FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

Mythic Weapons Discussion

Starting anew, all valid info may be reposted.

http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/ffxi-...-info-p23.html

So to sum up last thread:

To access duties, tasks, etc: Captain rank, runic seal key item, turn in weapon, kill 3 ToAU beastmen kings, all 4 chariots, and Odin.

Next, do 4 quests for the rat in nashmau:

Turn in 30k alex.
    50/50 assaults redone and logged (yes you can turn in one log at a time).
    Trade Balrahns Eye patch (100k ampoules)
    Trade Wyrmseeker's Shit Book: 150 nyzul tokens.

Get sent to palace for CS? -> Get sent to Nyzul for a CS ? -> Get sent to Mire for CS and asked to trade 3 ZNM tier4 items -> back to Nyzul for fight with Balrahn -> Profit?

Second hand testing has rumored the DA to be similar to jailer weapon (50% proc and stacks with other DAs). Also stated 50 attack bonus for 100tp, possibly higher for more TP. NOT comfirmed.

Have one JP brd with all alex done but no ampoules >.>, and rumors of others close.

That pretty much sum it up?

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Also note that while it hasn't been 100% confirmed as of yet, the .DAT dialogs point to you actually obtaining the Mythic Weapon during the CS at the palace, however it is speculated that Aftermath is locked. You are sent to Nashimau to trade the 3 Tier IV ZNM pop items to the cemetery which gives you access to the fight against Balrahn in Nyzul Isle.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Neosutra View Post
    So to sum up last thread:

Second hand testing has rumored the DA to be similar to jailer weapon (50% proc and stacks with other DAs). Also stated 50 attack bonus for 100tp, possibly higher for more TP. NOT comfirmed.
    I like your summary. Glad you did it since I would take 5 times the space to say the same thing.

However, just to clarify:

wasn't it a guy who wrote (in Japanese) what someone told him that he had seen some other guy do on a system at fanfest? And do we ever get a legitimate translation of the third hand story?

I wasn't sure. Maybe the Japanese author of the text actually saw this. I agree though. Rumor is the right term and not confirmed is the right phrase. I hope we can all hold our pee until someone really gets one in game and we see the bad boy work.

Drunken Red Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by TummieGaruda View Post
    Also note that while it hasn't been 100% confirmed as of yet, the .DAT dialogs point to you actually obtaining the Mythic Weapon during the CS at the palace, however it is speculated that Aftermath is locked. You are sent to Nashimau to trade the 3 Tier IV ZNM pop items to the cemetery which gives you access to the fight against Balrahn in Nyzul Isle.
    I'm going to fucking rage if the T4 ZNM trophies are required since I already traded my Cerb trophy in for a seal. I hope SE makes a way that you can trade in the seal for the trophy. >_<

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

So who going to fanfest wants to volunteer to test for BG if the weapons are playable? We should also make a list of specifics to test for.

Quote Originally Posted by Auspice View Post
    I'm going to fucking rage if the T4 ZNM trophies are required since I already traded my Cerb trophy in for a seal. I hope SE makes a way that you can trade in the seal for the trophy. >_<
    They are required. Was brought up in interviews and shown in JP magazine. But im sure you can get one before you finish the rest of the quests Q.Q.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

SO having the weapon with aftermath locked is similar in a way to Stage 4 Relic,no?

I dont think so, they may be the Vigil weapons (no stats). But we will see.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zumi Kasumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Anyone find out if double attack is active full time or aftermath only yet? I don't think i seen the answer in the last topic.

Aftermath only, as per the testing thus far.

Just a quick note concerning the reported triple attack on page 23+ of previous thread, could be like latent on amoods? Amood - FFXIclopedia - a Wikia Gaming wiki

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

"Vigil Weapons" = the weapons dropped from Nyzul NMs. No idea why they decided to call them this, but I'm sure it won't stick...

Statless upgraded weapons are the Mythic Weapons themselves (same names) but from the looks of the cutscene dialog, winning a battle with Balrahn(?) will unlock all the awesome stats and aftermath and WS(if you didn't already quest it) with his awesome nod to Sweeny Todd.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

already confirmed aus

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    "Vigil Weapons" = the weapons dropped from Nyzul NMs. No idea why they decided to call them this, but I'm sure it won't stick...

Statless upgraded weapons are the Mythic Weapons themselves (same names) but from the looks of the cutscene dialog, winning a battle with Balrahn(?) will unlock all the awesome stats and aftermath and WS(if you didn't already quest it) with his awesome nod to Sweeny Todd.
    You pretty much hit the nail on the head.

Basically when you get the CS in the palace after Tasks and Duties, you are told that the Virgil Weapons (Nyzul Weapons) were manufactured to be polar opposites to tame the power of the Mythic Weapons and keep their power in check. Unfortunately, the Virgil Weapons were stolen and because of this, the power of the Mythic Weapons grew to the point where returning the Nyzul Counterpart (Inferno Claws ~> Kenkonken for example) would do nothing to put the power of the mythic back in check. Therefore they hand you the Nyzul weapon (Which has been stripped of most of its power) to you in the CS, however, the only thing you get out of the Mythic is only the Final Damage and Delay, you do not get the extra bonuses or anything else. So for pup they would hand you:

Kenkonken
    DMG +17
    Delay: +48

And that's it.... at that point the weapon literally speaks to you and gives you further instructions. In order to fully unlock it (getting the extra effects added on) you will need to fight Balrahn in the BC fight. (NOTE: Examining the .DAT's you will find two weapons of the same name, one with the fully unlocked stats, and one with only the Final Damage and Delay)

For those of you who don't want to dig around thru the thread, here is the Dialog from the CS in the Palace:

Imperial Palace Cutscene Dialog

Surely you still recall the weapon which you entrusted to the safekeeping of one Naja Salaheem? The same instrument which you extracted from the ruined depths of Nyzul Isle. That weapon was none other than one of the fabled “vigil weapons,” fashioned to be vessels of a great protective force.
    The vigil weapons were kept within the Imperial Treasury, placed in lush ceremony atop their sealed counterparts, the “mythic weapons.” In this state, the polar natures of the weapons achieved a perfect balance, and were thus able to be contained. The mythic weapons are an unparalleled collection of arms amassed by the hero of our Empire, the mighty Balrahn, as he journeyed in the four directions felling fierce and countless opponents and brought his greatness to bear upon Vana'diel. These are the true “Treasures of Aht Urhgan."

In addition to the miraculous properties attributed to them, the weapons were also objects of undying affection for Balrahn. It was not long before his obsession with them had grown to maniacal heights, and he continued to seek out new additions for his collection tirelessly. Of course, the natures of the weapons were simply too vast to be harnessed and treated as mere museum pieces. Therefore, he commissioned his Master of Ceremonies to see to the creation of the vigil weapons in a desperate attempt to diminish the raw power of the mythic weapons so that they might be tamed. Since then, it has been the charge of the Master of Ceremonies to oversee the safekeeping of the mythic weapons. But...Following the theft of the vigil weapons from the Imperial Treasury, the power of the mythic weapons began to grow unchecked.

Even now, should the vigil weapons be returned, I fear it is too late to reharness what has been unleashed. And so we are left with but one recourse. Only by finding one with the virtue and strength of our great Balrahn to bend the spirit of the mythic weapons to their will may we return them to their peaceful slumber deep in the undisturbed corners of the Imperial coffers. It was to this end that we sought to employ your services, ≺Player Name≻. We were warned by her Majesty's great uncle, Zarafeehl, that the dangers of entrusting the fate of these weapons to one not born of the Empire was an unwise risk fraught with dangers. But we were unwavered in our confidence in you. And so to sway Zarafeehl, we set to you these most heroic of tasks, all of which you have accomplished. We beg your indulgence, and your forgiveness, ≺Player Name≻. But please try to understand the desperate position into which we were thrust.

And yet, I'm afraid we have still more to ask of you. We would like to place the mythic weapon, ≺Possible Special Code: 01≻≺Possible Special Code: 05≻#≺BAD CHAR: 8280≻≺BAD CHAR: 80≻≺BAD CHAR: 80≻, in your care, ≺Player Name≻. Your efforts have led us to believe that you may indeed be able to resist the overwhelming temptation of the power this weapon contains.
    A task for none other than the true guardian of the empire!
    Thank you, ≺Player Name≻...
    Thank you.
    Behold! This is ≺Possible Special Code: 01≻≺Possible Special Code: 05≻#≺BAD CHAR: 8280≻≺BAD CHAR: 80≻≺BAD CHAR: 80≻. And it is now yours by right and rule! Do be careful, ≺Player Name≻. I do not doubt in the power of your will. But should you succumb in even the slightest to the allure of that weapon...
    So it is done. The Empress must now see to informing Zaragfeehl of what has transpired here today. We beg your pardon. Hmph. Until we meet again, then, ≺Player Name≻.
    The weapon... Is it...speaking!?
    Hear me, ≺Player Name≻.
    I am to be remade...
    Your burden is a great one. Yet I shall bear the load for you.
    If my powers you desire, you need naught but feed me...
    ≺Possible Special Code: 01≻≺Possible Special Code: 05≻#≺BAD CHAR: 8280≻≺BAD CHAR: 80≻≺BAD CHAR: 80≻... ≺Possible Special Code: 01≻≺Possible Special Code: 05≻#a≺BAD CHAR: 80≻≺BAD CHAR: 80≻... ≺Possible Special Code: 01≻≺Possible Special Code: 05≻#b≺BAD CHAR: 80≻≺BAD CHAR: 80≻... I hunger! Seek out the place of the dead in the hallowed grounds of Caedarva Mire...Do this thing, and greatness shall I bring to thine name and hand!

Sea Torques
    BG Level

So people are saying about ~2000 good zeni pics to do this final part. Wiki says Tinin's Fang is like a 15% drop rate...doesnt that mean you may have to fight the each T4 znm dozens of times to finish this part..?

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Ruin View Post
    So people are saying about ~2000 good zeni pics to do this final part. Wiki says Tinin's Fang is like a 15% drop rate...doesnt that mean you may have to fight the each T4 znm dozens of times to finish this part..?
    Statiscally, yes, but the drop rate doesn't increase the more you fight it as it's not cumalative. You can of course get lucky and get it to drop on your 2nd fight.

Quote Originally Posted by TheStig View Post
    Statiscally, yes, but the drop rate doesn't increase the more you fight it as it's not cumalative. You can of course get lucky and get it to drop on your 2nd fight.
    Or you can be like our group and never see a Tinnin drop.

Yep, Aus's Sarameya is 1/12 I think.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Neosutra View Post
    Or you can be like our group and never see a Tinnin drop.
    Yep, which is I guess all down to chance/luck at the end of the day, no matter the drop rate. =(

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast