net you almost half a million just in WoTG alone, I think that's pretty cool.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

So far, it has not lived up to my expectations, but then I have rather specific fanboy nerd expectations. Not terrible, but not great. The custom dungeons, field of valor, etc. seem like they might have potential.

Pros:
    -Campaign is great. It is like a 24/7 party you can join and leave whenever you want. Wings overall has made FFXI more casual.
    -Pixies are fantastic.
    -Dancer and Scholar manage to be useful, unique, and viable subjobs.
    -Sandworm and Ixion are creative.
    -They were very willing to monitor and adjust campaign during launch time and fixed some issues.
    -The missions/nation quests are peppered with rewards which are kinda nice.
    -Story cutscenes are extremely well done. Bastok is a snore, but the other missions make up for it.
    -The assault-esque national quest-mission things are very cool.
    -Sprint shoes are a neat incentive to join campaign.

Cons:
    -Failure to make full use of the creative ideas implied by a time travel theme.
    -The development team doesn't understand where the hell to place Pixies to be useful.
    -I had hoped for Wings to become the Aht Urghan of levels 10-50. Potentially that could happen with some adjustments but it's not likely. Part of the blame lies with SE and part with players for sticking with only what is old and known.
    -No worthwhile camps for 75 that are good enough to deal with the travel time.
    -Drop rates seem abysmally low on all enemies. For AU mission 12, it takes a handful of Ameretat to get a Jody's Acid. For Wings Windurst quest 4 you can spend hours farming a damn 108-knot quipus and not get a thing. How the hell can a company seemingly learn a lesson then turn right around and forget it?
    -The launch was unforgivably bad. I know everything is smooth now, but yeesh.
    -Mythic weapons and weaponskills being touted in the Wings trailer were misleading.
    -The recycled areas are so big and unchanged from the originals they feel extremely superfluous. You could cut all of the zones in half and it wouldn't change a thing.

Wings is a frustrating expansion. In the details SE can still manage to be creative and interesting, I'd say there's still a lot of potential between Campaign-Ops instanced areas, future zones, Campaign changes, and misc. improvements. But for some reason it just isn't catching on. There's not that one thing that makes feel like you really can't miss out on WoTG.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

One year later, I'm still waiting for SE to start adding content.
    I'm not impressed.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynplaine View Post
    -I had hoped for Wings to become the Aht Urghan of levels 10-50. Potentially that could happen with some adjustments but it's not likely. Part of the blame lies with SE and part with players for sticking with only what is old and known.
    The low level camps (colibri in Ronfaure blows everything out of the water until..wait for it..colibri in Wajaom) Yet, the absolute braindead decision to force players to make the epic trek across 3-4 zones past aggro mobs to just be able to warp there from the present, prevents all that.

-It took me an hour to get to Sandy.
    -About half an hour to get to Bastok (Sprinters + AF Boots at night)
    -all using an online map.

So how did they expect "lowbies" to get access? have their hands held again?

I basically paid $30 for a subjob.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Adding on to what Gwynplaine was saying:

WOTG one year in has brought some interesting concepts to the game and a glimmer of hope that SE has started to listen to players more than themselves over certain aspects but fails to deliver the "oomph" needed to be on par with TOAU or even COP.

Pros:

-Campaign gives players the option to solo merits/buffer/exp on their own time in a system of never-ending Besieged.
    --Trumps Besieged in being able to do it whenever you want.
    --Allows players to get merits/exp without an exp party.
    --Easy to get into and out of.

-The musical arrangements are fantastic. (Musical team is getting progressively better)
    -Pixies help raising in areas off the beaten path. (Pixies raising you instead of having to homepoint out in the field is a godsend)
    -Dancer and Scholar are solid niche jobs. (Dancer needs work, Scholar filled in a much needed slot)
    -Ixion and Sandworm are engaging HNMs which answered players cries for a camp that wasnt "sit around the empty area till something loads".
    -References to familiar NPCs makes Wings interesting and engaging. (Getting backstories on NPCs is always a great thing)
    -Quests regarding the Freelances have been amazing. (Beast from the East and the Babban stories were well done, on par with the serpent general quests.)

Cons:

-Lack of teleportation to specific Campaign theaters for seemingly no reason. (Ever try going to a Cnest or Citadel battle only to find out it ends while you waste time running out there? No wonder those battles are always deserted.)
    -Campaign Ops are boring and chorelike. (Coming off the amazing Assault missions, the Ops are just so... bland. Watch an Npc beat on a crab? Touch some ???s and win exp? Hand in some items for EXP? Bleh.)
    -Awkward mob placement. (IT++ Gobs mixed in with lowbie prey? Why?)
    -Awkward mob strength. (Why are EP level 10 worms hitting for what IT+ mobs would in the dunes? Why do mobs in WOTG hit so fantastically hard?)
    -No incentive to EXP in WOTG vs other areas. (Wheres the push to go to the past for exp? Wheres the incentive to drop the TOAU camps 50+? Where is the push to merit in the past?)
    -Refusal on SEs behalf to meet or exceed the Sanction bonuses. (You've set a standard with Sanction SE, now meet or exceed it in TOAU through our actions)

Overall WOTG really needs to focus on moving players towards it for a reason that isnt "Campaign". The SCNMs were a good start but overall the zones are always empty and are uninviting for newer players due to bad mob placement and seemingly supercharged monsters.

The expansion has the potential to move players out of the crowded TOAU while at the same time giving players better and more interesting EXP camps to play with but the total lack of incentive (exp bonuses, better exp/hr, something!) is killing WOTG.

Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I like it since it makes it easier for me to get exp when I have a short amount of time, use a job that rarely gets invites (lolSmn), or I just don't feel like seeking/partying on.

The Allied Notes from it are also great due to the things you can get with them depending on your job. They're hit or miss, but there's quite a few nice things between the 3 nations.

Sch - Seems really good, especially after the main update it got. (I have this at 37.)

Dnc - Crap. It's fun while leveling, but it offers little to no use at 75 considering most players have alternate jobs available that are superior. (I have this at 75.)

I like it. I'm especially liking the Windurst history since Yagudo are my favourite beastmen type.

And did you see Cait Sith in the trailer!?

The actual new areas (Grauberg, Fort K, Vunkerl, etc) are visualy pleasing. The "new" old areas are annoying at times due to the zone lines being in different places.

The Beastmen Stronghold NMs are a success I would say. While the majority of the drops aren't that great, it's nice to see new behavior used. Although, the NMs that use Tubes/Vials can go die in a fire.

Sandworm and Ixion are both good, but the windows are way too long considering they can spawn in multiple zones. Plus if its true Sandworm can spawn again shortly after its killed, that's just stupid. I'd rather sit in DA for 3 hours and not claim than have to scan multiple zones for 5 hours only to have nothing pop which has happened.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

How has Campaign affected you? initially i was hooked on it on the sole basis to get the highest medal, then used it to take pup from mid 60's to 75, was quite handy^^, i only do campaign like once a month now though so that I can still access campaign OPs and do iron anvil4 on sundays 7x to level my subjobs ;x. I do them on sundays when i find out if bastok has cracking shells OP or not but it never does so now my nin is 26 ;x, i think i'l always use OPs for subjobs because there is no rush, i'l probably use moblin maze and fields of valor just for more limit poitns on my pup. Also agree with the point made by a poster above that campain OPs should have been like assaults instead.

In context of the expansion theme though, campaign makes the war seem trivial. The whole defend a fort or attack a wall drama is too simplistic... You shouldnt be so easily able to travel through zones, all zones should be like a war field, should be trenches and stuff. Also, there should be beastmen armies marching through zones, destroyed buildings always on fire (think la-vaule c/s but on a large zone scale), orcish turrets popping up outside of campaign, not bloody rabbits and ladybugs lol OK, i'm off to play call of duty instead >_>.

How have the new jobs panned out? took dancer to 25, and scholar to 50 (before the march update), now that i took pup to 75 i dont want to level another job again -_-, never seen a dancer at any end game events, seen a few scholars though, even putting etudes on the scholar the helix did fuck all though lol....

[QUOTE=ronin sparthos;2370258]-References to familiar NPCs makes Wings interesting and engaging. (Getting backstories on NPCs is always a great thing)
    -Quests regarding the Freelances have been amazing. (Beast from the East and the Babban stories were well done, on par with the serpent general quests.)"

agree in part, those 2 freelancer quests were good, quite enjoyed them. My only gripe is there should be a quest for each freelancer. Splitting the nation quests was a good idea otherwise it would be a mess like COP. However, more work could have went into the missions, they are just too short and linear so far. When this expansion was announced i thought the missions would be COP2 with long ass chapters etc, but its going to end up as short as ROZ or maybe even shorter >_>. This whole expansion has been a wasted opportunity so far I say, but maybe it will get better soon. The writers dont seem to know how to tell a story. They should think of WOTG as a sequel in a series of books, if after reading the first book people want to go to tavnazia or learn about such and such a person from the war then show it to them >,<!

the new areas are good, the remodelled old areas look exactly the same ... - basty and sandy dont look affected by war, at least windy puts some effort in >>
    SCNMs are a fun LS-event and put the fear back into beastmen strongholds like when we were all noobs^.^;
    the new NMs are interesting, sandworm is a fun fight but a pain in the ass to scan for
    expansion needs more HNMs though.

must also say the music in past areas is fantastic

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by mackerel View Post
    One year later, I'm still waiting for SE to start adding content.
    I'm not impressed.
    This.

I did Campaign for a while, thought it was kinda cool...

Then I stopped. And every single fucking time I got to the past now, I can't get Sigil because I gotta have my rank evaluated (Re: Demoted), which involves a lot of fucking running around because for some goddamned reason, Mazurka doesn't work here, and to top it all, there's 0, ZERO high-end Exp camps or anything that draws you away from the epic and awesome that is ToAU. It was a nice concept, but every single patch is an update to Campaign, which is like the Beseiged of WoTG, and that's mainly the main bulk of their updates to WoTG. Add in the Icelands area ffs, perhaps if that has decent Merit camps, it will draw people away from ToAU and actually want to go to WoTG and exp, rather than wait in some zone for Campaign to start, or wait for pointless messages that tells you when a campaign starts only to go there and it end 30 second later, or update the map so it's in realtime, or as soon as realtime can be.

It's been a year and what have they added to WoTG compared to what they added to ToAU in the same timeframe? All this is ignoring the initial introduction first patch (I.e., when Cor / Dnc became available and travel to ToAU / Past), update details onry.

In a year, they added 1) Alzadaal, which allowed for easier travel and access to Greater Colibri, New Assault Ranks. Mog Locker increase. Chocobo Stables opened. Blu/Cor/Pup AF. Missions. New BCNMs. 2 new Mob Types (Flayer, Wamoura). Merits for Blu/Cor/Pup. T2 merits for all jobs, minus ToAU ones. 2) Missions, Besieged tweaks, New Assaults Ranks, Ashu Talif quests, New Mob type (Poroggo), Sam Drg Smn Pup Tweaks, HELM New Areas, The AMAZING /t Chime. 3) SALVAGE, Beseiged Tweaks, Bigger Mog Locker, Pld Drk Blu Cor (QD Light/Dark = Sleep/Dispel) Pup Tweaks, Language Party function. Not ToAU related: Tele-Hax to Sky, LoO patch 4) Missions, Besieged Tweaks, New Mobs (Acrolith, Wivre), New Assault Rank, NYZUL ISLE, Venture Roll!!!, CoP Mission Tweaks, Limit-switch mode outside of MH, New Drk magic, Drg Emotes!, Pup Tweaks. Not related to ToAU: Venture Roll, CoP Mission Tweaks, Signet Tweaks, R/E NM drops added to KSNMs, RMT NM patch, 100% drop rates in Sea. 4 Updates in a year (update 5, which brought out Einherjar, was in June, thus after a year of updates). Not mention at some point they added lolHydra and Khimaira.

For WoTG: 1) BCNM areas (no actual BCNMs), Dnc/Sch AF, A fuckload of Campaign changes, Stopped Lv1 mining, various popable NMs, Haste nerf, Cure lock patch, Fellow Adjustments, Recall/Retrace/Monomi, Retaliation/Collaborator/Sekkanoki/ElementalSiphon, QD charges and SHIT rolls, Dnc and Pimp-Sch updates (which should have been how the jobs should have got realised). 2) Missions, Nomad Moogles in Selby/Mhaura, Ixion, more Campaign adjustments, T2 merits from 6 > 10, Various new job JAs (namely Pianissimo), NQ synth rings, Fellow Adjustments. Not WoTG related : ZNM system added, Einherjar tweaks. 3) Level Sync, NMs in Beastmen Strongholds, Dnc/Sch T1 Merits Not WoTG related: Blu/Cor/Pup Af2 put in Dynamis, price of Dynamis down, and drop rate up, Limbus too

So yeah, forgive me if ToAU surpasses WoTG, but jesus, at least when they were updating ToAU they brought something good and epic out all the time regarding ToAU. With WoTG, all they seem to be doing is adding shit to ToAU or patching old stuff, or updating Campaign for sixteen thousand times. Now, by this time (fourth update) with ToAU, they had already brought out Salvage, and were bringing out Nyzul. Where's WoTGs equivolent?

Quote Originally Posted by Toth View Post
    My dynamis linkshell graciously let me attend the latest dynamis as 75DNC. It panned out as I expected it to; namely a barely passable supporter.

I'd really like DNC to get some kind of buff to enhance its supporting abilities. Different timers, more potent sambas, better steps, varied flourishes, that sort of stuff. It's such a fun job, but man is it lacking in its ability to support a party.

THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I remember we had a topic like this for ToAU when it came out so here's one for the latest expansion. Please discuss here how you have felt WoTG has impacted FFXI in the year of its existence.

In the beginning, Campaign was a fun activity that awarded some good experience.

Then came the major nerfs, ultimately leading to most servers having all zones except the cities occupied and the prevalence of bardbotting. While some of this has been scaled back, their effects are still being felt in terms of attendance and rewards.

Currently, as a melee Campaign is passable. It is the primary method for getting my Monk to 75 at the moment because parties have been lacking as of lately. On the other hand, as a mage Campaign is abysmal. Strong support jobs like Scholar and White Mage have been fucked over by SE's philosophy of making everyone fight, thus decreasing the XP output of anyone who heals or raises for a Campaign fight. Furthermore, magical damage is severely lame compared to melee due to the reliance on MP for their strongest attacks and poor ways to supplement it. Besieged also faces this issue.

SE originally deemed the new jobs to be considered as subjobs. In this regard, they have failed for the most part.

Scholar has been adopted only by White Mages due to the increased mana efficiency it provides as well as Sublimation. However, Black Mages have not adopted it due to the job lacking the vital damage prevention spells (Stoneskin/Blink). I've only seen RDM/SCH once and I was not impressed.

I've only seen people seriously /DNC at Campaign. Otherwise it has not beaten out the traditional melee sub jobs.

As for main jobs, Scholar has made inroads to become a very powerful job in its own right. Dancer, on the other hand... Not so much.

Haven't played through most of them yet.

The placement of mobs in the areas are incredibly hit or miss. They can go from Too Weak to IT++ in a small distance. Initial lack of HNMs were disappointing, with Sandworm only being half finished. It feels like a step backwards from ToAU, which gave us very well-established leveling spots and mob locations.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raiya Li'aurellia
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Asura

One of the few things i liked about Wotg was campaign. Felt ALOT better to maintain my buffer on the likes of BLM or other lesser used jobs like SMN rather than go lfg for a few hundred exp points. However the amount of fixes done to it has made it somewhat crap in someways (ie. bardbotting at one point) and also the fact that mage jobs get HORRENDOUS exp from it due to being forced on overrreliance on spike damage and craptacular MP pools. (melee jobs have had /nin forever and can whack away all day however mage jobs could be easily fixed by lowering spell cost by 50% of current values/increasing MP pools by at least 50%/addittion of ethers that would restore large amounts of MP and are stackable and manufacturable in the same way as ninja tools)

SCH is a very useful job in terms of usability tho it could really use work to make it a more viable subjob beyond use for WHM (ie stoneskin/blink/phalanx).
    DNC while being a very useful job in some cases (DNC BRDx2 3xDD at birds is the best combo ever) could really use work on making it more usable @ endgame (increase Dagger skill to 276 @75 (THF is 269 @75)/auto-regain/store TP/TP drain type samba against mobs/abilty to gain/maintain TP on HNM mobs for example)

Cant really comment on this atm since i havent payed much attention to the storyline up to this point tho what i have played seems to be decent enough.

Ixion and Sandworm are prolly the best ideas they had for HNM's up to this point the whole sitting in one spot waiting for a NM (ie DARTERS FUCKING AERY) sucks balls and this made the game much more interesting tho the whole 21~24 hour NM thing still sucks in general and should be lowered to 8~12hrs to allow more opportunities for those in different timezones a chance to take a hack at these mobs. Zones in general could use a serious reevalument in mob placement. zones needa be better sorted for different lvl placements and EXP bonus should be applied to sigil (the higher up u are in rank the higher the exp bonus) REALLY could use some new exp camps in the new areas and mobs that are chain friendly for instance the bloody Greater Colibri and Mamool Ja SP competition alot of the time just puts me off meriting half the time cos tryin to get a proper camp/party setup is just too much trouble.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Campaign is, on paper, a fantastic thing. For the first time in FFXI, I am able to log on and spend an hour or less and log out feeling like I've accomplished something worthwhile. This by itself is a monumental accomplishment. Before Campaign solo'ing for exp has always felt tedious and unrewarding, especially when it's incredibly easy to get aggro at some point and lose a half hour's worth of work or more.

In practice, though? Not so much. As stated before, if you are a support job your returns will always always be mediocre no matter what which can be really frustrating. Even as a melee you're not safe -- when I go SAM/WAR, if I die at any point, I can kiss my exp goodbye. Not only due to the initial loss of exp just from dying, but that's 5 minutes I have to sit out and hope I don't die again. Offensive campaigns are definitely the way to go, providing safer more consistent rewards than defensive. But... whaling on a wall gets boring after a while. Maybe I'm asking for too much.

Really haven't partied with too many of them to be honest. The few times I have I wasn't really impressed. I began to level DNC as a sub but got bored. On the whole, the jobs have been disappointing for me. Mime where r u ; ;

This is something I've really enjoyed. A majority of the missions/nation quests are fairly easy, allowing me to finish them as a duo and not waste time shouting forever in Whitegate. Something else I've noticed is how far the game as come in terms of character movement -- if you look at old mission or Zilart cut scenes, you never see anything out of the ordinary hand movements, weapon skills, whatever. But now, you have child Elvaan flying kicks to the face, a mother spanking her daughter, dancing, leaping sword impalements into demons, NPC's actually fighting, it's all rather cool. Many missions were also given decent gil rewards which is always nice.

But while all that's well and good, I have to wonder if SE has totally abandoned the idea of making missions that even approach the amount of CoP's epicness. I consider my time doing the CoP missions to be one my best memories playing the game, partly because they were so difficult, but also since the story was so long and elaborate. I guess it must have to do with SE trying to appeal to the more casual base to try and get more players, and that's just a shame.

I have only ever had one exp party in WotG, just one, even after an entire year. I've almost had more, but there always has to be that one person that doesn't have access. Granted that one party I had rocked, but it's certainly a new record for an expansion to not provide new exp areas. RoZ had deserts and jungles, CoP had bibiki, ToAU has 55+, and WotG has... nothing. I suppose the playerbase in partly due to blame for this, but blame definitely rests on both sides.

Wings of the Goddess is definitely shaping up to be the weakest expansion of them all, Campaign notwithstanding. If it's not recommended that you buy an expansion after an entire year, there's definitely something wrong. Hopefully things will pick up so I can feel more justified spending $30 for it.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Campaign is pretty cool for the most part. It's certainly made leveling easier when you only have a limited amount of time to play/waiting for an invite. Mages definitely need a boost in campaign, since the exp for actually casting spells is ridiculous compared to meleeing. I also don't quite get the point of not allowing skill ups in campaign, especially with level sync.

I leveled SCH to 75 after the march update and it's an extremely fun job that does have a use. It's also made WHM a lot more fun to play for me. RDM/SCH is also useful in some situations over RDM/WHM: nuking, areas where you don't need erase (limited, but I go RDM/SCH to Tinnin for example).

DNC is a nice job for exp, but it honestly feels like it has more use as sub job than a main job.

The split missions/quest would be ok, except for the fact that the updates are too spread out. In all honesty, during the week of the update I do the missions (which is 1hour of cutscenes, 30mins of walking around all over the world, and a 10minute BC battle), and then can't remember anything that happened by the time the next update comes along.

My biggest problem with wotg is that it feels like all the zones are empty. Aside from campaign, there isn't much use for all them. SCNMs and the campaign ops when you're nation goes 7/7 is nice, but still. There is only 1 exp camp that's actually worthwhile: the lvl36-41 colibri/ladybug camp which is absolutely fantastic exp, and worth it to find lvl36s~ just to sync to and exp there.

I'm praying that SE will do to wotg what it did to cop, and change mob placement in these zones. They did this to bibiki bay/uleguerand range back then, and turned them (pre-toau) to the best exp camps around.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Campaign is fun and nice, but no one on bahamut cares about windurst really, we go from like 1 area to 6 areas every week, never had Oztroja yet (garlaige is always too close to being lost to even think about oz...).

DNC is fun and a good sub job, Scholar is amazing and the AF2 is going to be sex. (I've been calling enhanced storm spells/double weather on head or body for awhile :D).

Missions are kinda annoying.

Scanning for Ixion and Sandworm are terribly annoying BUT they do basically stop the bots. The fights themselves are fun, though.

All in all, B+ to A-.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast