+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Resident Evil 5 Demo     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Resident Evil 5 Demo

Is apparently live on 360, but only in Japan so far. So load up your JP Live! accounts and give it a go.

No clue whether it's on the JP PSN yet.

Apparently downloading and burning the demo to a disc works.

Demo files link.

Copy Pasta from another forum:
    I've just had a bash at it and here's what I think:

Pretty brief demo, but very encouraging. The first area was a copy of the cabin siege from RE 4 and it was lovely. The real-time inventory definitely increases the tension and difficulty. I regularly used it as a cop-out pause menu in Resi 4.

Sheva could go either way still. Hopefully you don't have to manage her health and ammo too much. She seemed to take stuff on her own when necessary, but I can see situations where she steals the precious few shotgun rounds you need to stave off death for a few more seconds.

The game looks fantastic, but tearing is rife in this demo, so hopefully that's sorted for the final build with a sync menu option if necessary. Chris feels as if he should be slightly more to the right of the screen (not necessarily centre). Maybe I'll get used to it.

The second area was just to show off some of the 'Sheva is separated from you, commence rifle head-shotting from afar *now*' sections that will be in the game. The game is basically Resident Evil 4, but shinier and prettier and as long as environments vary, the set-pieces keep coming and the bosses are huge and slimy, that's fine with me.

Resident Evil has never had fluid/logical controls and Resident Evil 5 is no exception, even with the strafe options However, having played through RE 4 close to one million times, I'm somewhat of a ninja with the crappy controls so I didn't have any problems with the demo. The two strafe-enabled configurations might appease those who complained about RE 4's controls, but they still won't be able to shoot whilst moving, so no luck there.
    Apologies if olde.

Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I want detailed impressions, my router is gimp right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Anamanagucci View Post
    I want detailed impressions, my router is gimp right now.
    Need a JP Gold Live! account from what I gather to get it (which I don't) and my DVD-R is on the fritz so...you and me both.

Hoping my buddy in Japan is neglecting his JET duties to get a hold of it so he can relay any goodness.

EDIT: Guide for making a JP Live! account:
    [360] How to make a Japan/Euro region account on Xbox Live

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

The demo was region locked to only play in JP Xboxes. Even with a Gold account you can't play it with a standard NA or EU 360.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyHobo View Post
    The demo was region locked to only play in JP Xboxes. Even with a Gold account you can't play it with a standard NA or EU 360.

This is incorrect, I have it on my NA 360 (the burned CD version) and it works just dandy, great demo although short.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hahaha Woooo
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Tried downloading it earlier, says it's not available in my area. TEARRRRRR

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I've played it, and I'm really not interested in it. RE4 was great, but RE5 is shaping up to be a summer blockbuster version of that. The main character is buff, there's a beautiful female sidekick, and it's less survival horror, more action. Zombie games were never about sophistication, but RE can't be classified as one of those anymore anyway.

This leans toward the FPS side of things, but it's not a very good FPS; it has RE elements, but it's not true survival horror. It's action now. I'm sure it will be good in its own right, but I'm indifferent. "Dead Space" instead, please.

RE 4 was basically what you described RE 5 as being. Which is a shame because if they made it like Dead Space (in terms of ammo consumption etc) then it would be a lot better. However, I'm invested in RE so I'll get it for sure and probably like it. But nothing will likely top RE 2 and 3.

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

The main difference lies in maps, freedom of movement, ammunition availability, and those sorts of things. RE5 is more fast-paced, has more wide-open areas (and thus more freedom of movement), and it's extremely difficult to run out of ammo. If you feel these problems existed in RE4, consider them exacerbated in 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Kohan View Post
    The main difference lies in maps, freedom of movement, ammunition availability, and those sorts of things. RE5 is more fast-paced, has more wide-open areas (and thus more freedom of movement), and it's extremely difficult to run out of ammo. If you feel these problems existed in RE4, consider them exacerbated in 5.
    I managed to run out of ammo on RE4 on my second playthrough.

Don't ask me how, all I remember is looking at my inventory and seeing 2 clips for the Red9, 6 Shotgun Shells, 5 Rifle Rounds and two grenades.

I cant wait to get my hands on that game. And sadly no matter how much I have played a RE game. The Remake will always be the best game in the series for me. That game is utterly amazing.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vega Castro
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Deadspace was awesome, never had a true horror game experience inawhile until i played it recently..RE5 is more or less just an action fps.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Wintermute View Post
    I managed to run out of ammo on RE4 on my second playthrough.

Don't ask me how, all I remember is looking at my inventory and seeing 2 clips for the Red9, 6 Shotgun Shells, 5 Rifle Rounds and two grenades.
    Yeah, that happened to me too.

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Elites View Post
    Deadspace was awesome, never had a true horror game experience inawhile until i played it recently..RE5 is more or less just an action fps.
    The latter part of dead space was more of an action game as well(but it was an amazing game), and RE 5 isnt an FPS.

On topic, played the demo last night, it is basicaly a newer polished RE4, but still a very fun game. The new inventory system is kinda annoying but only gripe I had.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

this is a demo... when have demo's ever been hard? Ever single demo i have played for any single game has always been extremely easy and made your character OP.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zap Brannigan
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    this is a demo... when have demo's ever been hard? Ever single demo i have played for any single game has always been extremely easy and made your character OP.
    And the fact that demos sometimes gives you more than you should have at that point in the original game(i.e more bullets, stronger weapons etc)

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

The RE5 demo doesn't give you stronger than normal weaponry, and you could run out of bullets... if you're careless. That isn't to say that Capcom wasn't gratuitous with their ammo placement, and we won't find out the truth one way or another till the final retail game comes out. What remains true regardless, however, is the presence of a sidekick, the fact that they buffed up Chris ridiculously, and that one of Capcom's early praises for RE5 was its fleet-footed "zombies" -- all things indicating a more action-packed game.

As aforementioned, I'm uninterested in it, personally. I'm sure it will be a perfectly good action game -- surely better than titles like "Dark Sector" -- but that isn't what I'd want out of RE, and isn't a genre I'm into in general.

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Quote Originally Posted by Antithesis G View Post
    I cant wait to get my hands on that game. And sadly no matter how much I have played a RE game. The Remake will always be the best game in the series for me. That game is utterly amazing.
    This a million times.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

The RE5 demo doesn't give you stronger than normal weaponry, and you could run out of bullets... if you're careless. That isn't to say that Capcom wasn't gratuitous with their ammo placement, and we won't find out the truth one way or another till the final retail game comes out. What remains true regardless, however, is the presence of a sidekick, the fact that they buffed up Chris ridiculously, and that one of Capcom's early praises for RE5 was its fleet-footed "zombies" -- all things indicating a more action-packed game.

As aforementioned, I'm uninterested in it, personally. I'm sure it will be a perfectly good action game -- surely better than titles like "Dark Sector" -- but that isn't what I'd want out of RE, and isn't a genre I'm into in general.
    Think your really being too hard on a Demo... Yeah, RE4 was more of an action game but it still had a few good oh shit moments. Demo's aren't meant to be frusterating in the slightest. I guarantee you will not have the same weaponry available when you are to "that" part in the main game as you did in the demo, nor will there even be close to "that" much ammo. Anybody who has ever played a Capcom demo knows how crazy beefed up everything is to make it pure fun. Capcom demo's have always just been a way to get a feel for the "play" mechanics & I don't see why they would change their approach to demo's w/RE5.

I agree, RE2 was my favorite RE game of all time, but I did really like RE4 also. And I would be very surprised if Capcom took out the ammo shortage feel & the scarcity of herbs as in every other game. If you didn't like RE4 then this game isn't gonna be a throwback to the old school RE feel, but I bet it will be better and have more scare moments then RE4. I mean there were a decent amolunt of pure digusting moments in RE4 & that was an action-horror game

Game may have more of an action feel, but I'm positive there will also be parts that have that old school feel to em a bit, like they did in RE4. Your take on the demo makes it sound like it's not your game, but your bashing things that make a "demo" what a "demo" is and I don't think thats a fair judgement.

I made a silver JP xbox live account, downloaded the demo and the shit doesnt work.
    It says: "This disc's region code is incorrect for this console." FUUUUUUUUUckkk

edit: rofl Capcom found out what people were doing and region locked the demo. anyone still got the files to demo? the first link doesnt work

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast