Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

They didn't do what I think they did... did they?

Well aside from the few fluke LBCs, nothing was really weird about bosses until today. Its the first time we tried salvage after the patch for the "issue".

We observed a weird-broken LAC tonight. I'm wondering if anyone else in any other area noticed broken mobs or glitches too. It wouldn't be the first, second, third, or even fourth time that SE has "patched" something and ended up breaking 978623432 other things that us players have the unfortunate mishap of finding out.

Engaged with 18 minutes to go.

Setup: MNK WAR NIN WHM RDM BRD

Smooth until 75%. Brainjack commenced.

No problem, normal behaviour. 72%, jack was in full swing and we were kiting.

Re-engaged after jack phase, NIN and MNK were on it with WAR running in and out.

Here's where it gets weird... less than 35 seconds later we observe LAC enter Brainjack phase again. Its only at 67%.

We handle jack again, and re-engage. Somewhere between 50-75 seconds after re-engaging, we observe it enter brainjack phase again. Its at 61%.

This Brainjack phase lasts for a whopping 3 minutes 30 seconds. As we were kiting, rather than hitting us or trying to use a TP move and missing, it kept using jack. Jack actually wore on the NIN and the MNK and then it was RE-APPLIED when they tried getting it back together.

At this point, I got ticked off and told them to try to take it down faster. Small boost in damage, and we observed it enter ANOTHER Brainjack phase after only 40 seconds. 52% or so.

After that, it behaved normally until about 39% when we timed out after this long ordeal vs the improper behaviour of the boss.

Any other accounts of this? I've done over 200 Silver Sea runs alone and I've NEVER seen it act this weird before.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

SSR with no thief? Seen plenty of SSs of solo attempts of hammerblow delivering but still...

I should be doing a run this sunday, but it seems like SE managed to break something after fixing something again.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

NIN tanking a Salvage boss over a WAR?

On topic though, haven't done it since the update but we did have one LAC about 2 months ago that spammed Brainjack, about every 45s-1m, but he stopped doing it that frequently after about 8 minutes and the rest of the fight was normal.

We thought it was odd, but figured it was just some glitch that we had run into, hasn't happened again since.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

my group just did this boss last night and we did not find anything unusual about it.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I've seen LBC do what the OP said alot before. I'm not even sure what is normal because he does that more often then not. >_>;

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Today unweak LBC died in less than 3 mins with Spharai MNK, DRK and BLM as DDs (SV minuet + march), granted we killed only 4 Gears because the 10mins warning came out when we engaged the Chariot.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Just experience what Haper said on LAC right now.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I had this happen on SS boss monthes ago, its a glitch. The boss kept charming and we couldn't do more than 60% ( was a pickup group) in 15 minutes...

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Terrestrial Rage
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

My group experienced this like 5 months back. Jacked both Mnks at 75% like normal. Started using other TPs while we kited like normal, but after the Mnks got out and started swinging, it immediately jacked the main Mnk again. As the second came out we waited for the main Mnk to come out again, they both re-engaged, and after another 5%, it did another jack session. We ended up wiping to it cuz the DOT from Jack just overcame us cuz it was going so frequently. Chalked it up to a glitch because we haven't had a problem since.

happened to my group a couple months ago it was really a waste of a permit.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

other than LAC using discharge/inertia + brainjack during brainjack period, it was fine.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Just did SSR yesterday and didn't notice anything wrong with LAC or BJ.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by SamanosukeShiva View Post
    other than LAC using discharge/inertia + brainjack during brainjack period, it was fine.
    It always used discharge/inertia during brain jack period when you're kiting. If you meant t2t, then I don't know.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

well it was more than usual

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

did a run since this was posted, nothing different from before

maybe you got unlucky ><

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Did LAC last night, behaved normally, (although we suck at it).

Sometimes it seems like a shorter time between BJ phases, but if it takes you too long to stabilise after a BJ phase, it seems like it goes straight back into charming people. You only get a certain time after each phase, and if you're still kiting after charm is wearing off, you can be wasting that time...

LAC have the time limit between normal mode and BJ period. BJ usually take about 1 min. Your group probably slow damage or waste time continue kiting during normal mode.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by SamanosukeShiva View Post
    well it was more than usual
    During brainjack mode, it pretty much has perma 300% or so TP, so if it's doing WS "more than usual", tell the dumbass that keeps getting in range of its TP move to stop doing that.

All chariots boss get TP regen while kited, i'm almost certain of this at least, since bhaflau one did it when I tried to solo/duo it. You don't kite any of them except SSR-boss anyway. We did it today, nothing special.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Haven't encountered this occurance again yet. This was the only time I've ever seen it go balls-to-the-walls off like that. I'll post if it happens again. That and the weird LBC are the only oddballs worth mentioning recently.