+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 57 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Post some Screenshots!     submit to reddit submit to twitter

The outland zones were awesome, especially Nagrand and Zangamarsh, but Howling Fjord is my favorite zone in the game now by far. The first time you take the boat in as alliance is epic. I feel Horde really get the short end of the stick there, neither of their two entry points to Northrend have an equivalent feel. I've been really impressed with how Blizzard has created such a fitting atmostphere for northrend. It blows the setting of any other MMO I've played away, even with the "Cartoony Graphics".

blax n gunz
    BG Level

fk yea howling fjord:

I've picked this as my lvl70 starter zone 5 times out of 5 now. Borean doesn't even compare.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    fk yea howling fjord:

I've picked this as my lvl70 starter zone 5 times out of 5 now. Borean doesn't even compare.
    I completely agree.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    The music took a huge jump upwards around TBC as well. There aren't a lot of memorable 'vanilla' pieces outside of a few dungeons (SFK/Naxx). I had trouble fishing in Zangarmarsh, between the soft, cool colors and the woodwinds I'd end up nodding off after 10 minutes.
    Music I like the most in wotlk so far is storm peaks... really epic sounding (think its 2 different songs)

Coke of Vanilla
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Maelstrom

8 more painful lvls before I go to outlands.........making me excited!

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Apologies in advance for yet another Nagrandgasm, but I couldn't resist. This zone is just beautiful. Last 2 are my fav.

One thing I need to do is fix my Antialiasing, I try to configure it in the nvidia control panel but it keeps erasing WoW from it's database, pissing me off.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Nagrand is my favorite outland zone too. Just a tranquil piece of paradise surrounded on all sides by war and desolation. Only thing that sucks about it is the nessingway quests, ungh those take forever.

Sandpaper Demon
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Snowman Emperor
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    Nagrand is my favorite outland zone too. Just a tranquil piece of paradise surrounded on all sides by war and desolation. Only thing that sucks about it is the nessingway quests, ungh those take forever.
    i liked the nesingwary quests, i'm all about killing lots of shit rather than running around for 45 minutes looking for some talbuk shit

but damn i wish my gfx card could handle northrend like your guyses =( icecrown citadel would be so fucking epic to look at with view and graphics settings at max @_@

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

running around for 45 minutes looking for some talbuk shit
    Oh man i forgot about that one lol. I felt dirty IRL doing that quest.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

I'm with Ramor, I'm addicted to mass mindless kill a thons.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik View Post
    I'm with Ramor, I'm addicted to mass mindless kill a thons.
    Ofc, you played FFXI for god knows how long

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

FFXI is a great way to semi prepare for wow...
    with the raid downtimes (especially when doin g OS with 1 shaman 3 drakes, and waiting on BL for like 5-10min + afk people), mindless mass killing, how to do pulls in instances, good pulling skills etc.

Now if only I could move away from my hentai gaming "click like crazy" gameplay style... although i think I do it pretty well to where no one really, usually notices...!

YOU ARE SEARED
    Dungeon Master of the House of Weave

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

The thing I'm still getting used to is the pacing for bosses...not that most NMs in FFXI take any longer than ~5min anymore, but having a 5 minute hard timer on bosses means the pace is really a different flavor.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Another Giant dump! I'm not going to warn for 56k, because spoiler tags don't prevent things from being downloaded, only shown! 12 x 1680x994 pictures in this spoilertag, enlarge your browsers!

Today I finally got to see Northrend on Day 10 of my playtime The zone I entered was Howling Fjord, and oh my goodness the zone is very.... alive! I really enjoyed seeing the giant people in action, they felt verrrrrry norse-mauri , I really liked this place's environment, and I really enjoyed the introduction quests I was given. Anyway, on with the screenshots, and hmm I think I should update my blog with these :D

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Yeah, blizz spent time making the zones look pretty awesome, but to get the full effect you need full settings, full shadows!

Tree swaying animations, overhead animals and other things you won't see with low shadow settings adds a nice touch to how nice things can look (that and if some gankers flying overhead, you can see their shadow too)

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Mmm yes, that's why I'm happy I have my current PC full effects all the time except for grass / ground clutter, I tone those down a bit to bump FPS up.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    Yeah, blizz spent time making the zones look pretty awesome, but to get the full effect you need full settings, full shadows!
    Setting the shadow quality slider on my machine creates a horrible flickering effect, like the game can't quite decide where to render the shadows from frame to frame. It's awful. My machine should be able to handle it, even.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Oh wow I can't wait to do that

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Man if something remotely like that happened on my server (well it gets kinda close to some places, especially heroics daily places)

There are usually few hundred skeletons laying around teh area... epic battles all day long!