Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Can anyone PLEASE help me get Prof/Wiliam back?

Can anyone help me get my character back? I had a character named Wiliam on Hades. It was a secondary character under Prof (I used Prof as a mule). SE changed my password, and since I wasn't the original owner of Prof, I don't know the name and DOB info that SE wants to reset it. I started Wiliam at least 18 months ago as a brand new character and if you look at my info on ffxiah.com, you can see I've done a great deal to get him where he is/was. The thing that makes this really hard for me is, my husband and I would level together, and do missions and quests together. He still has his character, and we have access to another that I could play, but its not the same. Its like if there were 2 couples that always did everything together, and all of a sudden one person is gone, I can't just get another and have it be like it was. Everything Wiliam has/had is because of me, all his gear, his jobs, his crafts, his gil. Wiliam IS me. Using another character, even one with more gear, higher level jobs and crafts, it just isn't right. I hope and pray someone out there knows how to get the info I need and will help me. This loss is devestating to me. If I can't get my own character back, I don't think I really even want to play anymore. Thanks for reading this far, and thanks in advance if you can help.

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

Thread might be more appropriate here.

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Can you contact the original owner and obtain the necessary information? Although I would assume that the answer is no, there isn't much we can do for you. We would have no way of uncovering your password for you.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuya View Post
    Thread might be more appropriate here.
    Its not really a Technical Support question. This is an appeal to those who might know the name and DOB info that I need. Now, with this thread being moved, it won't be seen by the people who might be able to help.

BG Level

If you want your thread moved to a more public place, PM an admin for permission to post this in a more public forum.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

If you want your thread moved to a more public place, PM an admin for permission to post this in a more public forum.
    I'm brand new here and don't know how to find any admins. I'm just trying to get my account back, I'm not trying to step on anyone's toes.

BG Level

Letting the staff know.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Letting the staff know.
    Thanks

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

The gist of this is: I need someone who knows the original owner of Prof, so I can get the name and DOB. Thanks again to anyone who can help. I miss playing MY character.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

SE doesn't randomly change people's passwords. What it sounds like happened is the original owner of the account had SE put the account on lock and is trying to get it back.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by WraithLakshmi View Post
    SE doesn't randomly change people's passwords. What it sounds like happened is the original owner of the account had SE put the account on lock and is trying to get it back.
    All 3 of the accounts we have here are on the same credit card and all had the passwords changed at the exact same time. The original owner of my account has nothing to do with the other 2. It's not just coincidence; it's SE.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Ysera

Why would they randomly change all of your passwords?

If the original account owner reported it stolen, maybe they froze it, and at the same time froze accounts tied in with that credit card?

That'd be my guess, anyway.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lexa View Post
    SE did change passwords, just not at random.

It was about one year ago during the big wave of account waves. SE forced a password change for those accounts where the password didn't meet the new minimum requirements.
    POL Annoucement

Although it seems that a few people have had the same problem recently, so the big question is, was it SE, the original owner of the account or a hacker.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

If the original account owner reported it stolen, maybe they froze it, and at the same time froze accounts tied in with that credit card?

That'd be my guess, anyway.
    SE gladly reset the passwords on the other 2 accounts because we had the names and DOBs. They never said anything about my account being reported stolen or anything. SE most likely does it because they want to make sure the original owners are the ones still with the accounts, since technically we aren't allowed to sell/give our characters to anyone else. It was my mistake not taking note of the information when I had access to it.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Ysera

So, if I understand this correctly, OP gets an account from someone they don't know and can't contact in any way, don't change the password, don't write the password down, and are thus left helpless when the password is changed due to not meeting SE's new requirements?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

So, if I understand this correctly, OP gets an account from someone they don't know and can't contact in any way, don't change the password, don't write the password down, and are thus left helpless when the password is changed due to not meeting SE's new requirements?
    Nope, you don't understand correctly. I set a new password over 18 months ago, SE changes it, not because it doesn't meet their requirements, but because they don't want people trading/selling accounts. If I had the info I never knew I would need, they'd gladly reset it. So yeah, I'm at fault for not writing the original owner's name and DOB down anywhere, but that's it. How would I know I'd need it?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

The name/address/dob information could have been obtained from the account when you had access to it.

Granted, that doesn't do any help to you now, it's something that everyone should be aware of. As far as actually getting the information you need, you might want to give a little more detail. What time did Prof play? Was he in any end-game linkshells? Does he have any close friends who still play? If that LS is still around they might be able to email him or something.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arista Flora
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Everything Wiliam has/had is because of me, all his gear, his jobs, his crafts, his gil. Wiliam IS me.
    Why would you buy an account, and then turn around and make a new character? Doesn't make sense.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudius View Post
    Why would you buy an account, and then turn around and make a new character? Doesn't make sense.
    I had never played before. The account was obtained for me to get a start; I quickly decided that if I was going to play I wanted to do it on my own. So Prof was used as a well-dressed and skilled mule with a lot of gil. Granted, if it were up to me, knowing what I know now and had no idea about back then, I would've just set up my own account from the beginning.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Tubbers View Post
    The name/address/dob information could have been obtained from the account when you had access to it.

Granted, that doesn't do any help to you now, it's something that everyone should be aware of. As far as actually getting the information you need, you might want to give a little more detail. What time did Prof play? Was he in any end-game linkshells? Does he have any close friends who still play? If that LS is still around they might be able to email him or something.
    Prof was a 70WHM mithra on Hades, and as far as I know was never on a different server. As my mule, she basically just stood by the warp taru in Aht Uhrgan Whitegate selling imperial silver pieces while I wasn't playing my Wiliam character. I've heard that someone who knew Prof before I got her tried to converse with Prof and got mad when I/she didn't respond. She was only on when I wasn't on, so of course there was no response. The player who is mad that Prof didn't answer supposedly knows all the info I need. As far as linkshells etc., I know I saw some pearls/sacks in her storage, but I never equipped them or paid any attention to what LS they were for. The only things I really know about the account was that it was owned by someone else before I got it back in Spring 2007 and it had Prof, a 70WHM mithra and a taru named Jaenelle, whose highest job was 42BLM.

I'm almost willing to bet money that there is someone on here who can help. I just hope they'll see this and decide to help me