Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Need help on finding mobs stats

Hi all, since me and some of the other ppl are trying to find out about the hidden attack or pdif bonus of Spinning slash, Techi Gekko, and Ground Strike, I would like to find out if some of you know a good place to find mobs stats (lvl, vit, def). This will be important to find out if the hidden bonus of the above mentioned WS (as there is obviously one) are either a fixed 200 attack bonus, or a 45% pdif bonus. The idea is to find a mob with high lvl and high def and test which is which, as under such situation, the two assumptions will have a bigger difference in end result. I would say genbu is probably the best test subject, but other mobs that can be killed more frequently for a bigger test sample will probably help out more.

So if you do know such place, please let me know. I heard that studio gobli has some mob info but I can't find them since I don't read Japanese that well and the auto-translation thing sucks.

Thank you.

I remember Studio Gobli had a lot of stats though I don't know how accurate they were.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

May you direct me to the exact link? I was exploring around the site but couldn't find a place where they list them. Thank you.

Try this link, and click on the link there. It should be translated.

Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I remember seeing something like this on KI, so hopefully it helps you find what you need:

Decorative Weapon DEF - Killing Ifrit

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Thank you for the replies. I think I have a good idea on how to determine mob's def now, but it seems like mob's def rarely go over 350, so I am not sure how to find a high enough defense mob to test.

I can probably try to find the highest lvl normal mob to test.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Got a merit party today and parsed. With the same WS gear as I have in my sig. and one attack song (halfly merited min), 285 skill, gorget, 5/5 str merit, 7% DA, hume and hasso half the time, I averaged about 820 damage per WS, about 180 WS done. No dia and no SE during the entire party. With my damage calculator, which is pretty accurate, it suggests that I should be doing around 830 assuming a straight 200 attack bonus, and 910 if it is a 45% pdif jump adjusting before lvl correlation.

So I think it is pretty obvious what it is pointing toward. Also, there is one out of the 180 ws that I missed the first hit but connected the second hit, so the average in this case should be a bit higher since the parser doesn't count it as a miss, and obviously there are a few DAs that probably missed as well so the average of 820 seems right. Note that my calculator suggested a 119 damage per melee attack and the parse result was 120, so the accuracy of the calculator seems to be pretty accurate.

I can show the parse result and a SS of my calculator if needed, but it seems like 200 attack is right and not a pdif % bonus. I am glad we finally got this tested. /hurray.

Note that this applies to gekko, spinning slash, ground strike, and steel cyclone, and perhaps howling fist and some of the other single hit ws that does more than they should (Retribution?).

Btw, this is on bottom bird camp.