DBM glitch I beleive

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

Quote Originally Posted by FailureMidgard View Post
    Or a Corruption you put up during the p2>p3 transition...it is skipping phase3, I personally do not think it is the intended way to do the achievement...

But yea, you take him from 50% to 1hp during the p1>p2 transition with a ton of sparks stacked.
    Its the only way to do it, and it is definitely the intended way. You need at least 4-5 sparks to be able to do it, you bring him down to 1% then start blowing up scions and nexus lords with your 4-5 stack.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by aers View Post
    er what

he enrages in 6min?
    haha no idea.. but uhh.. yeah thaddius "fight" lasted for that long according to DBM! (was really weird)

he kept us all in combat that long too...

Quote Originally Posted by Dezzimal View Post
    Its the only way to do it, and it is definitely the intended way. You need at least 4-5 sparks to be able to do it, you bring him down to 1% then start blowing up scions and nexus lords with your 4-5 stack.
    I'm well aware how it works, I've done it multiple times. You do not need at least 4-5, however. 3-4 sparks does it. It's how my guild did it in virtually a full minute less than most guilds. We also had people doing stupid things/bad dps/etc. I still think that it was intended to never get more than 2 stacks, and that if everyone had the very best gear/etc and was playing right, you could do it that way.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by FailureMidgard View Post
    I'm well aware how it works, I've done it multiple times. You do not need at least 4-5, however. 3-4 sparks does it. It's how my guild did it in virtually a full minute less than most guilds. We also had people doing stupid things/bad dps/etc. I still think that it was intended to never get more than 2 stacks, and that if everyone had the very best gear/etc and was playing right, you could do it that way.
    It's also possible that these timed achievements weren't really designed to be clearable by the current tier of gear, rather than be something to keep the content alive once it is obsolesced by higher tier raids coming along.

That's how I've always viewed it, anyway. People creatively getting them 'early' is also acceptable. I hope they never change it.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

ehh, they've already hotfixed one of the heroic dungeon achivments. can't LOS insanity now when doing the last boss in old kingdom, though I do believe they toned down the evil party members as i went from kiting till it was over to making them explode in a few hits.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    ehh, they've already hotfixed one of the heroic dungeon achivments. can't LOS insanity now when doing the last boss in old kingdom, though I do believe they toned down the evil party members as i went from kiting till it was over to making them explode in a few hits.
    can DI, and soulstone res and dps him down with 2 and 3 if shaman ahk ... or so I heard (before insanity hits)

Insanity is really short if you have a couple of good aoe classes and stay grouped up during the cast. Each copy has 12k hp. The alternative is to bring less than a full group, so that you don't need to go through nearly as many copies: I barely just missed the achievement using only 4 people.

You can also burn him quite a lot during his insanity cast, I bet with a spell-slowing effect and good dps/heroism you could make him skip a cast.

Insanity is really short if you have a couple of good aoe classes and stay grouped up during the cast. Each copy has 12k hp. The alternative is to bring less than a full group, so that you don't need to go through nearly as many copies: I barely just missed the achievement using only 4 people.

You can also burn him quite a lot during his insanity cast, I bet with a spell-slowing effect and good dps/heroism you could make him skip a cast.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by aurik View Post

The achievement is a real whore if your group has a resto druid who does nothing but spam 7k nourishes all fucking day. I die every time I forget to put wound poison on my daggers.

Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    The achievement is a real whore if your group has a resto druid who does nothing but spam 7k nourishes all fucking day. I die every time I forget to put wound poison on my daggers.
    The trick to this is have your druid heal the fight in human form. I believe at least some of his AI is based on his form, but this at least should cut his armor way down. The player can switch to tree form during the phase transition for his own armor benefit.

Also, have the druid buff *everyone* with thorns prior to the fight, as an act of penance for how evil druids are in that encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by aurik View Post
    The trick to this is have your druid heal the fight in human form. I believe at least some of his AI is based on his form, but this at least should cut his armor way down. The player can switch to tree form during the phase transition for his own armor benefit.

Also, have the druid buff *everyone* with thorns prior to the fight, as an act of penance for how evil druids are in that encounter.
    I've definitely seen cats casting nourish, we had the druid switch to cat during the castbar back in the first week of wrath, and yea, didn't seem to do anything.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

so glad i did that achivment when it was bugged and you could los insanity.

Ksandra Needs To Post Tits
    BG Level

http://i44.tinypic.com/1zd85rm.jpg

And that's just one bank alt..

I feel like a cocaine dealer.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

should make some 20 slot bags in 3.08 with all that. I've made all my characters all 20 slot bags... although it kinda makes me sad that their lowering the ingredient costs now ;/

/savesupcloth

randomly.. warlocks got to be the best farming class ever, especially in area's with 5sec spawns o_O

YOU ARE SEARED
    Dungeon Master of the House of Weave

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Saving them for your own weapon enchants or something?

BG Level

Wheres the best spot to farm the cloths? I have a buddy who's trying to level his tailoring and is a lock and I have his info. Maybe I'll surprise him with a few levels.

No I'm not saving them, that's the by product of making Greater Cosmics.. I have about 4500+ all together. Just can't sell it fast enough.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Whats that bag mod Odon? I use Baggins atm but that looks better

BG Level

ArkInventory best bag mod I've ever found. lets you customize a ton of stuff. It will separate your bags like the picture I posted based on where you tell it to put stuff. It's quite nice

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    Don't bring a healer. I did the achievement twice 2 nights in a row. Was mostly the same group each time. ele shaman, prot pld, shadow priest, hunter, and a mage/feral druid for last slot. we had the shadow priest heal outside of shadow form while dpsing(can also get the ele shaman to heal). it makes insanities a lot easier when there's no healing class to kill. and faster for everyone as well since you're not stuck with a healer trying to kill clones.
    Shaman blows heroism after first insanity ends. we accidentally used heroism before first insanity once and dots pushed him over into the 2nd insanity cast at a bad time. right after we finished first set we got sent immediately into the 2nd set and wiped.
    but yea, hybrid dps/healers for that for sure.
    we beat him once with 1 second to spare, and another time with about 3-4 seconds to spare .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast