+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Dear SE     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by BRP View Post
    What happens if you already race specific activities and have race specific items? Race Change is a stupid idea.
    You wouldn't be able to complete the quest / equip the items. You can have someone wait outside mineshaft and lot a different races earring for the ENM anyway, they just can't equip it.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

but it'd be nice if they'd let manthras BE manthras now...

Quote Originally Posted by Awoir View Post
    You wouldn't be able to complete the quest / equip the items. You can have someone wait outside mineshaft and lot a different races earring for the ENM anyway, they just can't equip it.
    You can just buy the lv1 RSE from npcs too, last I checked >_> or buy other races lv30 RSE on the AH.. don't see that being a big deterrent for anyone.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Jingseng View Post
    but it'd be nice if they'd let manthras BE manthras now...
    I always imagined a Mog Bonanza-like lottery allowing a handful of people on each server to change their race to male Mithra.

Kaelia

Quote Originally Posted by Avarice View Post
    All of these.
    What he said. I think it's SE's joke on all of us that they pretend elvaan are the cool race, but when you finally get in-game you realize the men are rather feminine (looking at all the battle positions elvaan have with their hand on their hip, etc.) and the women are rather broad-shouldered and manly, sort of post-op tranny-ish.

There are times when I think I'd want to be a mithra, but I realize that it would probably just be a novelty to have a tail for a month or two and I'd end up preferring the look of Hume F as I did when I started. Mithra are adorable, especially the ear twitch thing, but the more I stare at them I think they look funny whereas I can stare at my hume for a long time and still think she's pretty, ha ha. Still would be really nice to have the option, even if it was only do-able once every six months or so. I'd do it at least once assuming I was guaranteed the option to reverse it in the future.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I don't know what you guys are smoking. Elvaan > all.

Instead of race change, I wish they would at least allow a face change while maintaining your current race.

Square-Enix doesn't care about black people.

Who the fuck would want to be a elvaan.

Quote Originally Posted by MillionDollarMan View Post
    Square-Enix doesn't care about black people.
    going to stir up some drama.

Who the fuck would post all that bullshit in their sig, and not say their name? We all know you're a troll, now stop lying.

Veli, Lakshmi

MOST RAD.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pupuru Puru
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I could go for a one-time race and face change.

LOVE ME SOME HUME F! MMMMMMMMYEEEAAAAAAAAA

The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I wouldn't change my race, personally, but I don't think it would hurt for SE to allow it. One-time only deal, and make it pricey so only people who really desperately want to change will do it.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arista Flora
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I'd probably change to hume F too. Oo

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

PlasticSurgeon is fun and all, but if you're someone who is always playing two characters (the second being a PS2) then you'll always know the true you. =(

I'd pay $50 to the guy on the last page.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Ysera

I'd happily pay for a race change. Sure, (most) Elvaan Fs may look worse than my current hume F face, but between the jobs I've come to love the most in this game and my character always looking so f'in grumpy, man - I just really want to be an elvaan!

S N K
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'm perfectly content with my Elvaan. I've seen the view from a taru's world and it's just too tiny for me to deal with that low camera.

Sephiroth_Owa 13

Would be nice if they did let you change race, face or hight of your char. Also be more clear on the eye color of some of the faces...I picked face 6A for F Elvaan cause of the hair and eye color (on the screen they look blue color), got in game was shit brown, I know a little thing but still lol
    You pay a monthly full on it so what's wrong wanting your char to look the way you want it to enjoy it more?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raiya Li'aurellia
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Id be happy if the added race change and then tied it into the same timer as server transfer. This would prevent ppl dissapearing completely. Some ppl after 3 years wanna try something different I personally would wanna be elvaan F over Hume F (partially since im just focusing on melee these days and dont use mage jobs anymore).

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Reapz Sjc
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I dont understand why they havent put this in yet, same price tag and timer as world transfer and they can make themselves some extra money, quite a few people would do it im sure. I would want to change to taru due to being mainly mage but then I would cry on my blu and mnk so I dunno!

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

there''s probably issues to consider in racial stat differences, race specific gear (introduce an npc to convert? or let the ah handle it?) and so forth.s why I kinda think that

that's why I kinda think that mithra -> male mithra should be permitted. Presumably the RSE wouldn't change, nor would stats. It's an option that many would have legitimately taken over mithra F had it been available at the beginning.

However, the same could be said of many who ended up choosing Dhalmel or Onion or Hume, etc for lack of a mithra M option.

Sadly, it seems like it probably wont happen since mithra M are supposed to be rare, and largely confined to the Motherland...

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vega Castro
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Safe to say if they ever introduced a new race in the game, the option to race change would likely be in their minds. Can't restrict a new race to only new players, would sound like a dumb idea. As mentioned before i dont see how this would hurt anything at all, if they can go as far as server transfers and name changes...may as well add this. I know for fact some people who turned out to be mages full time would love to change to a taru now.