Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    wotg torrent kitty :3
    BG Level

Fields of Valor Beckon You! (11/28/2008)

Fields of Valor Beckon You!

http://www.ffxiah.com/images/polnews/3871.jpg

The much-awaited December version update will see the introduction of "Fields of Valor," a brand new in-game system that will allow players to engage in light-hearted yet rewarding adventuring, regardless of whether they are bereft of company or part of a hulking party.

Click here to find out more.

Development Concept
    Ever had a bit of time to spare, but not quite enough to participate in a normal leveling party? Or for a change of pace, just wanted to chill out and indulge in some light-hearted gaming with friends and fellow linkshell members?
    If you answered in the affirmative to at least one of the above questions, then Fields of Valor is just what the doctor ordered. For a small fraction of your time (friends optional), you can enjoy fuss-free yet rewarding adventuring. Get more out of each Vana'dielian day with Fields of Valor!

How to Play
    Using a "Field Manual" located in any of several areas will bring up a menu from which players can select a training regime of their choice. After that, it's just a matter of venturing forth and slaying the enemies listed in the regime. Those wishing to enjoy Fields of Valor in a party simply need to make sure they all select the same training regime.

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics...871/3871_4.jpg

Rewards
    In Fields of Valor, the spoils and experience acquired in the natural course of slaying monsters will be yours to keep. In addition, upon successful completion of each training regime, players will be further rewarded for their fortitude with experience and a corresponding amount of gil, as well as "tabs"—points exclusive for use in Fields of Valor. These points can be exchanged for items and services that will surely benefit adventurers roughing it out in the field.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Interesting.. let's hope it's worth it.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

mehhhh

it looks like the perfect one to level subjobs to 37.. really cant wait.
    also, it seems to work as a charm with fellowship since in 2 you'd be able to take out EP up until lvl 40+

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Happens to me a lot...45 mins until a camp or until I have to log...

I am liking this if only for some xp. If drops are nice this is a winner.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Hopefully you can get skillups doing this, would be a nice alternative to Campaign for jobs that are not popular choices for xp.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

This could be pretty awesome if you can use it to level subs to 37! Up till now I've been spamming campaign ops to get the xp for subs coz I'm too lazy to level them properly, and I hate the jobs

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quick! Sell all your average gear.

I bet it will be shit infested for the first couple of weeks. It'll be like the Xbox beta all over again where finding a bee or bunny to kill eh?

Interesting though, I hope they use the Assault Reward/Point system as I really like that (similar to Einhenjar) where everyone is rewarded more or less equally.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

i'm going to go out on a limb and guess that the Items purchasable via Tabs (at least, some anyway) are going to be the standard besieged/nyzul/campaign battle temp items usable in a zone... which can be nice for partying as well as soloing

However, this news release doesn't match up entirely with the jpfest info... about the treasure casket at the end and such...

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I might be wrong but isn't the caskets part of just killing random mobs in the field? Once a mob dies it can potentially spawn a chest? Similar to nyzul/salvage. Whereas this fields of valor is a slightly different system.

New Odin
    BG Level

The fact it's not mentioned here and you can probably buy temp. items with tabs... Makes me think it's a different system altogether, too.

assburgers
    BG Level

Could be fun for when I get the urge to randomly slaughter hordes of innocent monsters for no good reason.

... having a good reason to do that, I mean.

I'm liking the sound of this. If it allows for skill-ups too then its an alternative to Campaign. Anything that offers a good level of XP/items for a small amount of time/effort can't be bad!

Old Merits
    BG Level

Another thing to do when I'm bored! Good stuff. Hopefully the mobs are a bit of a challenge for the high-end players, if there's no exp loss upon death it'd be a great way to practice solo techniques or test gear builds out.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amelia Diremii
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Let's hope these rewards are something to be worth getting and not just lame lowbie equipment that you can buy for <5k. Like some nice r/e equip for low levels would be nice.

"chill out" lol

Hopefully the mobs are a bit of a challenge for the high-end players, if there's no exp loss upon death it'd be a great way to practice solo techniques or test gear builds out.
    this <3

New Odin
    BG Level

I think there won't be any special mobs, just the normal ones around the outpost

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

This sounds like low level content, nothing to do with high lvl people. Hell the OP in the pic looks like Bastok in Saruta. Don't expect this to drop anything amazing, keep in mind lowbies lowbies lowbies.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by dbdesigns View Post
    "chill out" lol
    Square-Enix is hip, they're with the times, they know all the slang the kids are using today.

On topic, this seems interesting, but I'm not hopeful on reward value. Whenever the devs introduce content specifically designed toward casual play, I immediately get the suspicion that it's "to keep those durned casual players from whining about our precious, time-consuming, hardcore-onry endgame." If my suspicion is even remotely true, the rewards will never be anything you'll really want. I see a bunch of C average gear with Field of Valour-specific effects.

Now, the exp gain is where the potential lies. Hopefully they'll do right this time and include skill gain opportunities.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast