Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Nyzul Isle rant - why can't people pay attention to aggro?

Why is it, whenever the objective is "Eliminate enemy leader" (or anything other than to kill them all), people don't use their brains and pay attention to the surrounding enemies? It's distressing to wipe and fail the mission because:

1. Chariot boss, on an undead floor. And even though the RDM leader told them to stay at the Rune while she pulled it, they just followed her to the chariot and mindlessly attacked it, without considering what was going happen after its AOE attacks brought people into yellow.

2. Gem Heister Roorooroon, not only do they ignore the nearby Puktrap that kept attacking (which would've easily been eliminated), they actually followed the Qiqirn into the same room as Drooling Daisy, instead of pulling him back to the Rune where it was safer.

3. Vile Ineef - bullrushed him at the archway by his room, completely oblivious to the Peryton in the same room (which are immune to sleep spells).

And then there are lamp floors where people just let themselves get devoured by enemies by the lamps (though on higher floors, people seemed to have at least learn to avoid that mistake).

I guess my point is: When you are doing Nyzul Isle, and the objective is not "eliminate all enemies," kindly pay attention to the other enemies on the floor or just die in a fire.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

People are stupid.

How can I prove this astonishing discovery? When a player asks me why Serket agros after running directly into it with Flee and dying between it and 2 Draugars.

Gee... i guess a giant FUCKING scorpion doesnt look aggressive :D

Anyways... people are dumb, they make even register floors a chore to complete.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos View Post
    Gee... i guess a giant FUCKING scorpion doesnt look aggressive :D
    King Vinegarroon

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

It's much easier to do Nyzul with a static of competent people. My group is pretty effective at communicating and seeing potential issues before they arise during floor objectives.

People do make mistakes every now and then, but my group will scream bloody murder if someone didn't listen to stay at the Rune and died or held us back somehow

Edit: Also, you might wanna bring at least a brd with you to sleep stuff that can't be slept with dark sleep. With decent gear, any brd can sleep a chariot or Peryton. God help a brd that can't sleep a Peryton in nyzul...

HEY FUCK YOU BUDDY
    BG Level

I formed an LS static, but before that my biggest problem wasn't random aggro, it was order lamp floors. I don't know what it is about them, but apparently order lamps turn everyone into drooling retards.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Korremar View Post
    I formed an LS static, but before that my biggest problem wasn't random aggro, it was order lamp floors. I don't know what it is about them, but apparently order lamps turn everyone into drooling retards.
    have a dominatrix that goes with you and punches their faces bloody when they do it wrong, works like a charm ¬.¬

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Valisk View Post
    King Vinegarroon
    You bet your ass i thought KV was aggressive and took precaution before walking up to him and realizing he was a calm little pansy. :D

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vega Castro
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Climbing to 100 was the easiest part i did with my set, farming however turned everyone into a lazy ass.

They're coming to take me away. Ha Ha!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos View Post
    You bet your ass i thought KV was aggressive and took precaution before walking up to him and realizing he was a calm little pansy. :D
    I would say Passive Aggressive fits him better... He's calm as a bunny rabbit until you antagonize him... then he goes postal.

Serket doesn't aggro in Garlaige >_>;

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Chuyu View Post

Edit: Also, you might wanna bring at least a brd with you to sleep stuff that can't be slept with dark sleep. With decent gear, any brd can sleep a chariot or Peryton. God help a brd that can't sleep a Peryton in nyzul...
    WHM does it just fine, too.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Quote Originally Posted by Lujei View Post
    WHM does it just fine, too.
    For a single peryton, but not mutiple Perytons,flayers, <insert random light-based sleep onry mob>. But yes, they can sorta work. I normally have brd whm nin thf and random DD every run. Some people don't bring a brd or whm every run though

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuko_Asura View Post
    Serket doesn't aggro in Garlaige >_>;
    Haha, really? Guess that's why it doesn't aggro inside Sandworm either. But I learned to assume everything aggros in Nyzul after a Marid aggroed me.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aylin Celesse
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Hellscream

Quote Originally Posted by Elites View Post
    Climbing to 100 was the easiest part i did with my set, farming however turned everyone into a lazy ass.
    ^ This.

My biggest problem since we started farming lately (besides the fact we've gone almost 3 weeks, 21 tags, with 0 drops other than lolweapons and its starting to piss all of us off) is that for whatever reason, the WHM and RDM don't feel like sleeping pulled mobs/linked mobs. I've become the defacto puller on THF since the leader made our BRD start coming SAM, and if I pull a mob while they're fighting one (to speed up kill all floors) I either have to kite it until the 3 other melee are ready to kill, or practically die before they realize they should probably sleep it.

It makes me want to slam my head repeatedly on my desk.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

My only suggestion would be try to form a static. Nyzul is pretty easy if you got a static of competant people. I've only failed 1 time out of 100+ floors. If possible it makes it much easier with Vent or some other type of voice program as well, especially the lamp order floors.

HEY FUCK YOU BUDDY
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zubuis View Post
    If possible it makes it much easier with Vent or some other type of voice program as well, especially the lamp order floors.
    Oh god yes. This is why I'm in an LS static. All 6 members have Vent access, so we can warn each other of incoming mobs to sleep, and Order lamp floors are a million times easier.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

People rarely talk about it, but in addition to all the normal recommendations for a successful Nyzul Isle group, understanding what mobs are aggressive to is pretty valuable.

A lot of people take it for granted and just run in guns blazing, but you can zoom right through from the get go if the non-Nyzul specific challenges are no problem for you.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Some things like regular birds can be a little confusing as I can't think of any that aggro outside of Nyzul Isle.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Chuyu View Post
    For a single peryton, but not mutiple Perytons,flayers, <insert random light-based sleep onry mob>. But yes, they can sorta work. I normally have brd whm nin thf and random DD every run. Some people don't bring a brd or whm every run though
    More importantly, brd can dispell soulflayer ice spike, while rdm dispell will keep getting resist for 95% of the time -_-

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Lightbringer

Quote Originally Posted by Osede View Post
    More importantly, brd can dispell soulflayer ice spike, while rdm dispell will keep getting resist for 95% of the time -_-
    Doesn't matter, the melee will run in and smack it before the BRD can get Finale off anyway. And then the bastard will reapply Ice Spikes before the Finale recast is up....