Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Basically you bought an account and eventually it caught up with you?

I love me some karma

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Shuemue View Post
    Basically you bought an account and eventually it caught up with you?

I love me some karma

No, I didn't buy anything, so nothing has "caught up" with me (whatever "it" is).

You love you some karma? Which Indian religion are you? Hindu? Sikh? Buddhist? What do your religious beliefs have to do with this?

Egyptian Goddess
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aiko Matsuo
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

When you say "the original owner of Prof" most people are going to assume you bought the character, and it's either that or it was given to you by someone. Either way, you aren't supposed to buy accounts (which is what was meant by karma, it had nothing to do with the persons religion. Karma is simply meant as you did something wrong so something worse happened to you because of it). If the account was given to you the only thing I can say is try to get in contact with the person, otherwise there is no possible way to get your account back. I had to fight with SE for about two months before they'd let me change my password so I could access my account on other machines than my PS2 because I didn't have the registration code so I understand the stress.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Daquiri View Post
    When you say "the original owner of Prof" most people are going to assume you bought the character, and it's either that or it was given to you by someone. Either way, you aren't supposed to buy accounts (which is what was meant by karma, it had nothing to do with the persons religion. Karma is simply meant as you did something wrong so something worse happened to you because of it). If the account was given to you the only thing I can say is try to get in contact with the person, otherwise there is no possible way to get your account back. I had to fight with SE for about two months before they'd let me change my password so I could access my account on other machines than my PS2 because I didn't have the registration code so I understand the stress.

I am trying to get in contact with the person, hence this thread. If I had the contact info I wouldn't be trying this method.

I've studied up on karma and know what it means. I guess what I did wrong was trust someone. I guess something worse should happen to me, huh?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Just to be clear:

I never used Prof for anything besides storage and to have someone besides my own character stand around selling imperial silver pieces, and sometimes buy/sell stuff for me when it wasn't convenient for me to get to AUW. Someone who knew Prof even said to me once when I had just logged her in "You haven't levelled Prof? Poor thing is gonna be stuck on 70 forever!"

From Day One I created Wiliam and did everything with that character. I don't feel I've done anything that deserves "bad karma" or anything else. And like I said before, if I knew it was going to turn out this way I would've done it differently.

Sephiroth_Owa 13

Do you remeber any of the ppl on the FL (friend list) when you first got the acount? If so /sea all (name) and you might get lucky.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth_Owa 13 View Post
    Do you remeber any of the ppl on the FL (friend list) when you first got the acount? If so /sea all (name) and you might get lucky.
    Not really. There was something like Fumo-something and Sandra or Kandra or something like that. But since I never played Prof I didn't pay much attention to it.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

So if you didn't buy the character, how did you get it? Someone you don't know gave you the account? I'm confused.

Anyways, good luck with it, but it sounds like you are SOL.

Sephiroth_Owa 13

Quote Originally Posted by ferigor View Post
    So if you didn't buy the character, how did you get it? Someone you don't know gave you the account? I'm confused.

Anyways, good luck with it, but it sounds like you are SOL.
    If I read right sounds like she/he got the acount from b/f or g/f whatever that got the acount for her if not then Idk how they got the acount other then buying it.
    But either way you're outta luck if you can't get the info from the ogrinal owner.
    SE always wants the DoB, name and reg. keys for the acount for them to do anything and sometimes the CC number.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Obviously didn't get it from the significant other because he/she/whatever would know the information that way. Either it was from an e-friend (since there is no contact now) or it was bought. I'm guessing the poster is being ambiguous for a reason.

I'm not going to spew any of that karma stuff, but hopefully you can provide details as needed so people can help you. In any case, good luck getting your account back.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Wiliam View Post
    Not really. There was something like Fumo-something and Sandra or Kandra or something like that. But since I never played Prof I didn't pay much attention to it.
    That was me I already talked to your b/f about the situation. I understand you're upset but I'll tell you that this is really pointless. I already talked to the people that know prof irl and have had the acc in the past. The two people that actually have prof's number don't want to get the info for you because, as I told you before, they had been trying to get prof to get the acc back in the first place. He stopped playing maybe 4+ years ago, and only hung around our irl group. Only irl peeps ever had access to his acc until ran, and those are the same ones I already talked to.

Sorry will but they are not going to get the info for you (I explained to your b/f why), and I am like 99.9% positive that they are the only ones that know who prof is really. Sorry this has become a big mess :/

[edit] in Wiliam's defense I know he didn't steal the acc, and I doubt he bought it. The prof toon has been moved around a bunch but until about a year ago it was always moved between irl friends trying to keep the acc alive while prof wasn't playing. Eventually it was given to a game friend (not irl friend) who inturn gave it to Wiliam.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    That was me I already talked to your b/f about the situation. I understand you're upset but I'll tell you that this is really pointless. I already talked to the people that know prof irl and have had the acc in the past. The two people that actually have prof's number don't want to get the info for you because, as I told you before, they had been trying to get prof to get the acc back in the first place. He stopped playing maybe 4+ years ago, and only hung around our irl group. Only irl peeps ever had access to his acc until ran, and those are the same ones I already talked to.

Sorry will but they are not going to get the info for you (I explained to your b/f why), and I am like 99.9% positive that they are the only ones that know who prof is really. Sorry this has become a big mess :/
    The vast majority of the information in this post is news to me. What you are saying is that 2 other people that know the original owner who stopped playing 4 years ago wanted him/her to give them the account that I have been playing for almost 2 years? Why? I know Prof was 70 but only has decent gear now because she's holding it for me; she didn't have anything beyond 1 set of AF before. Regardless, isn't it being incredibly petty to punish me for something like this? What is the explanation why? Whatever it is hasn't been relayed to me. Its ok for me to get screwed over b/c they don't know me IRL? Or because they are made at Ran? Or Prof?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

And if MY karma was in any danger, I can only wonder about these other 2 IRL peeps!

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Wiliam View Post
    The vast majority of the information in this post is news to me. What you are saying is that 2 other people that know the original owner who stopped playing 4 years ago wanted him/her to give them the account that I have been playing for almost 2 years? Why? I know Prof was 70 but only has decent gear now because she's holding it for me; she didn't have anything beyond 1 set of AF before. Regardless, isn't it being incredibly petty to punish me for something like this? What is the explanation why? Whatever it is hasn't been relayed to me. Its ok for me to get screwed over b/c they don't know me IRL? Or because they are made at Ran? Or Prof?
    Clearly you need to talk to your bf about all this as I already explained everything to him.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

[edit] in Wiliam's defense I know he didn't steal the acc, and I doubt he bought it. The prof toon has been moved around a bunch but until about a year ago it was always moved between irl friends trying to keep the acc alive while prof wasn't playing. Eventually it was given to a game friend (not irl friend) who inturn gave it to Wiliam.[/QUOTE]

I just got off the phone with my husband (he's at work) and he says the only thing he knows is someone tried to talk to Prof while she was muling and got pissed off because of not getting a response. If someone is mad because I was using Prof as a mule, I apologize profusely for that. As a mule used to sell silver pieces, since no one was there monitorng her, there couldn't be a response.

And yes, Prof was passed on to me, and I made the mistake of creating a new character under the account and actually playing it, levelling it, since Spring 2007. I know for a fact that I've had this account (and my husband has paid the monthly fees for it) for well over a year as we moved into our current place in Sept. 2007 and I had been playing for about 6 months before that. It is disheartening to read that such an effort was made to "keep Prof alive" and now both Prof and Wiliam are going to die for no good reason.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Sometimes they will let you guess the DoB. I had to do this for one of my mule accounts at one point because the DoB on the account was incorrect. However, you're still going to need the name, and probably the address.

IMO you're best bet is to talk to Prof's RL friends in game, but Ksandra seems to think they wont cooperate so I'm not sure there is anything you can do.

Sephiroth_Owa 13

Sorry but sounds like you're not gonna get the account back. And since you're not the ogrinal owner Se isn't gonna do much for you other then prob keep taking the monthly payment unless it's closed atm.
    Other then that try to talk to Prof's rl friend but sounds like they wont help you so gonna have to start over again on a freash new account that has your info on it.
    Other then that SoL

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Tubbers View Post
    Sometimes they will let you guess the DoB. I had to do this for one of my mule accounts at one point because the DoB on the account was incorrect. However, you're still going to need the name, and probably the address.

IMO you're best bet is to talk to Prof's RL friends in game, but Ksandra seems to think they wont cooperate so I'm not sure there is anything you can do.
    If I knew the names of Prof's RL friends characters, I would gladly talk to them and try to get some sort of agreeable resolution worked out. But alas, I am not privy to that information.

I have no idea tbh
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

My only suggestion at this point would be to provide Ksandra (via PM) with all YOUR contact info, and ask that she pass it on to these folks and possible to Prof as well on your behalf. Asking for their info clearly isn't going to work. Whatever their reasons, you need their help, and they don't want to be contacted.

However, it might be also time to face the fact that if Prof/Friends whomever are not willing to provide you with the requisite info, you might just have to start over. Daunting as that sounds, if your main started in Spring 2007, and you have in game friends, and the Husband, to help, you could get mostly back to where you were much quicker as a new account than it took the first time.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Sounds like some bitter friends with some nice edrama, this is pretty sad lol.

Can't imagine what the people who won't let go of someone who quit 4+ years ago are like to be around, I feel for you. People move on, jesus this is sad :[