Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I'm sure there's a lot going on behind the scenes not being said here, but I'd recommend PMing Ksandra your contact info AND perhaps a monetary offer.

Give the friends 50 bucks or something to give you the account info. If they're just being petty, perhaps some cash would help them get over it. And I don't think this is RMT, it's just petty bullshit drama and if this account was legit and actually yours, then they're being ridiculous.

Maybe they'll take it and give you the account back and get on with their e-drama elsewhere.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by nitsuj View Post
    I'm sure there's a lot going on behind the scenes not being said here, but I'd recommend PMing Ksandra your contact info AND perhaps a monetary offer.

Give the friends 50 bucks or something to give you the account info. If they're just being petty, perhaps some cash would help them get over it. And I don't think this is RMT, it's just petty bullshit drama and if this account was legit and actually yours, then they're being ridiculous.

Maybe they'll take it and give you the account back and get on with their e-drama elsewhere.
    Good idea! Thanks.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Just an update (not that anyone really cares):

I was finally informed that all of this was because someone else wanted Prof to be their personal powerlevel (after I had been levelling a whole new character named Wiliam on this account for an entire year) and I didn't want to give up my account just because they wanted it. After stating that Wiliam wasn't for sale (and therefore Prof wasn't either), it was said "You'd sell if the price was right," and of course, who wouldn't sell their account if you were offered some crazy high amount for it? Then I get accused of trying to "profit from an account that was given" to me!!

For that reason, I am not being given the information I need. I still don't see how any of this is reason for punishment (or anything related to that earlier misguided "karma" comment).

Peace all, and happy holidays. May you get all you deserve this season (although I know I'm not).

PS I did PM and ask if cash would be acceptable but any questions I ask in my correspondence go unanswered.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Even if you did in fact get the acocunt, the original owner could at any time snatch it up because they have ALL the information needed to do so. I am still waitign for people that sold thier accounts to start doing this...

In short, i wouldnt' offer any money, you might just end up doubley fucked. Just level a new character from scratch, all the content has been made easier, it shouldn't take too long so long as you have friends.

Sephiroth_Owa 13

Sorry you can't get your char back but from what I understood reading your first post you guys had 3 accounts you could get on? So that's 2 accounts right there you can use to help yourself with a new char that's 100% your's.
    Only thing (looking up at FFXIah) that would be hard to redo is the time spent lvling up fishing skill but other then the rest is really very easy to do with friends and having 2 accounts already for PL"ing or w/e.

Egyptian Goddess
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aiko Matsuo
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Wiliam View Post
    I am trying to get in contact with the person, hence this thread. If I had the contact info I wouldn't be trying this method.

I've studied up on karma and know what it means. I guess what I did wrong was trust someone. I guess something worse should happen to me, huh?
    My statement wasn't accusing you of anything so no need to be rude. I wasn't sure you understood what the person meant so I tried to explain. Excuse me for trying to be helpful? <.<

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Daquiri View Post
    My statement wasn't accusing you of anything so no need to be rude. I wasn't sure you understood what the person meant so I tried to explain. Excuse me for trying to be helpful? <.<
    I don't see where I was rude.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Sorry to hear that didn't work out this whole thing vaguely reminds me of what happened to a friend of mine. Different circumstances, but in the end my friend was never able to get it back.

Some people are just petty assholes, and if they are, it really isn't worth trying to deal with them, just move on, as hard as that may be.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Annnnd this is why I hate humans. Couldn't prove they're generally selfish assholes any better

It would probably just be better to start anew on an account you make yourself, that way somewhere down the road not a single soul can claim it was anyone's but yours at any time.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Page 1:
    I had never played before. The account was obtained for me to get a start; I quickly decided that if I was going to play I wanted to do it on my own. So Prof was used as a well-dressed and skilled mule with a lot of gil. Granted, if it were up to me, knowing what I know now and had no idea about back then, I would've just set up my own account from the beginning.
    Page 2:
    The vast majority of the information in this post is news to me. What you are saying is that 2 other people that know the original owner who stopped playing 4 years ago wanted him/her to give them the account that I have been playing for almost 2 years? Why? I know Prof was 70 but only has decent gear now because she's holding it for me; she didn't have anything beyond 1 set of AF before.
    Am I misreading or getting something mixed up? It seems like on page 1 you said prof had a lot of gil when you acquired it, and on page 2 you said he had nothing but a set of AF.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by cdgreguh View Post
    Page 1:

Page 2:

Am I misreading or getting something mixed up? It seems like on page 1 you said prof had a lot of gil when you acquired it, and on page 2 you said he had nothing but a set of AF.
    The gil she had was from selling imperial silver pieces, so I always made sure she had enough to buy 2 stacks and had 2 stacks on her. So at any point in time she had around a net worth around 400k, with the profits siphoned off to support me. When I got her she had the AF and that was about it, a couple of rare/ex items that were of no real use. But it looks like its all gone now, so a moot point.