+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

Monster Hunter Unite: The Hunt Begins!

If you wish to play Ad Hoc all you need to do is make a JAP PSN account. Here's a tutorial to make make one: YouTube - How To Use and Download Ad Hoc Party and worked w/o any problem.

Don't forget: your PS3 needs to be wired to your router/gatewaye/etc. in order to play. This is because the wireless fidelity is used as a server.

Edit: What's also cool is that once you install the ad hoc party, you can use your existing PSN accounts.

PS3 Hunters Unite Compendium

• Es_Meteora
    • Jaybar3
    • Valkyria-X (Kia)
    • ShiroikageBG
    • Cantih
    • Final_Spyder (Ragnell)
    • OlgaFlow (AoE)

We usually hang around: World J, Lobby 50-53, and pass protect the BG house; blue will always be the password.

Instructions for Ad Hoc Party:
    Spoiler: show

1. With AdHoc Party started go down to the third option and press circle. It is now searching for your PSP.

2. Start Up Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G and go into the Online Guild Hall. Make sure your Wifi switch is turned on your PSP.

3. Once your PSP in found, press circle, you will go back to the main screen of Ad-Hoc Party.

4. Now press circle to chose the first option on the Ad Hoc Party screen. You will be taken to and place that says 'World A' you can scroll through the worlds with the L and R buttons.

**World J is the one I will use in this guide as it is used most by English speaking people**

5. Find World J, now using the left or right analog stick find lobby 50, press circle to go into Lobby 50.

**Lobby 50 is also known to be the 'English Speaking Lobby.' How this came to be, I have no idea.**

6. You will now see a close up of Lobby 50, Press Circle.

Now you may or may not see other people, you can talk to these people buy pressing start to bring up your keyboard. You can also press circle over their name, the first option makes you walk to them, the second option you can talk to them, the third option is 'add to friends list'.

You will also see houses. Each house represents someone hosting a game. Which game are playing? Well you don't really know until you go into the house. Some of the houses are named based on what game they are playing, but not always, so feel free to pop into any open house and ask what they are playing if you cannot tell. To enter a house, use the analog stick and set the target over the house, press circle, then chose the 2nd option. To exit a house press triangle, then chose the first option, then chose the option to the left.

Once you are in a house you can hook up a headset to your PS3. That's right, voice chat in Monster Hunter, FINALLY!

**Houses with an open door are open to anyone**

**Houses with a shut (or no) door are full and you cannot go into them**

**Houses with a key are password protected, unless you have the pass word you cannot go in**

Here is how to host a game in AdHoc Party.

Follow the steps above to get into world J, Lobby 50 then:

1. Using the analog stick to move the target find a clear spot in the lobby. Press Circle.

2. Chose the second option. **Remember Circle is 'accept' and X is 'cancel'**

3. Now you can see 3 Boxes. Press Circle on the First Box to name your house. It is a good idea to just name your house after the game you are playing. I am not sure what the second option is for. In the third box you can set a password. Only people who know the password can get in.

4. You are now Hosting a game! You can meet up with any fellow Hunters that come into your house in the Online Guild Hall!

While Hosting a Game you can press Triangle and have the following options:

The First box is to leave your house. Simply press Circle, then chose the option on the left.

The Second box is to set the description of your house, press circle on the second option and a key board will come up. You can set it to anything, such as 'Group Training', 'HR Ranking Up', Etc. Or you can just leave it as it.

The Third option is to open or close the door. An open door means anyone can come in, a closed door means no one can come in. It is a good idea to close the door if your party is full. The option on the left opens the door, the option on the right closes the door.

There is a fourth option which is to kick a person out of your house.

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce

BG Level

Now with the release of Unite, I'm hoping I can set up some multi players for those who happen to have a PS3.

Electric Six groupie
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

My PSN ID is Jaybar3, and my ad-hoc ID is notweaboo. Probably going to be on tomorrow after I'm done with work...but my friends want me to come to the midnight showing of Transformers so I won't really be on that much.

Still on 4* elder quests and 3* Guild quests because I got too pissed off at the Congalala to get my HR2...hate that guy. Would love to do some serious treasure hunting to fill up my guild card though.

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce

BG Level

All is cool, I'll help you out w/ whichever quests you need to clear or items to get.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I have a fully maxed character from Freedom 2 (like... insane gear, full white fatalis, dark akantor, jolly roger, etc) and I'll be picking up Unite today.

But I think I'll dust off my WIFI MAX and play on Xlink Kai. My PS3 and my wireless router hate each other and it's too much hassle to have to unhook the router every time I want to get the PS3 online.

Ridill
    BG Level

until I just saw the commercial for this game I was thinking this game was Monster Rancher lol.
    I can just pick up this game and play right? wiki says its an add-on, so didnt know if you need the previous game to play.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

It's stand alone, but you'll need a way to play with friends or online. The game is not solo friendly lol.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    It's stand alone, but you'll need a way to play with friends or online. The game is not solo friendly lol.
    Eh, there's enough elder quests (solo stuff, basically) to keep you going for way over 100 hours, I have around 110 hours playtime between Freedom 2 and Unite now and I've still got half of the 7* and all of the 8 and 9* quests to do with the elder. It's obviously gonna be alot more fun with friends to kill shit with, but single player is still fun and challenging enough to be worth the buy. Of course, all of the guild (multiplayer) quests are entirely soloable, but they're significantly harder and take alot longer.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I wouldn't say all the guild quests are entirely soloable honestly. Unite introduces some very difficult new monsters, and gives some very powerful moves to existing ones. There are honestly not many people who could even make it into G rank solo, the monsters were designed entirely to be killed with 2-4 people (have you seen Nargacuga? that thing is a fucking beast). Even with about 700 hours under my belt between the PSP Monster Hunters I am getting stuffed in seconds flat in g rank if I screw up (and this is with other players).

The dynamics are 1000x different when playing with a group, it really enhances the game to the point that I find solo play extremely boring.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Well I don't have any experience with the later quests. I just know of people on forums that have got up to the high rank quests and G rank stuff entirely solo. I doubt I'll get that high unless I start hopping on Ad-Hoc party, I'm already starting to play it in much smaller bursts. I just hop on and do a couple of quests before taking another break. From my understanding the Hunting Guild ones just have a higher amount of health, not attack. The 7* Felyne quests are already getting pretty ridiculous, raged Red Khezu can drop around 3/4 of my health with it's projectile attack.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

If it were G red Khezu it would probably kill you in one shot then lol. That's the thing, getting your foot in the door in G is hard. A lot of the people who are soloing in G are doing it with weapons and armor that they got running in groups.

It's pretty easy to play online though, using either a Japanese PSN account like in this thread, or Xlink Kai (what I use).

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

My router isn't compatible with Xlink Kai or somesuch, just need to stop being lazy and set up a JP account on my PS3 and get cracking on multiplayer. And yeah, I have a lot of negative thunder resistance, I have no idea how big a difference it makes, but I'm guessing it didn't help.

Electric Six groupie
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

Go get that account damnit! Probably going to try getting on today.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Maybe I'll make one too.

I'm hunter rank 8, so I could help get people up to speed pretty quickly. Have a couple friends on the way over now to play, hopefully I can get the parts I need for Nargacuga weapons from helping them with their urgents.

2600klub

Loves tits more than you

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I just need to learn to use Adhoc party and do whatever

Electric Six groupie
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

How to use Ad-Hoc Party

I used that link to get the general gist of things. The main menu in Ad-Hoc party has 4 options, the first letting you join the lobbies (A through J). The 3rd option uses Ad-Hoc and connects your PSP.

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce

BG Level

Jay, keep an eye for this thread as I'm making the account.

Electric Six groupie
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

I was eating dinner and missed your last message ;x Also, I'm using a really cheap USB keyboard (by cheap, I mean it's a keyboard I can literally roll up). Easier than using the onboard keyboard though. Wish I had my FFXI keyboard still

Also, no headset either.

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce

BG Level

I'm trying to set up the ad hoc party as we speak <_<

Electric Six groupie
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

Enter World J and go to Lobby 51. I'm going to go there now.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast