Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Troves of New Treasures Await You! (12/02/2008)

Troves of New Treasures Await You! (12/02/2008)

It's a feeling every adventurer knows and loves—the heart-racing excitement of discovering a chest stocked full of untold riches. With the forthcoming version update, players can look forward to experiencing this thrill anew with the introduction of the "Treasure Casket," a new type of treasure chest that will hold wonders for those fortunate enough to chance upon one!

Read on for the valuable details!

It's a feeling every adventurer knows and loves—the heart-racing excitement of discovering a chest stocked full of untold riches. With the forthcoming version update, players can look forward to experiencing this thrill anew with the introduction of the "Treasure Casket," a new type of treasure chest that will hold wonders for those fortunate enough to chance upon one!

Where can I find them?

Treasure Caskets will present themselves on rare occasions only in certain areas which are part of the original FINAL FANTASY XI package. They will not appear in any expansion areas.

How do I open them?

Depending on their fortunes, adventurers may encounter either unlocked Treasure Caskets or locked ones. Unlocked caskets will open readily, allowing treasure hunters to immediately get their hands on the desired loot. Locked caskets will present a more formidable challenge, in the form of a numerical combination lock that you and your party members will have to rack your brains to solve. So sharpen those wits and have your puzzle-solving skills at the ready!

What treasures will they hold?

Unlocked caskets will contain an assortment of temporary items to assist you in your battles. Locked caskets will house a variety of equipment and items, and for the most fortunate adventurers, even exclusive equipment not to be found elsewhere!
    What riches lie in wait for you? You'll just have to track down one of these Treasure Caskets and see for yourself. Happy treasure-hunting!

assburgers
    BG Level

D:

Exclusive equipment and numerical codes.

*3*
    *2*
    *1*

There's a bot for it.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

If I can't use lockpicks on the chests SE fails. :S

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

They keep mentioning temporary items... How exactly is this going to work? Items that stay in the temporary slot until you zone? Items that carry over wherever you go? That alone has me more confused than anything else in these last few updates. I assumed the temporary items from Fields of Valor would only work during that event, but now I wonder.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amelia Diremii
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Well, they obviously won't hold king abj.

Bet it'll still be crappy low level gear though.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

items like in Besieged and Campaign, with the {temp} tag I suppose. They dissapear as you zone.

As well as some EX stuff to make it worthwhile

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

SE: "Hey guyz, this update is looking a bit thin on the ground, what can we chuck in last min that will pad it out a bit and only take 2 days to impliment?"
    DEV: "How about magic chests that just apear in existing zones and give out gear already in the game?!"
    SE: "Brilliant!"
    2/10

Whyyyyy does SE keep adding rewards for being lucky!!!! HOw about earning something for a change? How about doing something they got so obviously right with Assault. 1/20 and 1/100 droprates (or in this case chest pop-rates) don't reward skill, they reward randomness.

Dulek

Quote Originally Posted by Max™ View Post
    D:

Exclusive equipment and numerical codes.

*3*
    *2*
    *1*

There's a bot for it.
    ^
    This. If the gil amounts to even a few k, how long before you see swarms of lvl1 rmt just scouting zones for the chests.
    /sigh

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Amok View Post
    Whyyyyy does SE keep adding rewards for being lucky!!!! HOw about earning something for a change? How about doing something they got so obviously right with Assault.

Yeah go go Assault! I am swimming in Phi Necklaces and Divisor Rings!

New Odin
    BG Level

I was wondering where the QQ from the FoV thread went... seems that it has found a new home here

Dulek

Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    I was wondering where the QQ from the FoV thread went... seems that it has found a new home here
    http://sennay.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/stewie.jpg

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Amok View Post
    Whyyyyy does SE keep adding rewards for being lucky!!!! HOw about earning something for a change? How about doing something they got so obviously right with Assault. 1/20 and 1/100 droprates (or in this case chest pop-rates) don't reward skill, they reward randomness.
    quoted for truth.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

More rewards for random luck...... why am i not surprised.

Oh well, this will probably be totally useless and abused in some way.

"H-HOLD ON. LOCKED CASKET! Break the chain! We have to open this shit before it depops!"

"..."

On a side note, this sure makes solo BST in the old areas a lot more fun, lol.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

zzz.

What a boring update thus far.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Dohorehn View Post
    "H-HOLD ON. LOCKED CASKET! Break the chain! We have to open this shit before it depops!"

"..."

On a side note, this sure makes solo BST in the old areas a lot more fun, lol.
    Don't forget summoner and Blue Mage =)

DAKPluto

random luck = sweat shop RMT with 8000 accounts

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I see this making some BST camps impossible for at least a week if it sucks. If it's good(read: exploitable) ... well... load up on jugs and have fun LFPing BSTs until you get to the WotG/ToAU camps.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Odesseiron View Post
    zzz.

What a boring update thus far.
    How? Potential to create instanced merit parties, potentialy easier way to solo/small group level subjobs, random chests drop to give you free shit in the original areas now. I really don't see what you could possibly have to bitch about o.O

If anything, this could be one of the best all around updates I've seen from SE (assuming any of it is implemented even halfway intelligently... and yeah, I know, it's SE... that's why I said "potential" a lot in the first part of the post)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast